Old December 25, 2001, 11:01   #1
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 15:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas to all players, modmakers and readers of the CTP2 community. It is nice to see a so united and patriot community. Merry Christmas all!!!!
-Jean Rostand
Old December 25, 2001, 19:34   #2
Peter Triggs
CTP2 Source Code ProjectCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 18:54
Hi, all

Merry Christmas to Mark, Dan, and all the moderators.

And the same applies to all the CTP2 community, especially the moders who I've talked to over the past year: Hexagonian, Immortal Wombat, Martin G, Pedrunn and of course Locutus (who's probably having too much fun down there in Teneriffe to even think of Christmas).

Went off for a walk across the meadow and down the river this morning to the pub. Got back just in time to catch The Queen's Christmas Message and watch the traditional Christmas film, 'The Great Escape', while the turkey was cooking. After eating and drinking too much, thought I'd see what was going on at Poly.

PS: Pedrunn, I'm still working on NewDiplomod. I thought of trying to rush it out before Christmas but then I thought: "Ooh, that's been tried before (no names mentioned) and it really didn't work out." If you want, you can be one of the first beta testers when it's ready.

Peter
Old December 25, 2001, 20:58   #3
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 19:54
Merry Christmas one and all.

Amazing really, I had a great Christmas, and then, afer a year of posting here, I sit down and play my third game of CtP2 at 23:00 on Christmas Day What a sad fool.
Old December 25, 2001, 21:30   #4
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 20:54
Year merry Chrismas to all,

oh and by the way play GoodMod.

But note do not exaggerate it. I think the last turn was a turn too much.

I noticed while I was playing that I was able to make with one AI peace, in a very strange way. This AI was really furious about me, I really had a problem to keep my cities. I reloaded my save game several times every time with the same effect six or seven turns after reload this particular attacked my declared war on me and attacked and conquered my city. Therefore I tried this: I offerd a chease fire in exchange of some gold but the AI rejected. Therefore I threated with war. And this AI acceped it. This is strange, because this AI would have decleared war on me a few turns anyway and this one can influenced by a war thread. The next things that I blackmailed was a map exchange and a peace treaty and now this AI is still happy with me although if I wouldn't blackmailed him it would have declared war on me. And actual the was no real reason to take my blackmail serious. I was the civ that was at the bottom of the power graph. My cities were very bad defended. My infrastructure was bad. And than I can blackmail a civ to turn from an enemy into a friend.

At least threats from very inferior civs shouldn't be accepted, if you are inferior you have to make gift and not threats to make them happy with your.

-Martin