Old December 21, 2001, 11:38   #1
cheerful
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:47
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Industrial worker rocks
I have seen several analysis of different civ characteristic. Most don't give industrial high rating. I think it is really underrated. IMHO, it is #1 (but we don't have to argue about it as each player has different taste).

Industrial worker works twice as fast. This allows me to build and support only a small number of workers. I am getting away with only 6 for my 10 cities in the ancient era. Yes they costs only 10 shields. But they also cost a pop, which can be labor.

Fast worker rules in an offensive war when you opponents have not yet built all the railroads. I will attack with loads of Cav as soon as I have Steam Power. Fast railroad building allows me to move cav to the always moving front lines and grab more cities in a single turn.

The fast worker also means your labor in the city will work on roaded/improved tile much earlier, generating more gold and shield. This carries a long way. This is very hard to quantify but the cumulating effect should be huge.

And, yes, there are the captured slaves. Being industrial means they are as fast as the most of your enemies' workers and they are free. Can't beat that.

Any other thought?
Old December 21, 2001, 11:49   #2
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 20:47
true. industrial worker do RULE.
Old December 21, 2001, 14:14   #3
Libertarian
King

Local Time: 13:47
One industrious worker indeed rocks.

A hundred industrious workers bleed the very life out of the late-game, leaving in their wake a chore so despised that it fills you with dread — namely, clicking for the next turn.