Old January 9, 2002, 12:52   #1
Lomansik
Settler

Local Time: 19:07
Local Date: October 31, 2010
How can I use Monachy?
ok,

First, other civs are in awe of my culture, i'm tech advanced but my military is average. Why can't I use republic or monarchy without having civil disorders all the time?

And second, wich one is the best?

Thanks
Old January 9, 2002, 13:34   #2
henry296
Settler

Local Time: 14:07
Civil Disorder is caused by unhappy citizens. Try to acquire more luxuries via trade or build Temples, Colloseums, and Cathedrals.

Todd
Old January 9, 2002, 15:27   #3
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 15:07
What Henry said. Also, in my opinion, Republic is much better, and Democracy is the best, unless you're at war... then Republic can be better.

Also, you can go to the F1 advisor screen and allocate some of your budget to entertainment spending. There is a slider bar, and you can choose what % you want to spend on entertainment, in 10% increments.

If you are at war, certain governments will suffer from war weariness after a while (republic & demo - demo in particular). Be aware of this. If you're gonna fight, make sure you conquer some new luxuries to keep your people happy, and to trade with others for even more luxuries.

Oh! I almost forgot. Build marketplaces. Without them, each type of luxury gives you 1 happy face. However, with a market, only the first two luxuries do that. The second two give two happy faces each, then 3 for the next two, and finally luxuries numbers 7 and 8 give 4 each. That's a lot of happiness.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old January 9, 2002, 16:42   #4
optimus2861
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:07
If you've been doing a lot of Despot pop-rushing, that might be carrying over into your transitions to Monarcy/Republic. You'll have to give it time to fade away completely. In the meantime, luxuries, temples, cathedrals, or allotting some of your budget to entertainment should shut the whiners up .

I find Monarchy is useful as a "fall-back" from Republic if war weariness is catching up to you and you've got cash in the bank for rush-builds (cash is not very useful under Despotism except in diplomacy). The military police make keeping control easier, though of course you do sacrifice lots of income. The corruption rate doesn't seem very different, either. Helps to be a Religious civ - switch to Monarchy, beat up your enemy, back to Republic - no war weariness
"If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown