Old December 25, 2001, 10:41   #1
cheerful
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Bug: Automated worker
1. The automated worker now goes to sleep in the nearby city if there is nothing the computer think it should do. Before patch, it will wait for your order.

2. The Shift-I does not produce consistent result. For some worker, there seems to be nothing to do. For other workers, it will do some minging or irrigating. The pre-patching repeative mine-than-irrigate bug seems to be gone though.
cheerful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2001, 02:08   #2
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Bug: Automated worker
Quote:
Originally posted by cheerful
1. The automated worker now goes to sleep in the nearby city if there is nothing the computer think it should do. Before patch, it will wait for your order.
Thats a good thing. Basically when the workers have nothing else interesting to do, they go into "Pollution Patrol", where they hide in a city (available to trade with other civs as a bonus) and are well protected, until pollution rears its ugly head. Rather than having to manually wake up some workers, Shift P them and then fortify them on a hill somewhere after they have cleaned up pollution, they just go and automatically do it themselves.

If you feel they need to do more work, you can also wake them up yourself and make them do what you want them to do.
But it is not a bug!!

Never used Shift I, so cant comment on that.
Old December 27, 2001, 02:37   #3
Andy
Settler

I love the new automatic worker feature. It was a real pain in the late game to have to do it manually. Of course, they just don't go into pollution patrol, anytime that there is anything else to do they wake up and take care of it. I think that the automated workers are one of the nicest features in the game. Simply more proof that Firaxis has done an excellent job. Good work people!!
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2002, 16:57   #4
cheerful
Chieftain

Inconsistent
The automated worker seem to be inconsistent in what to do. I put a worker near a city and hit Shift-I, nothing happens. Move a different worker over, Shift-I, he starts to build irrigation on one of the tiles in the city radius. I did not notice such behavior pre-patch.
Old January 4, 2002, 17:47   #5
cheerful
Chieftain

Inconsistent
The automated worker seem to be inconsistent in what to do. I put a worker near a city and hit Shift-I, nothing happens. Move a different worker over, Shift-I, he starts to build irrigation on one of the tiles in the city radius. I did not notice such behavior pre-patch.
Old January 4, 2002, 22:51   #6
Uncle Thade
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:57
I have found Auto-Workers changing terrain that I have done manually and it irritates the heck outta me. Can I slap these silly buggers to next week or am I kinda on babysitting patrol with the Auto-Workers?
Uncle Thade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2002, 22:57   #7
Green Giant
Warlord

Local Time: 12:57
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Thade
I have found Auto-Workers changing terrain that I have done manually and it irritates the heck outta me. Can I slap these silly buggers to next week or am I kinda on babysitting patrol with the Auto-Workers?
Shift-A will make them not change the improvements already in place. I really only use it in the early game when i need a lot of food for settlers or a lot of shields for wonders.
Green Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2002, 00:39   #8
Uncle Thade
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:57
THX Green Giant. I shall try that... but I tell you if these little buggers start acting up again it's off to my slave colonies on the Ivory Coast.
Uncle Thade is offline   Reply With Quote