Old March 1, 2002, 21:39   #361
winterfritz
Prince

Local Time: 19:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Le Monde
Nothing much happening
Despite the tumultous events which have changed the Continent overnight, and frenzied negotiations taking place to ascertain France's new place on the European stage, nothing much continued to happen in France itself.

Industrialization is proceeding well, and the Second Army in Spain is preparing for a drive into the interior.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1901nov.net (203.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by winterfritz; March 1, 2002 at 22:01.
Old March 1, 2002, 21:57   #362
winterfritz
Prince

This seems to be the partition we're all agreed on. So Soundwave, on your turn, make sure you evacuate all those cities not inside the grey line, so Russia, Italy, Britain and France can occupy their shares.

BTW JamesJKirk, you'd better evacuate Arnhem and Dortmund as well, so France can move in there too. Apparentely handing them over online doesn't work

10 brand new cities for me... its like christmas
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	germany4.gif
Views:	201
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	10733  
Old March 1, 2002, 23:44   #363
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 14:15
Winterfritz: What is that thick green line? The one by split and west of Leipzig...
Old March 2, 2002, 00:00   #364
winterfritz
Prince

That thick green line is where I erased some errors

Its meant to be a grassland colour, just ignore it.
Old March 2, 2002, 00:47   #365
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 11:15
Before Soundwave's turn, we should have him host a joint game, along with all people who are getting territory from him, and split it up that way, rather than have all those buildings and population be destroyed by occupying all those cities forcefully. It's not very hard to do, winterfritz and soundwave's problem was that they didn't have the scenario in the same directory. We should all move the scenario to civs/scenario/aow
It doesn't matter what directory civ2's in, so long as all the directories below civ 2 are the same.

After we're done, Soundwave should save the game, quit civ2 and then open it up just as he would normally for a pbem.
Old March 2, 2002, 01:01   #366
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 05:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Sounds workable... (Me, Fritz and Soundwave all live in roughly the same timezone).

Could you please post a detailed description of how to get such a game going within the limits of a MP game being played as a PBEM game?
Old March 2, 2002, 01:02   #367
Soundwave
Prince

Local Time: 07:15
So whens this, we all have different times... and the Adartic Fleet will be given to the Italians. The High Seas Fleet will be given to Russia/Birtian/France. The other conscripts will be disbanded! And industrial complex's will be left alone.
Anything else?
Old March 2, 2002, 01:03   #368
Soundwave
Prince

Write down a check list for us to do it, i can do this tomorrow or the next day!?
Old March 2, 2002, 01:25   #369
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Okay, Soundwave should host the game, as it's his turn, and everything revolves around him.

Soundwave: You load the savegame just like normal, except when you get to the part where it shows your IP address, you copy it and gives it to us all. Then when you gets to the screen that says "Waiting for Players" you wait.

Everyone else: What we all do is we start off the same, clicking on Multiplayer, and then Internet game, but instead of choosing "Load a Saved Multiplayer Game" we choose "Join a Multiplayer game." We enter Soundwaves IP address and then we pick our civ and then there'll be a screen that says "waiting for players".

Soundwave again: Once we're all there and listed in the "waiting for players" click start game, and before long we should all see the map.

I'd like to make a rule that we don't move any units at this point, since it's really a between-turn sort of operation. Soundwave should initiate dialogue with each of us, as he would in a standard game, and then once in the chat, he can choose to give cities.

Now, the units in each of the cities will also switch over. Although I'm in favor of each civ keeping the defensive units from Germany in the cities they receive, I'm also willing to discuss using the "honor code" so that the recipients of the cities will disband the units and convert them to production. Although I'd still like to make it clear I'd prefer the first option. I'm even willing to set a limit on how many units per city we each receive.

One exception to the unit moving rule would be to have Soundwave move the navies he's giving into cities before he turns them over to a player, and in the case of France and myself, I'd like to move any units I might have out of the cities I'm giving France before I give them to him.

So, as you can see, almost everything we do can be done by chatting with each other in the game. We should probably pick an order that each of us will deal with Soundwave, and I don't see why that can't be in the same order as the regular turn order.

Once all the negotiations are done, Soundwave should save the game, and we should leave, although since Soundwave's the host, he should leave last, and he should make sure to save the game before anyone leaves, or the computer will take over their turn.

If I haven't been clear on anything, I'll do my best to clear it up. I'm not sure about which timezone ANZAC's in, but I'm in US Pacific Standard Time, which is GMT -800. So it looks like I'm between 18 and 20 hours difference with all of you, except ANZAC. This should actually make it relatively easy, since for all practical purposes we're only between 4 and 6 hours off, which should make it fairly easy to work out a time that works for all of us.

Last edited by JamesJKirk; May 19, 2004 at 01:55.
Old March 2, 2002, 03:37   #370
Case
Emperor

OK. Thanks Kirk - that seems clear.

Tommorows a sunday for us Australasians, and a saturday for you Americans so that should simplify things

According to my atlas:
Me and Fritz are GMT +11 (including saylight saving)
Soundwave is GMT +13(?) (including daylight saving)
You are GMT -8
ANZAC is GMT -5 (US East Coast Time)

Me, Soundwave ANZAC and Fritz were online at roughly the same time at about 2pm Australian East Coast Summer Time, so I guess that that time would prove suitable tomorrow...

My head hurts trying to figure out what time that is in North America though

BTW, El, could you please send Soundwave your password ASAP
Old March 2, 2002, 03:51   #371
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Okay, so that's 19 hours difference btwn our times, so 2pm your time would be 8pm on the previous day for me. Manoman is that confusing, but that should work out, so shall we schedule ourselves for that time tomorrow (mine and ANZAC's saturday, the rest of your's sunday)?
Old March 2, 2002, 05:08   #372
winterfritz
Prince

Sounds good. 2pm tomorrow my time is 3am in GMT, which is what the clocks here at the forum show (if that helps.)
Old March 2, 2002, 07:29   #373
Case
Emperor

I'm not 100% sure on this whole time zone business...
OK, I've just done some checking, and at 10 PM here its 6 AM on the US east coast.

Therefore, at 2 PM tommorrow here it will be:

10 PM on the US East Coast
7(??) PM on the US West Coast
4 PM in New Zealand

Could someone else please double check my calculations?

Assuming that my estimates are correct, Are those times OK with everybody?
Old March 2, 2002, 09:52   #374
The ANZAC
King

For the times: Your estimates are somewhat off. When did you get on MSN Messenger? I saw you pop-up last night on MSN messenger at around 10:50 PM.

I think your estimates for the East coast are off. East Coast USA is GMT -5:00. Case, it says on Apolyton you are at GMT +10:00 (East Coast Australian) I think something got mixed up because of when I saw you on MSN Messenger and then dealing with daylight savings.

Also I still don't understand how we can peacefully hand over cities if the scenarios are in the same directory? I thought there just was no option to do that in Civ2?

Last edited by The ANZAC; March 2, 2002 at 10:03.
Old March 2, 2002, 15:26   #375
Soundwave
Prince

So what are we doing?

I''m in daylight savings now!? So +1 hour???

Anyway i cant get in contact with El, so we might have to hold the whole thing! So there, anyone, know how to get in contact we him, hehe maybe ring him and tell him to get his ass on here!!
Old March 2, 2002, 15:40   #376
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Case- yeah, the calculation I did in my head was an hour off, it turns out that 12 - 5 = 7 instead of 8?!
Anyway, 7 works for me, that is if we can get the pass from El Awrence

ANZAC- in the realtime multiplayer, there's an option in negotiations to give a city to someone, which is why this is the best course of action.

Okay, so's our "date" tenatively set for 100 (am) GMT?
Old March 2, 2002, 19:21   #377
Soundwave
Prince

So wheres El??

Old March 2, 2002, 20:35   #378
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
For the times: Your estimates are somewhat off. When did you get on MSN Messenger?
I worked out my estimate though the very scientific method of looking at my watch and noting the local time, then going to www.nytimes.com and noting the New York Time, then adding 16 hours to both times

See you at 2 PM!
Old March 2, 2002, 23:11   #379
The ANZAC
King

Well, let's hope El pulls through
Old March 4, 2002, 06:09   #380
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 21:15
Hi guys,

I'm not really involved in this "city trade" business, but I want to give my opinion again on this (don't know whether it matters, but anyway here it is ) :

1) victors getting cities from the "loser" (I'm not talking about you, El, only Germany ) : perfectly normal !!!

2) trading the cities online so that nothing in them gets destroyed: well, ok, I don't mind

3) transfering navies to the victors: well, I don't like it too much (that 100% are transfered, without any loss), but as I can find some historical precedents for that kind of transfer, I must admit it's alright...

4) transfering armies: NO !!! sorry guys, but I have a problem with that (but it seems that there won't be any, or at least I hope it's what I read...).

My opinion on this might be "slightly" biased by my "egoism" as I'm not getting anything from this (which is only fair, as I didn't take part in the events that lead to it), but I really think that the german ARMIES have to be disbanded where there are (if they are in cities, fine for the production, if not... too bad!!), except for those from the cities staying in austrian hands (and no transfer from armies to that cities, too!!).

I might not having made many friends with that post...
Old March 4, 2002, 06:16   #381
Soundwave
Prince

Austria Federation Created

In a long and brutal meeting behind closed doors, in Berlin a Treaty was drawn up for the Occupation of Germany. As they say to the victors goes the spoils.

1. Austria is to remain neutral and have no alliances, bar the Ottoman Empire as is in the same boat as Austria, small and undeveolped.

2.Austria is to have no offensive warships.

(i have no idea of anymore)

Second Reich Destroyed

In the delegation room, the Members of the Entente told President von Falkhayen that he had to dismember the Second Riech, byself and hand over vast amouts of terroity to the Entente. As he did this he was also told, the old Kraiser, will be brought to justice in a 'war crimes tribual', all the President had to say was that he did not know where he was and hoped he was enjoying his 'new life'.

Also the President demand all Austrian Consripts disband in occupied terriotys, if the victors do not do this in 2 turns they will face consequences from the League of Nations.
(i agree with cyrion)

Entente Disbanded

After the Defeat of Germany and the creation of the Austrian Federaton, the Entente has disbanded for the reason it was created was to contain Germany, since there is no Germany, there is no Entente... As this settles in the dipolmacy ace's run round Europe trying to stabilize the Situation.

-----------------------

what happened to the forum for so long?
Old March 4, 2002, 06:39   #382
Soundwave
Prince

i forgot.... cyrion heres my turn!

Enjoy... Cyrion do you have MSN i need to talk to you! ANd i hate e0mailing all the time!
Attached Files:
File Type: net austria1901nov.net (203.3 KB, 3 views)
Old March 4, 2002, 18:49   #383
Case
Emperor

La Republica
Treaty of Constantinople Signed

In a meeting held today in Constantinople, the Italian and Ottoman foreign ministers have drawn up the following agreements between their nations:

1. Italy and Turkey have signed a non-agression pact
2. Turkey has agreed to cede the city of Tirane in exchange for an Italian warship and freighter
3. Italy and Turkey have agreed to exchange several technologies, to the mutual benefit of both parties.
Old March 4, 2002, 19:06   #384
Cyrion
King

Many moves in the Empire
The year has been rich in negociations for the Ottoman Empire, but the Vizier is still preparing the Sultan's public declaration...

Here is the save...
Attached Files:
File Type: net turk_1901nov.net (203.3 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Cyrion; March 5, 2002 at 05:45.
Old March 4, 2002, 19:36   #385
The ANZAC
King

Moscow Courier
Official News: The Treaty of Berlin has been signed!

As said by Austrian papers, the Treaty of Berlin has been signed! It splits Germany into three sections: Greater Rhineland to be controlled by the French, Hannover-Westphalia and Denmark are to be under British rule, Dalmatia has been annexed by Italy, and the Duchy of Prussia with Berlin as its capital has been incorporated into the Russian Empire. The treaty also allows for an Austrian nation, which is currently on its way.
Old March 5, 2002, 00:11   #386
Case
Emperor

La Republica (Special Supplement)
In co-operation with the expert cartographers at Bologna University, La Republica is proud to present a map of Europe as it stands following the treaties of Berlin and Constantinople.

Note: areas claimed, but not occupied by a nation are shown as shaded.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	nov01map.gif
Views:	100
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	10866  
Old March 5, 2002, 05:44   #387
Cyrion
King

Ottoman Empire welcomes Austria
The Sultan Himself adressed the turkish and international press in Topkapi Palace today to welcome the Austrian Nation!! His Magnificence then announced that a formal Alliance was being signed between the Ottoman Empire and Austria.

This Alliance is the crowning of decades of friendship between the 2 nations!

To further give concrete expression to these strengthened ties, a new railway will be built between Istanbul and Vienna; the work will begin in Spring and workers from the whole Empire are expected to take part in this awesome project that will mark the beginning of a new era for both Austria an Turkey!

The Sultan then announced that the long term negociations with Italy and King Case Himself were at last succesful and confirmed the news that had appeared in the italian press:

1) the quarrelsome Albanians from the city of Tirane have been transfered to the Italian Kingdom to which we wish good luck with them...

2) in exchange for this city, the Italian Kingdom ceded what will be the core of the new Ottoman navy

3) a scientific congress took place in Thessaloniki with attendants from both nations; the ideas shared on this occasion will certainly be beneficial for all

4) a non-agression pact was signed between Italy and the Ottoman Empire
Old March 5, 2002, 18:17   #388
The ANZAC
King

Moscow Courier
Empire up in Arms!!!

Protesters have been demonstrating against the Austro-Turkish alliance. Als the Russian Empire has demanded that it be ended immediately, as this violates the Austrian Neutrality clause of the Treaty of Berlin.

OOC: Kirk, it's your turn
Old March 5, 2002, 18:31   #389
Soundwave
Prince

Alliance Cancelled

The Austro-Turkish Alliance cancelled, seems the Austro-Ottoman delegation did not know this was in breach of neutrality and cancell the Alliance immetaitly as soon as the Russian Ambassor Told President von Falkhayen

Last edited by Soundwave; March 5, 2002 at 18:39.
Old March 6, 2002, 01:27   #390
winterfritz
Prince

Heres an updated player list, to reflect all the rearrangements:

Russians - The ANZAC - theanzac@optonline.com
Italians - Case - nick_dowling@hotmail.com
French - Winterfritz - winterfritz_21@yahoo.com
Austrians - Soundwave- seanie_babes@hotmail.com
Turks - Cyrion - vfrache@hotmail.com
British - JamesJKirk - JamesJKirk@aol.com