Old April 16, 2002, 20:17   #301
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 20:06
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Above Regent is Monarch. I'd vote either for a Monarch game or for an Emperor game. Industrious is a good trait. Since we are atheists, religious is out. As well as Temples, Cathedrals, the Sistine and Bachs. Sounds difficult , but who cares. Since Atheists are often scientists, what about scientific+industrious? That would be Persia. Why not?
Old April 16, 2002, 22:27   #302
Giovanni August
Warlord

Location: Torino (Turin) Piemonte ITALY / Augusta Taurinorum - Sub Alpes Italia
Persia sounds good to me.
The Immortal is an excellent UU if used the right way, and the speedy worker for Industrios civ is very useful.

I like this idea of the "Atheist"... it will be hard not to have the Sistene Chapel.... It is a must have wonder for me, i find it too useful for my games.... It will be interesting to see how it turns around without it.

Since we are Atheist should we build Temples and Cathedrals??
I guess not.... sounds really hard.

Monarch sounds good to me... Emperor IMHO may be a little bit too hard if we are going to be Atheist.

Saluti
Old April 16, 2002, 23:18   #303
JMarks
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 19:06
Hmmm, as far as atheism goes, America would be better. lol Anyway, Persia sounds good. I'll get my part of the story going tomorrow. Plus I won't actually be able to play in any games untill school is out, I don't want to royally screw up, even if I get to be a Monarch.
Old April 17, 2002, 12:39   #304
beno
Civilization III Democracy GameMac
Chieftain

glad to hear you lot are cracking on with something new. sorry you couldn't finish your last game - as I said before, many threads ago, it kept me going while I was waiting for my copy of CIV3 to arrive. That was about a month ago and I'm a commited beginner - spending too many hours in front of the screen (arrgh my eyes). Keep up the good stuff.
Old April 17, 2002, 17:27   #305
FNBrown
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 11:06
I haven't read "The Morons" thread, but I dunno if I'd want to do "The Atheists." Not to thump my Bible or anything, but I'd have a hard time with subscribing to that...

As for the ending, I'll probably write my bit as something tragically comical...
Old April 19, 2002, 15:34   #306
Giovanni August
Warlord

Location: Torino (Turin) Piemonte ITALY / Augusta Taurinorum - Sub Alpes Italia
Ok FNBrown!
I'm curios to see what are you gonna write, you are the master

EDIT: Forgot to say "Saluti" at the end

Saluti
Old April 22, 2002, 23:37   #307
JMarks
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Sorry this is late...
Markos returned to his appartment. He had enough of the modern french 'culture'. They were no better than those Americans they conquered.

He turned to his room mate, Brown (FN), 'I went down to the restaurant and they didn't have any cow tongues in stock! Can you believe that?'

'Yes, in fact this is the hundredth time you tried doing that, and at a Burger Queen to boot. Just give up, no one eats cow tongues anymore.'

'But they're a national delicacy! I didn't come a thousand miles to return to a degenerate culture. My great great great grandfather would be turning in his grave!'

'Well, you don't have to stay.'

'Hmmm, your right, I've learned all I can at these silly Universities. Mabey I should do something extrodinary with it.'

'Yeah, you do that, and I'll run France,' he said sarcasticly in a swifty.

'If this things real, mabey.' Markos tossed the arcaic lottery ticket onto his room mate's bed and walked out, never to be seen again. Brown looked at the ticket, and recalled a headline from yesterday's paper. Satan Buys Snow Jacket Mabey, just mabey...

Markos left for his island to the south east. He would do wonders there. There was no room left in this world for a people who enjoyed cow tongue, so, why not leave this world altogether?

--Six Months Later--

He'd done it. He built a spaceship for all one thousand of his people. They would leave this polluted, cow tongue hating world behind. 'Let them bomb themselves, we've got the stars.'

Soon everyone was onboard, and Markos was the last on. He looked out the window. 'Sure hope this works...' But now was not the time to start thinking of the fact that no one had ever actually launched a rocket bigger than a traincar before. Especially not one shaped like a giant fish...

The countdown, well, counted down, and the launch proceeded. 3...2...1... LIFTOFF!!!

Nothing happened.

'Lets try this again.'

3...2...1... LIFTOFF!!! And the magnificant fish rose magesticly from the tiny island it had called home. Soon the fish flammed through the sky, leaving a smoke trail that said to all that remained earth bound 'WARE THE FISH!!!' And they left for their new cow tongue enjoying homes in Alpha Centauri.

---
FN Brown, your turn to take the French story.