Old March 27, 2002, 09:00   #451
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 21:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Oups...
Sorry guys, I made a BIG mistake: I let real life take its place this week-end... I am soooo ashamed !!!

And on Monday I worked 16 hours and didn't want to switch on my computer after that...

And Poly was down yesterday...

So, that's all my excuses for this time

I swear I'll try really hard not to let this happen again!!!

I'll play tonight!!
Old March 27, 2002, 17:03   #452
Cyrion
King

New engineers commisioned in Turkey and some freight on the way to delivery, that's pretty much all...

And the save:
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1902may_turk.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old March 28, 2002, 16:43   #453
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 14:15
Kirk..? Your move
Old March 28, 2002, 19:04   #454
winterfritz
Prince

Local Time: 19:15
I guess this is threadjacking my own thread, but Anzac, what does the Juvenal quote in your signature mean?
Old March 29, 2002, 00:00   #455
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

It means: "Who guards the guardians themselves?" and is from one of Juvenal's stories where this woman is seducing her husband's guards to prevent her from cheating on him and he says that line.
Old March 29, 2002, 06:06   #456
winterfritz
Prince

Thanks - I've always wondered what it meant
Old March 29, 2002, 09:16   #457
Cyrion
King

Yep, I knew what it meant (at least there is something left from my "latin years"!! not much though... ) but didn't know in what context it had been used!!

Thanks
Old March 29, 2002, 09:20   #458
The ANZAC
King

Yes, Latin is great... So where is Kirk? His turn is rotting on the forum
Old March 29, 2002, 10:29   #459
Cyrion
King

Sultan worried
The Sultan expressed his concern today regarding the presence of numerous mighty battleships of the Russian navy in the Straits!

It had been agreed by Russia and the British Empire to at least ask for permission before crossing the Dardanelles (Istanbul treaty, January 1901).

His Magnificence Abd ul-Hamid II hopes it is just an oversight from the Russian bureaucracy...
Old March 29, 2002, 12:29   #460
The ANZAC
King

Russian Statement
Our apologies, but we have placed the ships there to protect our interest and defend the straits from foreigners who may try to enter. They are there as a defense force, but if you want them removed, they will be.
Old March 29, 2002, 14:47   #461
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 11:15
I shall play my turn later today, just so you all know
Old March 30, 2002, 03:57   #462
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

The city of Cordoba signaled to Britain late last night that it was ready to capitulate following intense bombardment and raids on the city itself.

Still minor rioting, but mostly calm in Britain, as citizens continentwide await the formation of a new government, which should come any time now
Old March 30, 2002, 05:35   #463
Case
Emperor

Local Time: 05:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Er Kirk, I think that you forgot to attach the file
Old March 30, 2002, 19:42   #464
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Ah yes, well here we go then!
Attached Files:
File Type: net uk1902may.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old March 31, 2002, 19:38   #465
The ANZAC
King

Moscow Courier
Rebuilding of Germany

Russia has begun to rebuild the German cities and setup a stable government. First on the agenda is to reign in central control and eliminate most of the corruption prevalent.
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1902july.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old March 31, 2002, 21:38   #466
Case
Emperor

La Republica
Italy Turns to trade

Now that the need for armaments has receeded, Italian industrial policy has shifted to the production of trade goods. It is expected that trade will boom in the next few months, thereby enriching both the people of Italy and those of our neighbors.

As part of this change from 'guns to butter', the Italian minister for trade has declared Italy a supporter of free trade, and has invited all nations to offer their products in Italy.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1902julyitaly.net (203.3 KB, 3 views)
Old March 31, 2002, 22:19   #467
winterfritz
Prince

Le Monde
Madrid Falls
In a bloody battle, Madrid, the seat of General AI's tyranny, has fallen to French forces. Although the attack was undertaken with the Second Army's usual thorough preparation and caution, the fanatical defenders of the city caused large casualties with their suicidal tactics. Three artillery battalions took such heavy losses that they have been dissolved as operational units. However, the under-equipped and under-fed defenders soon gave way to French persistence, and the citizens of the city cheered the French entry.

General AI has fled his former capitol, and vows to continue the fight from the Spanish highlands. However, his cause is now more hopeless than ever, and the fall of his dictatorship is only a matter of time.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1902july.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by winterfritz; March 31, 2002 at 22:24.
Old April 1, 2002, 16:48   #468
Cyrion
King

Following King Case invitation, a cargo full of turkish manufactured goods, initially intending to trade with british cities but discouraged by the anarchy reigning for the moment, is heading for Italy!!

A message from the Sultan was sent to the Czar to tell Him that indeed the Ottoman Empire would prefer to see no warships in the straits or cruising close to the turkish coasts, except for a brief transit...

And the save:
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1902july_turk.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old April 4, 2002, 22:57   #469
The ANZAC
King

Kirk, your go
Old April 6, 2002, 20:41   #470
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

The Times, July 1902
Transfer of Seville Concluded, all Eyes on La Coruna.

With no further bloodshed, British forces liberated the city of Sevilla from General AI, and were met by cheering Spaniards. This completes the conquest of Andalusia, and the newly installed interim military governor declared the once native Spanish garrison forces are trained, all attention will be turned to developing the Spanish infrastructure that has been neglected by General AI.
The only city Britain seeks to further liberate now is La Coruna, on the north-west Iberian coast. Sources tell of battleships seen heading in that direction.

Spanish Destroyer Destroyed Poetically near Palma

A fleet of battleships destroyed a small flotilla of destroyers near the city of La Palma that they'd been tracking for months. The Spanish were in no position to fight, but still refused to surrender. That folly cost them their lives.

Lisbon-Madrid Rail-line Nearing Completion

A brave corps of engineers has been hard at work throughout the Spanish war working to connect British territories inside the Iberian Peninsula and with the outside world. They announced today that in their steady progress, a raillink from Lisbon to Madrid shall soon be a reality, which will be a boon to Spanish prosperity.

Kirk Still Waiting to Form Government, Citizens Curious over Delays

Critics and allies alike of Provisional PM Kirk are beginning to raise concern over Kirk's failure to call elections to form a new government yet. Many along the spectrum privately are voicing concern that Kirk may never intend to have elections, and concentrate all power in his hands under some other form of government. Still his faithful allies point to his record at forcing the strong presidency into a powerless role. Critics say it was all a rouse to get himself more powerful with haste and ease. We and the everyday public are left scratching our heads over Kirk's intentions. Dowling Street had little comment on these "fabricated fairy tales."

OOC- File emailed to ANZAC
Old April 7, 2002, 11:35   #471
The ANZAC
King

Russian Economic Situation

The Russian Economy in recent months has been very strained by the previous war against Germany. The economy is running a deficient of 60 gold per year. Also the status of the German cities is not helping. The Russian Treasury has asked for a foriegn government to loan 200 gold which would be paid back in yearly installments. This message has gone out to the British Government.

Unrest in Germany and Austria-Hungary!

The recent annexations have been rioting and a general feel of civil unrest is in the air. Russia's miitary has been placed in the cities to keep general order, but if this continues, Russia will not be able to function without an emergency loan.

OOC: Kirk, I was at enthusiastic, and I changed it to worshipful, so you can try and hand over the battleships again, or give the loan.
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1902sept.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old April 7, 2002, 19:40   #472
Case
Emperor

La Republica
Italy Responds to Russian Crisis

The Italian government has lent Russia 50 gold, the most the strained Italian economy can spare. King Case has described the loan as "the most we can do to help our great and powerful Russian friends".

Coal Shipments enter France

Two shipments of Italian coal are now en-route to the French cities of Paris and Bordeaux. In order to speed up the Trade between our two nations the Italian Minister for Trade has proposed a joint French-Italian effort to build railroad by-passes around our major cities.
Attached Files:
File Type: net italy1902sept.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old April 7, 2002, 20:04   #473
The ANZAC
King

Moscow Courier
The Russian Empire greatfully thanks the kindness of the Republic of Italy.
Old April 8, 2002, 08:03   #474
winterfritz
Prince

Le Monde
France continues to prosper
The newfound vigour of the French economy continues to astound analysts. Factories and steel mills continue to spring up in major towns and cities.

However, the public service continues to suffer from a lack of skilled engineers. Most of these are absent in Spain, laying tracks for the transportation of the Second Army, and the French government thus regretfully informs the Italians that French collaboration on the rail project will be some time coming. However, the Premier Winterfritz has given the project his go-ahead, and Italian construction workers are free to begin laying more tracks in France.

Offer made to Russia
In light of the Russian government's recent financial troubles, the cabinet has offered to buy Regensburg from the Tsar for 500 gold. Ministers commented that the amount should 'alleviate the worst financial problems of the Russians, as well as relieving them of a troublesome and seditious city - making this quite a deal.' The French government is still awaiting the Russian reply.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1902sept.net (203.3 KB, 3 views)
Old April 8, 2002, 16:46   #475
Cyrion
King

Still big work on the infrastructure of the Ottoman Empire!!

And freight coming to Italy, trade lines to be established soon!!

And the save:
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1902sept_turk.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old April 8, 2002, 19:12   #476
The ANZAC
King

Moscow Courier
Counter Proposal to French

The city of Regensburg is currently not in disorder and would serve no purpose in giving to the French. Yet Russia would accept a straight 300-500 gold loan.
Old April 8, 2002, 20:40   #477
winterfritz
Prince

Statement from the French Cabinet
Analysts have indicated that the likelihood of your government's paying back such a loan are low and far off, considering your present budget situation. So instead we have proposed a method of non-cash payment in one resource that your nation is rich in: land. We ask you to reconsider our first offer; Regensburg is such a small city, and 500 gold is a lot of money.
Old April 8, 2002, 21:12   #478
The ANZAC
King

You don't think I'll pay off my debt? You'll get your money back, I promise. Also, we will not let you have a city which you didn't fight for to help when the time arose.

But I will accept a 200 gold loan, surely you can trust me to pay that off?
Old April 8, 2002, 21:15   #479
The ANZAC
King

Also I guess now allies don't help each other after they've fought a war against Germany where the other members of the alliance toiled and bled, while some others didn't do crap!
Old April 8, 2002, 21:39   #480
winterfritz
Prince

Official French Government Statement
After hours of intense negotiation, ministers from France and Russia have arranged a settlement that is agreeable to both sides. This exchange will take place on the next French turn.

In response to the inflammatory comment above, the Premier replied that France 'didn't believe in using violence to attain one's ends.' He has also pointed out that France was embroiled in a bloody war in Spain at the time of the German conflict, and under Entente terms was under no obligation to join in the offensive operations of Italy, Britain and Russia.