Old December 21, 2001, 06:23   #1
jan3
Settler

Local Time: 18:47
Local Date: October 31, 2010
you call this luck????(more like cheating in favor of ai:-))
i played a game in regent and the aztecs with his jag. warriors rolled up whole armies of mounted warriors (veterans) ??? 1 or 2 times luck ok but this
and as soon the aztec couldent hold them there where massive uprisings near a city he was attacking next turn the barbarians wiped out my town he just had to enter the town.dident see it happen though....was to sick to continue......:-)
Old December 21, 2001, 06:46   #2
rid102
Warlord

The key to combat in Civ3 is to strike in numbers. E.g. turn up with at least 4 times as many Horsemen as you expect resistors.

Aztecs are highly effective early on though due to their Jaguar Warriors.

I usually play Aztecs and just finished a game on Regent. I had wiped all of my continent, destroyed the Iroqouis and relegated the Americans and French to one city each on seperate islands. Pretty much all with Jaguar Warriors and a few Horsemen later on. All I was really after was a Great Leader so I could build a damn Forbidden Palace! How many battles do you need to fight with elites? Normally, it isn't that hard...

I got bored by about 100AD as I had about 50 cities, about 40 of which were useless due to corruption, Forbidden Palace was going to take 200+ turns to build where I wanted it and without a Great Leader it was just dull and boring

So, I decided to spice the game up a bit by giving away all my cities to the remaining four AI players - turned my empire into a multi-coloured checkerboard hehehe and played until around 1850AD as OCC when the Germans finally crushed me with Cavalry...

Civ3 is such a silly game

I wouldn't bother playing with Barbarians if I were you, unless you really want to. There's no score penalty AFAIK. If you want to make things harder for yourself, play at Monarch or something.
Old December 25, 2001, 09:05   #3
jan3
Settler

Quote:
I usually play Aztecs and just finished a game on Regent. I had wiped all of my continent, destroyed the Iroqouis and relegated the Americans and French to one city each on seperate islands. Pretty much all with Jaguar Warriors and a few Horsemen
hehe yep i kinda start to like the combat system now....why..hehe go figure that out.
did the same with the jaggy's took out an uber continent.stopped to do war around 70 city's.
and now i am in democratic gov.so all those city's on that continent that arent mine (around 30 to 40 ) one by one revert to my civ.
so i will end up with 110+ city's !!!
i retired before that happened.....