Old January 15, 2002, 00:36   #31
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 05:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
seems i missed the start, had so many things on my m,ind recently sorry bout that guys.. If ozzy wants to play on thats fine .. I will becoem a sub...
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old January 16, 2002, 00:28   #32
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 15:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well i'm somewhat interested in the game, but I really, really don't want to get sucked back in to the world of Civ again since it takes away from all the important things I need to do conquering the world in real life. So maybe we could rotate Raz. I think this was discussed earlier. You play one week, I play the next week. This way i can get involved but it takes up less of my time (hopefully).

Also, hopefully soon my social life will reemerge and Saturday nights will be bad for playing games. I'm a swinging college chap after all. But if we can keep switching off then either one of us will be good with taking over full time if one's schedule makes playing in this game problematic.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old January 16, 2002, 13:33   #33
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

ok soiunds reqsonable3 whattime aus is it played
Old January 16, 2002, 17:13   #34
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

11 am Sunday.

quite the civilized time.

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old January 17, 2002, 06:45   #35
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 07:00
THE DEITIANS...
From 4000 BC, the First Epoch of Deiticus

It hovered in space over the blue planet.

HE had spoken the word and the pod drifted gently to the ground.

The chosen one, Captain Deiticus, felt at home with his small tribe in a southern island continent. It seemed to remind him of something.

HE, the lord and master of many planets, looked fondly upon his new quest. HE thought to HIMSELF - someday they will rediscover me, the one true God... but that will be in about 6000 years. Till then, farewell my Captain and beware the yellow peril and all his running dogs...

The small tribe of DEITIAN settlers built their first city by a river surrounded by lush pastures and grasslands. It was called deiticity in honour of the one true universal ruler. Many planets had been conquered, Deiticus knew this and his task was before him. Coming from a supreme and spotless line he would maintain peace and goodwill to any fair peoples discovered on this new Earth, despite the warnings of deity.

He ventured North with his second tribe of followers and established deitigod .

All research was concentrated on discovering seafaring craft so that the next city could be established on an island to the NW of the DEITIAN continent. deity had spotted it from the craft and given the co-ordinaters to Deiticus.

Whilst deiticity organised another band of explorers, deitigod built the first craft capable of sea travel. The explorers hastily set forth to this island surrounded by 4 whale resources and quickly built deitigodfather.

Very soon Deiticus was proclaimed King and rapid establishment of more cities was underway.

The Cantonese made contact near deitigodfather and were so surprised to find our city already there that their initial reaction was some utterance like, "UPYOURS".

King Deiticus went into diplomatic overdrive and agreed to encourage them to establish their city on an island to the SW. A strategic alliance was forged and the two great civilisations co-operated in all manner of things.

Deiticus was particularly concerned when the Yellow Indian people refused to make contact despite their abilty to do so. But they did rapidly establish an embassy with us, without a word! deity's warnings of the yellow peril rang in Deiticus' ears. And it soon became clear that these were NOT Indians at all. They were Aztecs, the most feared and remorseless war-mongers ever to have appeared on any planet. Upon establishing an embassy with them Deiticus discovered that they had allied with another peoples hyding somewhere in the far NW. Both these civilisations had the war like abilities of elephant fighting machines, which were sighted off the Western borders of the Cantonese, and it was clear that these two dangerous nations posed a possible threat to the peaceful world order...

Dipomatic missions to the wonderfull and currently supreme Cantonese nation consolidated our strategic planning...

King Deiticus would maintain a steady peaceful approach through solid defence and vigilance. Already our great alliance had nearly amassed a greater defensive army than most other nations.

THE DETIANS prospered and covered their great land with towns and infratructure. There were considerable obstacles with much desert terrain but careful planning may minimise this problem.
Old January 17, 2002, 12:52   #36
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

World Map 675 BC
Most Honorable Metalhead cartographer Glen Danzig completes his first survey of the world.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	675bc.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	8693  

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old January 18, 2002, 20:23   #37
Makeo
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
King

Local Time: 12:00
The Tenochca peoples of Mexica were commanded by their god Huitzilopochitli to journey to the south whereupon they came across the struggling indian civilization. The indian people were a wild and uncivilized people and they became known as the Chichimec to the tenochca. The indian people welcomed the civilizing influence of the tenochca and eventually were absorbed into the tenochca tribe. However the other tribes living in the same area as the indians, principally the Culhuacan were less welcoming and eventually drove the tenochca away from the fertile valley. The tenochca were forced to the oceans edge were they founded Tenochtitlan, literally place of the Tenochcas.
The council of wise men convened and elected Makeozacoatl to the position of Huey Tlatoani or Great Speaker, Huitzilopochitli’s representitive on earth. Makeozacoatl or Makeo as he became known, set about the construction of Tenochtitlan with great fervor and the establishment of a stable government and religious hierarchy were his top priorities. As a result Tenochtitlan grew in size dramatically as well as its influence over the surrounding areas so much so that the previously superior Culhuacan were driven out of the fertile river valley to the north west of Tenochtitlan which allowed construction of Teotihaucan. Further population growth led to a settlement being established to the south west which became known as Xiocholco. This triple alliance of cities with Tenochtitlan as the dominant partner began a rapid expansion in population, technology and cultural diversity.

Makeo’s next priority was the exploration of lands outside the fertile valleys of the triple city state and therefore sent out jaguar knights to the east and west. The expedition to the east eventually came into contact with the Cantonese at their town of Canton and to honor Quetzalcoatl a trade of information occurred as well as a loose establishment of borders. The expedition to the west led to the establishment of diplomatic ties with the Ukranian tribe.
The jaguar knights in Canton continued on their westward trek passing through Canton and into the arctic regions to the north. Only due to their endurance, strength and courage given to them by Huitzilopochitli were they able to survive. These entrepid explorers eventually discovered land far to the east of Mexica. Much to their surprise the land was occupied by two allied tribes. The Atlanteans and the Americans.
At the same time the westward expedition had come into contact with the Carthaginians.

At about this time Quetzalcoatl blessed the Tenochca priests with the knowledge of mapmaking and the ability to construct ocean going vessels. Two more cities were established on the islands of the coast of Mexica and Canton. These were Tlamanalco and Texcoco. These ocean going settlers noticed an island abundant with natural resources but unfortunately it was already occupied and therefore the settlers continued on their journey.

The discovery of the American alliance led the council of wise men and Makeozacoatl to reevaluate the Tenochca’s diplomatic relations with the Ukranians and Carthaginians and a true triple alliance was formed. Further expansion to the north of Tenochtitlan led to the establishment of Malinalco, Calixtilahauca and Valladolid soon to be renamed Atzcapotzalco.

Makeo ordered a mission to the island tribe noticed by the settlers of Texcoco and due to the missions importance sent a tlacatecuhtli. The tlacatecuhtli immediately noticed the inferiority of this island tribe, which called itself the deitians. The belief in only one god and their utter reliance on this belief was obvious to the Tenochca. The deitians were obviously overawed by the Tenochca, mistaking their advanced technology and cultured ways for warlike behavior. The tlacatecuhtli feels it is the Tenochca’s duty to educate our less advantaged brothers and bring the benefits of Tenochca civilization to the deitians.
Old January 19, 2002, 19:13   #38
deity
Emperor

So, war is declared?
LMAO! Great post Makeo

---

World leaders, do you endorse the Aztecs attitude? THE DEITIANS come in peace and wish dialog and trade with all great nations. Any nation attacking another requires a genuine reason like a border conflict or an overlapping resource but any blatant aggression in far off lands must be viewed with disapproval by the world community. Such a nation would surely lose it's allies and be brought into check by other world powers? I trust such events will not come to pass in these ancient times...
Old January 20, 2002, 02:22   #39
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 13:00
*** Just a note here Neither Rasputin or Ozzy showed up for tonight's session. Thankfully winzity was able to sub in. We'd just like someone ahead of time to claim the atlantian civ, and say "I'm gonna play the next session!" I've don't care how its settled I'd just like to avoid having the poor civ have a new owner every session.***

The Cantonese empire found new lands harder to come by in the last few hundred years. With the settlement of manchuria and the Russian Far East the Cantonese saw their period of rapid expansion end and took up the task of developing their vast empire. Explorers still look to deep forests and jungles for new expansion possiblities, but when the period of social unrest ended in 125 BC the new republic government took up the task of internal development with new rigor. Roads, farms, temples, grew along side cities whom increasing demand for water led to the construction of huge aquaducts to supply the growing needs. All these tasks may not have the same glory as settling unknown lands but are just as honorable. Trade flourished as new roads as well as goods from across the sea increased oppertunities in China.

While the great leaders of Canton directly confront the issue of development, they cannot help but think in the back of their minds what is Canton's role in the world? The well educated understand that Canton is one nation among many. Many questions remained unanswered about these other nations and most are unsure what course of action to take since communications from most of these nations are rare indeed. Currently the leadership down plays the importance of these other nations however there is increasing pressure from factions of the government to learn more about the world and increase trade and communication with these nations, while some paranoid groups say that communication must be increased in any case, and failure to do so would only be negative for Canton...in the forms of either isolationism or hostile invasions.
Old January 20, 2002, 11:36   #40
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Crap
Raz didn't show?

Damn, that sucks. I hope the sub did a good job, somebody send me a save. I even sent Raz all sorts of instructions for the game. Grrrrr.

Old January 21, 2002, 01:47   #41
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 14:00
Quote:
HE had spoken the word and the pod drifted gently to the ground.

The chosen one, Captain Deiticus, felt at home with his small tribe in a southern island continent. It seemed to remind him of something.
From spaceflight to learning the A, B, C's? How sad

I sure hope we get someone to play the N Americans on a permanent basis, I don't want my alliance depending on the whims of some sub who wants a fun time screwing with me instead of joining me in conquering the world... (oops, shouldn't have said that). I remember one dip game that fell apart because a sub came in and violated the rules IMO and divided the players as to who was right or wrong and the wronged player quit.

Btw, the Americans and Atlanteans are ahead in technology.
Old January 21, 2002, 05:59   #42
deity
Emperor

he he :)
Quote:
Originally posted by Berzerker

From spaceflight to learning the A, B, C's? How sad

I sure hope we get someone to play the N Americans on a permanent basis, I don't want my alliance depending on the whims of some sub who wants a fun time screwing with me instead of joining me in conquering the world... (oops, shouldn't have said that). I remember one dip game that fell apart because a sub came in and violated the rules IMO and divided the players as to who was right or wrong and the wronged player quit.

Btw, the Americans and Atlanteans are ahead in technology.
deity has many playgrounds... LOL

Ahead in techs? How do you figure that? You may be but I'm not certain because there are tech gaps to be filled when it suits
Old January 21, 2002, 06:10   #43
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

sorry guys, it was suppossed to be my week at the helm of the mights metal heads but i got busy and forgot. No excuses.

Hopefully Ozzie will return this week

Ozzie>> where did you send that info to ???
Old January 21, 2002, 12:38   #44
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rasputin
Ozzie>> where did you send that info to ???

To your ICQ.

And we are still ahead in tech? Good, I know we had a good edge when I left, but I felt it might have been squandered last session. I should be back next week to lead the Metalheads back to glory.

Old January 21, 2002, 13:07   #45
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

25 BC Map
Royal cartographer Glen Danzing completes his 25 BC survey of the world at the behest of King Winzity.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	25 bc (small).jpg
Views:	117
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	8850  

Old January 21, 2002, 13:13   #46
Frank Johnson
King

Hm, the AI would have made Berz play this game honestly

But still I am looking forward much to continuing this game. It has been very good thus far which only a few glitches concerning NA.
Old January 21, 2002, 19:40   #47
CANNON FODDER
Settler

From the dawn of recorded history, the Carthagians had been a nomadic tribe wandering around the savanna of Africa. Then a great leader, Hasdrubal arose and directed his people to found the city of Carthage on the headwaters of the Nile.

But the African plains were very arid and growth was slow so Hasdrubal directed his son, Hannibal to lead his settlers down the mighty Nile in search of greener pastures. Hasdrubal had heard rumours of the incredibly green and lush plains of Europe and also of the endless steppes of Asia and intended to grow the Carthagian empire in those directions.

However, when Hannibal reached the confluence of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers he found his way blocked by a Ukrainian city. Sorely disappointed, Hannibal sent messangers back to Carthage and awaited instructions from his father Hasdrubal. Hasdrubal directed Hannibal to go west and then north and settle in Europe so Hannibal skirted the shores of the Mediterranean Sea and crossed over the pillars of Hercules to found the city of Malaca
in southern France. Cities were also founded on the southern shores of the Mediterranean...Leptis Parva across the channel from Spain and Utica where the Nile emties into the sea.

Malaca grew and prospered until a Ukranian horse army appearred in the mountains overlooking the city. The Carthaginianians immediately mobilized and horse armies faced off from the fields of France to the waters of Babylon. But no spears or arrows were launched. The wise leader Makeo of the powerful Tenocheon people to the east approached and invited the Carthaginians to form an alliance with himself and the great Ukranian leader Hydey. Makeo told me rumours of great powers already allying both in the mysterious Americas to our west, and the Cantonese and Deiticians forming an alliance to our east.

Hasdrubal accepted the offer of alliance and the borders with the Ukranians were peacefully resolved. Makeo and Hydey offered gifts of knowledge for joining the alliance including the Monarchy form of government. The nobles rebelled against the despot Hasdrubal for wasting resources for the ill advised mobilization and Carthage fell into anarchy.

Hannibal rushed back to Carthage with a horse army and restored order by installing himself as King of the Carthagians. Hannibal then dismantled the horse armies and sent his nobles around the far coasts of Africa to establish new maritime colonies.

Hannibal assured his new allies that there would be no future attempts to colonize in Europe or Asia. But the continent of Africa consists of large areas of desert, arid plains, and impenetrable jungle . Much work lies ahead.
Old January 21, 2002, 20:33   #48
Hydey
Emperor

Years past,2 tribes met, The Ukras and the nians, as was there way the Ukras offered a gift of fermented hops and the mighty Ukranian empire was created. Realizing that new lands where required for growing hops, settlers headed south east and soon found the promised land where wild hops flourished and beer was cheap to make. Soon after a wandering group of africans bumped into our tavern full of drunken warriors and we offered then an allience. Shocking events unfolded as our offer was not only rejected but demands for Ukranian lands where made , war was only prevented due to the Ukranian warriors drunkenness leaving them unable to club the african settlers to death. Still in shock over this incident when a friendly Aztec from India ???? came to our tavern and learning from our previous mistake we first plyed him with beer before offering an allience, before the Aztec had sobered up borders where agreed and techs and maps swapped and thus a mighty allience formed. Years of peaceful growth followed with many settlers unable to find there way home from the tavern forming new towns within our borders. A group of horseman on routine patrol found an african settlement unprotected within our south western borders but rather than crushing it we allowed it to survive , not long after this our Aztec friends informed us of many foriegn peoples who threatened our beer drinking way of life. Together we aproached the Africans and soon common sence prevailed along with many empty kegs and a 3 way allience was formed.
the world was rocked by the cry of "WARMONGER" . Yes the Deitian civilization you now the ones who don't drink and believe in only one false God had started spreading false rumours again. Ukranian people demanded action and a peacekeeping force of elephants was sent to the far east beyond our Axtec allies borders and a friendly yet poorly defended civilization (the cantonese) where found, our peacefull intentions where conveyed but still many defencive units where rushed by the Cantonese, this pleased the Ukranians as now our new peacefull friends would be safe from those evil Deitians.

The Ukranian people wish to spread the word of beer worship around the world but fear others have evil plans ahead.

Old January 22, 2002, 15:47   #49
Prometheus
Warlord

Game sounds interesting so far, if I ever get my computer’s internet to work, I would be up for a sub occasionally. Anyway I plan to watch with interest. By the way always be wary of the Aussies and their Dietician culture.

Hey, Oz, still up for the Multi-Player D.C. get together? Anyway if you want to grab a drink or something sometime just give me an e-mail. (at0633a@american.edu )
Old January 23, 2002, 01:49   #50
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Well... I'm really interested in this game, and I really want to help the Metalheads catch up again after last week. But it seems the North American drama isn't over yet. I warned of my impending social life, and I may have a political function/party/date type thing going on this Saturday night.

Which means no computer games for the Oz-man.

Raz, can you play? And show up this time?

Old January 23, 2002, 06:14   #51
deity
Emperor

Thanks to Winzity!
I'd like to thank Winzity for subbing as the Atlanteans at the last minute and doing what appears to be a fair job.

Remember, this game has unusual rules and it's up to all of us to brief subs - particularly if you are allied.

If Raz and ozzy continue not to show I know Winzity is interested in playing on so I suggest Berz talks to him anyway, before the game....
Old January 23, 2002, 06:17   #52
deity
Emperor

Hey Prom!
Quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus
Game sounds interesting so far, if I ever get my computer’s internet to work, I would be up for a sub occasionally. Anyway I plan to watch with interest. By the way always be wary of the Aussies and their Dietician culture.

Hey, Oz, still up for the Multi-Player D.C. get together? Anyway if you want to grab a drink or something sometime just give me an e-mail. (at0633a@american.edu )
Dietician culture??

DEITIAN, if you please... and I seem to remember you benefiting rather a lot from his kulcha
Old January 23, 2002, 07:12   #53
Hydey
Emperor

I think Dietician culture sounds better

Old January 24, 2002, 15:09   #54
CANNON FODDER
Settler

For many centuries now, the Carthagian people have struggled to grow their cities on the coasts of Africa. Fields have been plowed, crops sown, mines dug, and a vast road network is being developed. But the Carthaginian people grow tired of their poverty and self sacrifice. While King Hannibal grows rich, the people gaze longingly at their neighbors who are growing wealthy with a new form of government, Republic. And now strange and exotic caravans approach from our allies bearing luxuries and rich cargoes.

By 50 BC the people have had enough poverty (and they know that next turn is an Oedo year) so they depose King Hannibal . Anarchy now rules the streets of Carthage. Who will emerge to lead the country forward???
Old January 28, 2002, 06:38   #55
deity
Emperor

Thar be tricksters in this game:")
he he

And the ruler of the Carts is.... da daa.. Nappy!

err I mean Scipio

But let's have some fun here?

Cannon Fodder is possibly Nappy or someone else we know! He's admitted that he'll keep me guessing for a while but my serious money is on him being Nappy!!! LOL

Tourney winner 2000, Best player around.... and he's allied with Makeo and Hydey!! My God, my dear deity don't desert me in my hour of need...

I'll post my game story later but it's around 600AD. Captain Deiticus was first to Democracy (proclaimed in AD300, oedo year) and Sanitation as well, I think. By session end Makeo just pipped me for el Supremo with over 2 million poor blighters under his control. When will the Carts make a move? What about those evil Hydeyshans? And Dangime and Berzerker too, master of the WLTPD... Winzity has taken over the Metalheads and is the only one with a decent army - watch him!

For readers of this thread and not in the game it is a very interesting challenge worked out by Dangime:
NEED AQUEDUCTS by Size 4
NEED SEWER by Size 8

We all have between 11 and 14 cities and all land is nearly gone. On the pg we are all very close actually.

I think it's a great and quick game - no one has complained about my turn lengths which are quicker than some of the others!!

So good in fact we played SIX HOURS straight yesterday
Old January 28, 2002, 21:41   #56
Frank Johnson
King

I must admit I think things are working out well as far as the quality of the game is concearned! (Good thing we avoided the worse riot factor, its not needed at all.) I'd say we have some of the best players in all of civ2 right here, and certainly the best diplo gamers, in a single evenly matched forum...I think my world map design has alot to do with it besides the fact we are all skilled players and determined not to fall behind! I look forward to many more sessions like the last one !

Anyway on with the show......

The Cantonese people felt more at home in the world community as the centuries passed. Two additional colonies were added in the northern frontier to the already impressive collection in the northern empire. Meanwhile in the south, a cultural explosion was taking place. Fueled by foreign trade, the shift to the freer democratic form of government, and vast aquaduct networks, the southern empire experienced an unpresidented period of growth. As a result the Cantonese empire became known for its sizable population, and often greatest production amongst all nations. Cantonese scientists completed serveral advancements which have added to the quality of the average citizen's life. After more years had past Lord Dangime had the fortune to aquire a so called, "map of the world". The high scholars had their doubts, but later this map was confirmed by a tribe from the far north called the Atlantians. They claimed to have sailed from the far away contients and spoke of their homeland. Soon after officals from their government arrived to setup relations, and the Cantonese and Atlantians were pleased to strike up an alliance for the two peoples. Afterwards the tribesmen disappeared into the darkness of the artic rim.

The future for the Cantonese people is bright, the stars see a pleasent path for the peacful Cantonese.
Old January 29, 2002, 00:47   #57
CANNON FODDER
Settler

The Carthaginians selected a new form of government, Republic, in the year 25 B.C. and elected Scipio Africanus as their first consul. Scipio Africanus decided to build up the Carthaginian economy by embarking on an ambitious program of caravan production. Trade routes were established over land to Europe, by way of the historic Silk Road to central Asia, and by sea to the islands of the Far East.

Scipio Africanus decided to establish a system of marketplaces in every city to properly disseminate the horde of luxuries and goods that were now arriving in Carthage. The Carthaginians prospered for many centuries, and when the system of marketplaces was complete Scipio Africanus decided that his people were ready for a true democratic form of government.

In 620 A.D., Carthage became a Democracy, and elected Scipio Africanus as their first president. President Hydey, of the Ukranians, sent his congratulations along with 2 caravans loaded with beer to Carthage to commemerate the occasion. After getting the entire population intoxicated, the Carthaginian Senate decreed that every day would be a We Love President Scipio Africanus Day until the beer ran out. The population of Carthage promises to increase dramatically while the partying continues.

On another note, a strange ship called a Caravel appeared off our shores in 620 A.D.. The ship carried people called "Americans", and they appear to have a vast lead on us in naval technology. We wish to let the Americans know that their caravans are welcome in Carthage, and we are now resolved to push our researchers and naval architects so that we may develop our own "Caravels".
Old January 29, 2002, 02:03   #58
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by OzzyKP

To your ICQ.

And we are still ahead in tech? Good, I know we had a good edge when I left, but I felt it might have been squandered last session. I should be back next week to lead the Metalheads back to glory.
never got it ozzy.!!! please check my icq number it has changed
Old January 29, 2002, 02:14   #59
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Well I have ceded my right to play to Winzity, its upto Ozzy whether he wants to continue or let win paly all sessions.
Old January 29, 2002, 06:46   #60
Hydey
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rasputin
Well I have ceded my right to play to Winzity,
No Raz