Old January 12, 2002, 09:50   #1
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Possible Solution for AI Cities that invade your soon to be territory
In every game of Civ 3 I have played, I have been plagued by the AI building cities in my soon to be territory. At first, I would just conquer them, and then eventually the rest of the world, but I found myself wanting to play the game as a peaceful leader instead of a war monger. Anyways to make a long story short, I have found an alternative to getting rid of those pesky AI cities.

In the negotiation screen, you can view active treaties. If it has been over 20 turns, you can renegotiate peace. When the AI starts building those annoying little cities in my swiss cheesed territory, I renegotiate peace, and put in the city(s) that are in my territory as part of the treaty. Sometimes I have to pay 70 or 80 gold, but by that stage of the game, I'm making 300-400 per turn. So it's no skin off my back.

If I can't renegotiate peace, I simply wait until I can, or rush temples and libraries in the surrounding cities so I can assimilate the AI cities. It sucks to have to wait for this, but in the end, it is worth the aggravation.
Old January 12, 2002, 10:52   #2
Manstein3
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The problem with the AI's city founding all and everywhere is much sounder you put it. If it were only as you tell it, civ III would be well balanced (buy the city or culturally absorb it).
someone here told about playing the world map, and sibiria was a patchwork of all nations of many many cities with only one or two pop and not linked to each other. complete nonsense due to oversimplified AI 'strategy'.
We discuss some mod-changes to stop the infamous city founding in the general forum, thread 'sth. aginst AI's constant city founding'.
Have a look!