Old March 13, 2002, 21:16   #421
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 14:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Moscow Courier
As for aggression: it was more than justified. One the disbanding of churches and cathedrals caused me many problems and took away property that was rightfully mine.

Also, no one has addressed that Soundwave kept some of the German Army!! In my offensive I met an artillery unit, strictly prohibited by the Treaty of Berlin. I have a full roster of the units Sounwave kept from the German Army: 3 artillery 2 cavalry and about 9 extra conscripts. Any violation of the treaty is to be met with force and enforced. So I am carrying that out.

------------

BTW Soundwave, you know how your country is called Austro-Hungary, now it's Hungary
Old March 13, 2002, 21:40   #422
Soundwave
Prince

Local Time: 07:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
"AH!!"

That was the Offical Statement of the Goverment, even though no-one knows where they are LOL!!
Old March 15, 2002, 01:59   #423
winterfritz
Prince

Local Time: 19:15
My turn. No time for a big newspaper article - but then again, nothing much actually happening in France.

BTW, I'm going away this weekend: I'll be back Sunday evening, Australian time. Sorry for any inconvenience

Statement to the Tsar: Austria's retention of the German Army is indeed a serious issue, but France reiterates that this should have been discussed in an international forum, rather than crudely solved by having the Russians destroy the units in question.

A French delegation has been sent to Malta following the British Prime Minister's excellent suggestion.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1902mar.net (203.3 KB, 4 views)
Old March 15, 2002, 04:26   #424
Soundwave
Prince

The Austrians Seeing there position hopeless, has asked The Ex-British President Sean Richards to step in and organize a peaceful tansition to peace.

"the Austrians have offered to give up their land, miltary and titles to who-ever wants the Land and Industry. Although this offer does not include the Italians or Russians ( ), in the offer... there for the offer goes to the Mighty British Empire, or the Great French Third Republic... or even the decaying Ottoman Empire"

BTW- Email me if you want it Winterfritz, Cyrion or Jamesjkirk... its all intact and all there... oh i built my second art! in the whole time Austria was there so you get that, 1 engineer, 1 art and 14 conscripts....

Anzac and Case for your betrall you get nothing, except the cities you got in the attacking turn.. I invented the Austian Idea, I can destroy it however I want, so lodge your complaints they will fall on deaf ears.
Old March 15, 2002, 09:33   #425
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Moscow Courier
Russians Outraged!

This is complete breach of our security. If the Austria cities are handed over, Lemberg will be sitting in the middle of Russian territory and the cities that are scattered about in pockets will make it impossible to govern them. Also there are only two major cities left and they are all cut off from the outside.

Anyone who accepts this offer will still have to face an offensive in Austria, but not against their homeland. As it has been said before, Russia does not want a conflict with France, Britain, and the Ottoman Empire.
Old March 15, 2002, 14:06   #426
Soundwave
Prince

You have Lemberg, and if the Russia dont want war, they will let peace continue
Old March 15, 2002, 18:08   #427
The ANZAC
King

What lies do you tell, Soundwave? I don't hold Lemberg at all Peace will only be achieved when Austria is dismembered.
Old March 15, 2002, 22:42   #428
Case
Emperor

Local Time: 05:15
La Republica
Foreign Minister warns Britain, France and Turkey

The Italian Foreign Minister today warned the British, French and Turkish governments not to intervene in the Italian sphere of interest in the Balkans.
The minsiter stated that "The land west of the Danube, and especially the cities of Sarajevo, Zagreb and Graz, are vital to Italy's military and economic security. As a result, their seizure by any other nation will be an issue of great concern to the Italian people and government".

Later in the speech the Minister expressed his hope that Britain, France and Turkey wouldn't fall for Austria's Machiavellian tactics, and that they would leave the treacherous Austrians to their well deserved fate.
Old March 15, 2002, 22:49   #429
Soundwave
Prince

Re: La Republica
Quote:
Originally posted by Case

Later in the speech the Minister expressed his hope that Britain, France and Turkey wouldn't fall for Austria's Machiavellian tactics, and that they would leave the treacherous Austrians to their well deserved fate.
What plans?

LOl when did i get so evil LOL!
Old March 16, 2002, 00:28   #430
The ANZAC
King

Re: Re: La Republica
Quote:
Originally posted by Soundwave

What plans?

LOl when did i get so evil LOL!
Sorry, you're just evil and you can't handle the truth!
Old March 16, 2002, 04:47   #431
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 21:15
The Sultan was REALLY offended by the Italian so-called "warning": the Ottoman Empire has signed a non-agression pact with Italy and has NEVER been known for breaking his word!!

So we won't accept that our reputation is dirtied by ridiculous public declarations from foreign nations !!!

As for the Italian possession of the cities west of the Danube, we strongly believe it's not something Italy has a right to decide alone, but rather that it should be discussed in an international comitee, as proposed by PM Kirk!!
Old March 16, 2002, 15:20   #432
Soundwave
Prince

Wheres Jamesjkirk??
Old March 16, 2002, 15:31   #433
Soundwave
Prince

Tomorrow i'm going away for a week, so Anazc will take my turns.. okies, and i agree will an easter break, coz i'll be working my butt off for time and half money!

BTW the other PBEMs not this one, but i will pop in from time to time

Last edited by Soundwave; March 16, 2002 at 15:58.
Old March 16, 2002, 15:46   #434
Soundwave
Prince

Another Age of War is at an End....
Attached Files:
File Type: net austria1902mar.net (203.4 KB, 3 views)
Old March 16, 2002, 15:56   #435
Soundwave
Prince

Austria Surrenders To Russia

As politicans bartered over saving the interests and the country of Austria, the men of the 3rd Infantry corps got into their best dress and prepared to go over the top in old miltary fashion with courage, they looked out and saw Italians swarming for the Trisente foothills, as they saw this and their country being destroyed by politicans, they made ready with rifle and sharpened steel and charged... after a bloody hand to hand combat, the Austrians returned back to base and told of no Itlalian surviours, as the did this they heard word of the Austrian Surrender with that the laid down the arms to the Russian Miltary Forces and were proud, coz right to the finish they were still fighting for there freedom, and had disgust in the back of their minds of how Britian, France and even the Ottoman Empire one of their closest friends didn't even help. But as the Austrians 3 Intantry Corps marched along the road to prison camp, the Russian Commander stopped them, and said he had seen the bravery and they are all to join the New Russian Empire, he told them how they needed soldiers like you, with this honour they had earned and the undieing hatred to the Italians the Men of the 3rd Infantry Corps truged back to the foothills and sat back in the postition ready to take on another Italian Assualt.

Thank you for letting me play this scenario, it was a real honour for me.

Last edited by Soundwave; March 16, 2002 at 16:02.
Old March 16, 2002, 17:53   #436
The ANZAC
King

Moscow Courier
Austria Capitulates!

After heavy fighting, Austra-Hungary has surrendered to the Russian Empire and let themselves become a protectorate as agreed to earlier. All Austrian troops will be allowed back to their homes and will become Russian citizens. Russia will give Italy the cities in their sphere of influence at anytime of their convience.

--------------

Thank You Soundwave
Old March 16, 2002, 23:18   #437
Case
Emperor

La Republica
Victory!

Citizens take to the streets in celebration

Relieved that predictions of a long and bloody war have been proved wrong, the citizens of Italy are currently celebrating a great victory. At street parties across the nation toasts have been drunk to King Case and Tsar Anzakov.

Government Accepts Austrian Surrender

The Italian cabinet today ratified the surrender terms negotiated between the Austrians and Russians. It is understood that the Russians will transfer the cities of Sarajevo, Zagreb, Graz and one more city to Italy as soon as soon as possible.

Armed Forces Demobalise

Now that the main threat to the secrurity of Italy has been defeated once and for all the government has anounced it's intention to demobalise all reserves. In addition, future conscripts will serve only 9 months in the military, down on the current service lenght of 12 months.

In other news:

Ambassador to Turkey Issues Clarification

The Italian Ambassador to Turkey has met with the Turkish Foreign minister in an attempt to preserve friendly relations between the two nations. It is understood that the Ambassador emphasised that the Italian government's earlier statement was merely a warning to Turkey that intervening in the Austrian war in any way would be seen as an agressive action.

The Ambassador assured the Turkish minister that at no time did the Italian government belive that a nation as honorable as Turkey would deliberatly attack Italy, and that the statement was issued to prevent an an accidental war from breaking out.

Last edited by Case; March 16, 2002 at 23:26.
Old March 16, 2002, 23:28   #438
Soundwave
Prince

The ex Austrian Goverment wants to make it clear, we surendered to the Russians, not the Italians if we were against them alone, we would have won!

Also, We inflicted heavy caluties on the Italians for 1 infantry corps of ours... but now we may live in peace with our Russian masters
Old March 17, 2002, 00:56   #439
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 11:15
Kirk Relieved at Peace
Provisional PM Kirk today said that upon hearing of the Austrian settlement that he "sighed in relief for the entire world." While he made clear he had mixed feelings over the way peace came about, "peace is still peace," he said. All nations are still invited to Malta to discuss methods to make certain that Europe does not again succumb to the flames of war, for what would be the umpteenth time already in this newborn century.
Old March 17, 2002, 03:09   #440
winterfritz
Prince

Certain ministers in the French government have hinted that the Third Republic will accept the new peace in Central Europe if France recieves Regensburg, which was originally a part of the Rhineland settlement package anyway.

The French delegation in Malta have not denied these reports.
Old March 17, 2002, 12:34   #441
The ANZAC
King

Moscow Courier
Statement to French Government:

The Russians only hand over territory to those who fight.
Old March 18, 2002, 17:58   #442
The ANZAC
King

Cyrion, you're go
Old March 19, 2002, 12:26   #443
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 21:15
Sorry guys, seems I went over the 48 hours!!

I forgot I was to play AFTER Soundwave (so used to see him as the British...).

Not much to say in Turkey, new freight, new engineers nearly ready...

And the save
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1902mar_turk.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old March 21, 2002, 04:13   #444
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 11:15
The Times, Mar 1902
Cordoba taken, troops massing for push on Seville

Riots die down, famine hits British Empire

Kirk expects new goverment to form soon

Kirk asks of Russia "Looks like you're having trouble garrisoning your cities in Germany...the British Empire would be glad to take over those duties from you if you're unable"

Britons curious over status of Budapest
Attached Files:
File Type: net uk1902mar.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old March 21, 2002, 18:50   #445
The ANZAC
King

Moscow Courier
No need for British assistance, we are a sovereign nation, and no need to have Budapest as an issue anymore. Also, Russia is open to all free trade
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1902may.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old March 23, 2002, 00:18   #446
Case
Emperor

La Republica
Balkans Join 'Greater Italy'

As previously agreed, the Russian government has handed the cities of Sarajevo, Graz and Zagreb over to Italy.

Speaking from the steps of Sarajevo town hall, King Case said that "today marks a new dawn for Italy and for the Balkans. After years of harsh war, the people of southern Europe are from this day forth united in peace."
To the chears of the crowd the King then announced an ambitious program of industrialisation and rail-road building which, he promisied, would "bring even greater prosperity for Italy and the Balkans".
Attached Files:
File Type: net italy1902may.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old March 23, 2002, 00:21   #447
Case
Emperor

And here's an updated map:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1902map1.gif
Views:	77
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	11814  
Old March 23, 2002, 19:16   #448
winterfritz
Prince

Le Monde
Spanish campaign draws on
Although some French ministers have treacherously signed a peace treaty with the evil General AI (the Lower House met behind my back ) the French army continues to make good progress towards Madrid. Experts say that the General's stronghold will probably fall within the year, and most likely sometime in the summer.

Rapid economic growth
Back in France, however, industry is undergoing an unprecedented boom. Government contracted factories and steel mills are appearing all over the country, and those already existing have been swamped with orders. Though the dislocated and war torn Rhineland province is lagging behind the rest of France, the Premier and his Cabinet are preparing an economic plan that will breathe new life into that region too.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1902may.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old March 26, 2002, 18:00   #449
The ANZAC
King

Cyrion: your turn. I know, you're probably used to Germany going before....
Old March 26, 2002, 20:26   #450
Soundwave
Prince

Wheres Cyrion?? I haven't seen him in about a week! I'll pm him too