Old December 27, 2001, 21:49   #1
gus_smedstad
Warlord

Local Time: 13:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Military Suppression of Defection doesn't work.
I can verify in a recent Diety game that the "1 unit supresses 1 defector" rule doesn't work. Keep in mind that this is a fairly extreme case, but it's still frustrating.

I had just taken Thebes 2 turns ago. I was busily suppressing rebels so I could begin seriously oppressing the populace. The current population was 10, 1 of which was a resister, and I had 15 knights in the city. My overall culture was fairly low, and the Egyptians had a fairly high culture. I did, however, outnumber the populace 3:2.

The city defected back to the Egyptians. Poof, there goes my entire offensive force on a single die roll - which I believed was not a risk, since I had believed the "1 unit per population" rule of thumb.

Just a bit of information for those of you that might have been counting on this concept working.

- Gus
Old December 28, 2001, 07:36   #2
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
It would be useful and helpful if a certain Firaxian left the actual formula for reversion somewhere in these forums...