Old January 5, 2002, 13:12   #1
Bluefrog
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Global politcal climate.
It would be very handy, and very easy to incorporate, if we could view the global political climate. For instance, if I could see that my neighbors France and England are Furious with each other, it would definitely aid in trade agreements. It's realistic, as well. It could be easily implemented as a mouse-over feature in the Foreign Advisor screen.

Thoughts?
Old January 7, 2002, 00:20   #2
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 05:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Good idea, I've thought about that myself. I was remembering SMAC infiltrators at the time, and one the things they could do was let you know about a factions relations with other factions. Quite handy, cos' it meant you could figure out 'Yes, Yang and Morgan are going to be at war soon'.
It would be useful in Civ 3 as well, not only for trade deals, but also for setting up new alliances if you see a civ that is pissed off at an ally. Make new alliances (Or get out of the one you've got, if you don't want to fight).