Old December 21, 2001, 12:05   #1
AHO
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:47
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Confused by current events--or--Dan Rather doesn't play Civ3
The other day I heard Dan Rather say that an interim government would be taking over in Afghanistan this week-end with a permanent government to take over in a few months. WHAT!?!? Is he crazy? Coming out of anarchy with a new government already? It hasn't been anywhere near 6 turns yet!
Then he said that mosques were being rebuilt all over Afghanistan. Well, figuring that all the bombardment has resulted in the destruction of EVERY improvement in every city, yes, they better start building, but I was shocked that with only one shield of production available in the conquered cities that they could be building anything this quickly.
THEN, he said that the invading American army had already rebuilt the airport at Kandahar. That's amazing! It didn't take 100 years to quell the resistors before they could start building? Then they rebuilt it in just a couple weeks? Incredible!
Finally, I heard that the British occupying force was landing in Kabul today. I love you Brits, as well as my own American compatriots, so please, PLEASE heed my warning: Make sure you have one more military unit than there is population unit in Kabul! I would hate for you guys to get deposed and lose YOUR ENTIRE ARMY!

Merry Christmas to all (Happy Christmas to our British friends) and good-bye.
Old December 21, 2001, 15:25   #2
Whoha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Morgan
Emperor

Local Time: 13:47
no need to worry
the taliban sold off alot of culture generating improvements and we eliminated the taliban so theres no one to defect to. this also explains why there is no resistance, and since the capital is so close by, corruption/waste should be all but non existant atleast for about 10 tiles

Last edited by Whoha; December 21, 2001 at 15:43.
Old December 21, 2001, 15:33   #3
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 11:47
Besides, Afghanistan is a Religious civ, although for some reason it seems to have spent a month in Anarchy, during the 'invasion'.

OTH, we do not know if the installation of the interim government this weekend will end the anarchy!
I play BtS (3.19) -- Noble or Prince, Rome, marathon speed, huge hemispheres (2 of them), aggressive AI, no tech brokering. I enjoy the Hephmod Beyond mod. For all non-civ computer uses, including internet, I use a Mac.