Old August 12, 2000, 20:58   #1
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 20:26
Local Date: October 30, 2010
scenarios, scenarios, scenarios!!!!!!!!
One thing I like about Civ II was the wealth of scenarios availible.

One Thing I didn't like was the fact that Microprose seemed incapable of creating interesting historical ones, leading to the disgusting "Fantastic wolds" set.

Therefore I would like to propose several different scenarios, the ones that aren't as obvious but SHOULD have been included in the expansion pack.

1. The Lone Star Republic
The new Nation of Texas struggles againest Mexico for independence, while trying to pacify the Comanches. The players are:

~Texans, with six objective cities (San Antonio, Goliad, Refugio, Harrisburg, Nacogdoches, and Washington-on-the-Brazos) They have to defend these cities.

~Mexicans, they intend to destroy the Texans, and move on toward the USA

~Comanches, dominate Western Texas an New Mexico

~Americans, large economic power, military relatively weak.

~Cherokees, Indian nation that will remained allied with Texans so long as Sam Houston unit survives.

2. The fall of Rome
The Roman Empire is collpsing, and the Horde is swarming. Will you save Rome, or help it die?

~Western Romans, must regain control of objective cities outside of Western Empire.

~Byzantines, must crush their blood enemies, the Persians.

~Persians, see above

~ Visigoths, weak, minor player.

~Huns, determined to destroy the Western Empire

~Ostrogoths, weak, minor player.

3. Alas, Babylon
It is the Late Bronze age and the Baylonian Empire is rising. Become, as Neccabunezzer was, the "King of all the land between the seas". Or Lead a coalition of Caananite nations to victory.

~ The Babylonians, The goal here is simple, destroy the only threats to mesoptamian superiority, the Caananite nations and Eygpt.

~The Coalition, Led by the Jewish Kingdom of Judah, is all that stands in the way between Babylonian Dominance of the Fertile Crescent.
Should the Capital of Jerusalem fall, it'll be fractured into 3 states, Judah, Israel, and Moab.

~The Eygptians are a major power that, much like the US in WWI, wish to remain neutral. Events will eventual bring her into either the Caananite or Babylonian sides.

~ The Trojans to the north are a minor power, for trading purposes only.

Okay y'all, let's have your posts

------------------
"You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you"

"Soylant Green is people. PPPeeeoooppllleee!"
Old August 12, 2000, 21:11   #2
Shadowstrike
Emperor

Local Time: 19:26
Theoratically, a scenario could be done on any historical event. Put in a few historic scenarios, but don't forget the fantasy and sci-fi ones.

Anyhow:

1. Persian invasion of Greece
2. Mongol invasion
3. Hundred Year's War
4. Age of Discovery
Old August 12, 2000, 22:03   #3
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 00:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Scenarios...Scenarios...

Just a few

-Russian Civil War
-American Civil War
-Spanish-American War
-Cuban Missile Crisis
-Latin American Independence
-English Civil War
-A couple of fantasy wars
-Alternate history South wins civil war, large war in 1894 with South allied with England/France/Mexico against North/Germany/Free Republic of Canada/Spain
Old August 13, 2000, 13:00   #4
Gord McLeod
Chieftain

Personally I think they should work harder on the scenario editor than on creating scenarios for us, but then I tend to dislike scenarios in general so I almost never use them. The editor will lead to a far greater number and variety than having Firaxis add 5 or 10 more to Civ3 though.
Old August 13, 2000, 20:41   #5
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 20:26
Darkcloud , you ever read Harry Turtledove's tetralogy the Great War-American Front ? It sure sounds like it from what you just described for alternate history.

The Two Georges
It is the year 1996 and the North American Union has spent the last 200 years as happy citizens of the British Empire. Suddenly, terrorist actions by the radical sepretist group the "Sons of Liberty" threaten to rip the Empire apart.

~British Empire, must totally eradicate Sons of Liberty, and capture Holy Alliance proveince of Nueva Espana.

~Sons of liberty, must defend their cities tenaciously with their terrorist units (spies)

~The Russian Empire, has long since regarded the British territory from Alaska to northern california as part of the Tsars holdings. Must capture British cities on the pacific coast down to San Francisco.

~ Holy Alliance(Franco-Spainish Kingdom) must capture several western cities, such as New Liverpool, Austin, Harrisburg, and San Antonio.
Old August 14, 2000, 01:28   #6
UltraSonix
King

Local Time: 10:26
I agree with Gord McLeod - who cares if they don't even ship a single senario. Shippind a powerful/easy-to-use scenario EDITOR, now THAT's far more important. Looking on the web, you'll find lots of scenarios available for Civ2, and the method for creating them was stupid (integrated into the game). Imagine how many scenarios there'll be on the web if the scenario editor was good...

------------------
No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
Old August 14, 2000, 11:40   #7
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Hey Lonestar You're a fellow fan!

Yes I read the Great-War American Front, which was a great book! Britain vs. everyone, North and South. It was hilariously funny. Sherman hooking up with Jackson.

However, I tried to get through the World War I book, I can't remember what it is called, with the south but it was fairly boring.

The Two Georges was the first Turtledove book I read, the way I heard about Turtledove was through a Battletech group.

However Harry's best work are the Worldwar and Colonization books.

Also good is the Land of Videoss series with the Roman Legion in a new land.

However the Alternate Generals book had false advertising, despite several good tales from many authors.

Ultra

Yes, I do agree a very good editor would be great but several scenarios also would be fine.