Old December 20, 2001, 06:48   #1
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 05:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Funniest AI Diplomacy
What are the funniest (or weirdest) things you've ever heard the AI say during diplomacy?
What got me thinking was a game where I was playing on a map bascially oriented towards Momentum style play, as Santiago. I pacted with Deirdre (and she was the one who asked for it), but I wanted to attack Morgan.
I had my Impact rover prototype ready, but I wanted another attacker, so I tried to upgrade my Scout Rover. I was five ECs short, so I called up Deirdre and asked for money (offering my 'goodwill' in return), and she replied,

Quote:
Very well, here are 0 energy credits . Spend them wisely and do not come back asking for more.
When I looked at my own energy budget, what I had had jumped up to 273 ECs, and the Gaians now had none!!
Old December 23, 2001, 21:56   #2
Wiglaf
Never Ending Stories
Emperor

Local Time: 13:46
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Once something...err, rude popped up in a diplomacy screen in SP, while signing an alliance or something to that effect. I checked it out a bit...turns out I had a friend over a while back (altered the faction.txt file a little).

Hilarious until I noticed.
Old December 24, 2001, 04:43   #3
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame
Beyond the Sword AI Programmer

Local Time: 07:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Morgan indignantly demanding I resume loan repayments (WITH INTEREST!) straight after surrendering to me and giving me all of his money.
Old December 24, 2001, 08:36   #4
Clear Skies
Prince

Local Time: 18:46
Seconded, Blake. That really really irritates me - I once had Morgan say 'blah blah blah loan repayments of 3 credits blah blah grown with interest and repayments to 624 credits!!!!

I cancelled the Treaty and destroyed him. I'm not standing for that.
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Old December 26, 2001, 03:34   #5
Sikander
King

Local Time: 11:46
She was so impressed that she just surrendered
One game I was playing I ended up on a huge continent all to myself. I spread like a disease and built nearly all of the SPs. After over 100 years as my shard choppers were zooming across the sea to attack Deirdre, I noticed an orange unity foil approaching. Inside was Miriam's original scout patrol. I let it approach my continent, and she pulled up alongside one of my bases and initiated diplomacy. First she threatened, and when I refused to give her Fusion, she immediately surrendered. I had a good laugh at the likelihood of that, a voyage of over 100 years all to just surrender in the end.
Old December 27, 2001, 02:25   #6
aaglo
King

Local Time: 21:46
Sikander - Very funny

I have mentioned this earlier. Once I started a SMAX-game as caretakers. The usupers landed some five squares away from me. I got lucky: the usupers did not leave a single unit to defend their home base, so I conquered usupers six turns after the landing (talk about good AI ).
Nothing to do with diplomacy though... just funny.