Old January 14, 2002, 23:12   #31
winterfritz
Prince

Local Time: 19:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The French object strongly to German labeling of our nation as 'adversaries'. "We have nothing but goodwill towards Germany," said winterfritz in an address to the Cabinet earlier today. "In fact, in the past, it has been the Germans who have been the aggressors against our peace-loving nation - witness their continued occupation of Alsace-Lorraine.

"However, we are prepared to bury that hatchet in this new age of international peace and co-operation. We hope that the Germans too can find it in them to work for understanding and harmony, rather than continuing in their traditional policy of sabre-rattling."

Later that same day, the issue of the Low Countries was also addressed. The Cabinet has issued these statements concerning that sensistive matter:

- The French - and indeed the entire Entente alliance - supports British claims on the Netherlands. Meanwhile French forces shall occupy Brussels and Antwerp. The English occupation of Amsterdam and Arnhem will allow them to contribute to the defense of France, thereby fulfilling the terms of her alliance with the Third Republic.
- The French government strongly urges the Germans to accept this claim also. The Netherlands will not be occupied in order to menace the German Fatherland, but merely as a defensive measure. The Germans are also reminded that their plans to invade Denmark are well known, and that by this act they will gain more land than either the British or the French will in the Low Countries. Germany, a nation already far larger than France or Britain, should be satisfied by this gain and not selfishly complain that it has been left out of the partition of the Low Countries.

In closing, the French Cabinet wishes to urge all nations most strongly not to allow the issue of Holland to cause a widespread conflict. "Surely we have attained a level of civilization that allows us to resolve such issues by discussion and negotiation, rather than barbaric warfare," said a minister in Cabinet today.
Old January 15, 2002, 01:02   #32
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 05:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
We apologise to the Italians for any inconveniences brought by the German ships, but you must understand that with so many nations who were good allies of Germany turning away and befriending Germany's adversaries any danger of invasion.
The Italian government accepts the German governmet's explination of the Da Vinci incident, and the 1st Fleet has reduced it's alert status to peacetime levels.
To prevent similar incidents the Italian government will clear future trade missions with the German government.

--------------------
ANZAC did you play your turn? If so I didn't recieve the file.

BTW, does anyone know the name of the Italian equivilent of the New York Times, The Times of London and Le Monde? (so that I can use it as a title.
Old January 15, 2002, 01:21   #33
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 16:15
La Repubblica maybe... And it's NOT The Times of London. It's JUST The Times.
Old January 15, 2002, 01:24   #34
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Ship movement rates
Could we make a minor change to the rules?

IMHO ship movement rates are far too slow for a MP game, and things would be more interesting if they were increased.
The best and simplist way to improve this would be by adding 2 to each type of ships movement rate.
Old January 15, 2002, 02:03   #35
winterfritz
Prince

I was actually thinking much the same thing, Case. And this was mentioned in the other AoW thread too.

I have no problems with increasing all ship's movements by 2. If no one else disagrees, then Anzac can post a suitably modified rules.txt that we can all download, along with his saved game.

What's Le Monde? Sounds like I could use it in my reports
Old January 15, 2002, 02:47   #36
Soundwave
Prince

Local Time: 07:15
Soundwave of the mighty British Empire has this to say...

All matters will be passed on via e-mails... but for god sakes in e-mails just be blunt!! or to me at least i'm a kiwi, normal is better
Old January 15, 2002, 03:18   #37
Soundwave
Prince

The Times

The British Empire Recognizes all gains and ambitions of the Russian Empire and Italian Empire.... Old feuds, bring the New British Knig to nearly cancelling the Alliance with France and moving towards its 'brother king' The German Empire.

Although Territory Claims have been settled, though the King is still trying to talk to the German Emperor.. for matters unknown...

Also, suddened Confrontation against British Colonail Troops in New Zealand have been attcked by Natives, General Anzac Blenheim was sent in with 15, ooo troops and 14 Artillery and made short work of the 'native strongholds', reported to be villages... the British Government Denied this.

Also a pound of butter is up 1oz

Written by War Correspondence J. Richards
Old January 15, 2002, 07:13   #38
Case
Emperor

La Repubblica
British Diplomatic Moves Cause Confusion

The Italian government requests that the British Government urgently clarify its current relationship with its allies.
In particular, King Case requests that Britain recognise France's rightful sphere of influence, and conduct negotiations regarding territorial issues. The King is willing to act as an intermediary in talks on this issue.
King Case believes that this dispute has stemmed from a misunderstanding as regards earlier Italian communications with the British government.

-----------------------------

Random responces to game related issues
  • Le Monde is the leading French Newspaper (eg the French equivalent of the New York Times or Sydney Morning Herald)
  • Is two extra movement points enough? Perhaps ship movement should be increased by 50%? (thus preserving Exile's original intentions). Did the people in the other AoW game make other changes we should consider?
  • Wow, this game is being played between two Aussies, a Kiwi, an Argentinian and an American. ANZAC, are you feeling lonely up in your hemisphere
Old January 15, 2002, 14:15   #39
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 21:15
Still looking for players
Hi guys,

It seems that you would need some europeans in your southern-hemisphere cast!!

I would like to join and play Turkey if it's alright for you!!

I have been playing CivII for 4-5 years but it would be my first PBEM (actually I just joined Apolyton, and it's my first post!), so I would need someone to explain to me how to do it (what kind of game to load, what key to hit at the end of my turn, etc.).

And how do you manage the diplomatic side (so important in AoW): technology trading, etc. ??

And what is the time limit for turns ? I think I read 48 hours somewhere, which seems alright (24 might be a bit short, sometimes, even if it should be enough in most cases!!).

Hope to join you soon
Old January 15, 2002, 16:11   #40
Soundwave
Prince

The Times

Britain Welcomes Ottoamn Sultan

British Dipolmats have been sent out to the country/empire
Old January 15, 2002, 16:32   #41
Dr. Nick
Deity

Germany, a long time ally and benefactor of the Ottoman Empire, wishes to congratulate the new Sultan for his coronation.
Old January 15, 2002, 18:09   #42
Case
Emperor

Cyrion, welcome aboard
We'll need your email adress to send you stuff the game.

Here's a guide that should answer your questions:
(due to problems with Apolyton, after you download the file you'll have to rename the file as a .zip before you can open it)
Attached Files:
File Type: zip pbemguide.zip (5.5 KB, 13 views)
Old January 15, 2002, 18:32   #43
The ANZAC
King

Local Time: 14:15
The Russian Foreign Office Politely Declines

Germany, we thank you for your help, but it is not necessary. We ask you withdraw all troops from Rumania and do not put any new troops in. If you have seized any cities, you should withdraw immediately and leave them open (ie the thought is we will repossess them) Post what cities you have taken if any and help the Russians to occupy them again.

OOC: Get what I mean El Awrence about Rumania? I'm not sure if this is clear. And here are the ships rules.txt with 50% movement increase.
Attached Files:
File Type: txt rules.txt (26.5 KB, 11 views)
Old January 15, 2002, 19:00   #44
Cyrion
King

New Post Office in Istanbul
The Imperial Ottoman Post have developped a new service which will be the envy of the whole world!!

Thanks to its fast riders, His Magnificence the Sultan Abd ul-Hamid II can now be reached nearly instantly by the foreign diplomats at vfracheNOSPAM@hotmail.com !!

The Sultan hopes that the foreign Powers will use this opportunity to contact him and trade goods and knowledge: He wants to bring the Ottoman Empire into the 20th Century and to make it take it's rightful place among the modern nations!

OOC: Case, thanks for the guide, it seems to be exactly what I needed!!

Last edited by Cyrion; September 5, 2003 at 04:27.
Old January 15, 2002, 21:38   #45
Soundwave
Prince

The Times

International Diplomatic Crises

The British Foregin Office has sent diplomats to all nations trying to sort out the Confusion trying to bring some order or sense to the situation... problem is British Diplomats come back with the news, but by the time they come back, its changed....

The British Empire Condems German Actions
The British Empire has condemed the acts of Germany's Miltary in the Balkan State of Rumania, killing inoccents in cities trying to 'introduce order' but more civilized countries know this is an act of cruetly. British Foregin office has stated that it has issued a warning, "leave Romania out of your Empire and your 'sphere of influence, Russia is also demanding of German Forces leave the Romanian Country or wil be forced to be fired on"-Governor Grey

Anglo-Franco relations Improve
After fiece agruments over the diplomatic circles Britian is in final agreement with France and has begun trading again, with her Ally.
Old January 15, 2002, 21:41   #46
winterfritz
Prince

I'm glad you could join us, Cyrion. You're right, for a PBEM set in Europe, we're strangely lacking in European players...

Heres the updated player list.
Russians - theanzac@optonline.com
Italians - nick_dowling@hotmail.com
French - winterfritz_21@yahoo.com
Germans - m_carreras@hotmail.com
Turks - vfrache@hotmail.com
British - seanie_babes@hotmail.com
Spanish

Since the British go after the Turks and Soundwave has already played his turn, should we let the AI play the first turn of the Turks, and Cyrion can jump in during the next round? Or alternatively, would Soundwave mind playing his turn again after the Turks have played from El Awrence's saved game? Whatever suits you all the best.

Also, everyone make sure you download Anzac's updated rules.txt with the increased ship moves. And Cyrion, make sure you're using the MPevents file, not the single player events file. (I left a post on the previous page if you need info on how to change these files.) Thanks
Old January 15, 2002, 21:46   #47
Soundwave
Prince

Just let the AI do it, i have waited long enough!!
Old January 16, 2002, 00:00   #48
Case
Emperor

I say that we let the AI handle this Turkish turn (there's not much that it can do wrong at this early stage) and that ANZAC move Russia.
Old January 16, 2002, 02:35   #49
winterfritz
Prince

Play on
Ok, then if no one has any problems with it Anzac can play and post his turn.
Old January 16, 2002, 03:17   #50
Cyrion
King

First turn
OOC

Letting the AI play the first turkish turn is fine for me (as long as you haven't taken too many ottoman cities ), so keep on playing, I'm already in the starting blocks...
Old January 16, 2002, 12:45   #51
Dr. Nick
Deity

The German ambassador to Britain has demanded an apology on behalf of The Times for its lies and slander with respect to Germany in the Balkans.

"Garrisons have not been ordered to move towards Romania and this is all a dirty ploy of propaganda either privately undertaken by The Times to discredit Berlin and impair relations or ordered by the Government, which would turn out to be the more disgusting scenario altogether."
Old January 16, 2002, 13:11   #52
Cyrion
King

Letter to the european Rulers
His Magnificence Abd ul_Hamid II, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, to His Friends the european Rulers.

I have given full power to my Grand Vizier Cyrion to reorganize the Ottoman economy ! As our country has fallen a long way behind the other european Powers, we welcome foreign investors and scientists to help us on the difficult task that awaits us!

More specifically, we would like to join the european commerce, and for this we would need the advance known as International Trade so that we could build trade lines with our neighbours and so strengthen our friendship!

Of course, our scientific interest isn't confined to International Trade!

With good diplomatic relations and economically strong countries, the new Century will mark the beginning of an ere of prosperity and peace for all Europe.
Old January 16, 2002, 14:57   #53
Soundwave
Prince

The Times

British Foregin Office Apolgizes
British Foregin Office today apolgized oh byhalf of The Times, for its account of a Serb ex-Soldier, although everyone thought he was genuine, but he was not and has been locked up for fruad.

In Other News
The British Government has sent scientist, miltary advisors and has started building the Egypt-Palestine Highway for better links with the the Ottoman Empire. Also reported was several battleships being built for the Ottomans in Bristol Docks, the British Government has niether denied or approved these rumors.

Soundwave I Heads For Germany
The King has headed to Germany to hold down the feeling of on coming war between these two mighty countries, and anyone esle for that matter.
Old January 16, 2002, 17:03   #54
SunTzu
Prince

I would like to play as Spain
WMCS44@aol.com
Old January 16, 2002, 19:34   #55
The ANZAC
King

Local Time: 14:15
Moscow Courier

New Economic Initiative in Russia: Russia has begun its long journey to modernization and industrialization. Many new factories have been started as well as building up of cities.

Minsk-Moscow Railway: Work has begun on the Minsk-Moscow railway. With its completion estimated in one and a half years, it will bring great commerce and development to the area. It has been noted that a Petrograd-Moscow railway might be started within a few months.
Old January 16, 2002, 20:14   #56
Case
Emperor

ANZAC, I think that you forgot to attach the file
Old January 16, 2002, 22:29   #57
winterfritz
Prince

Ok, that should be fine Sun Tzu. The AI has moved your first turn.

Heres the final player list:
Russians - theanzac@optonline.com
Italians - nick_dowling@hotmail.com
French - winterfritz_21@yahoo.com
Germans - m_carreras@hotmail.com
Turks - vfrache@hotmail.com
British - seanie_babes@hotmail.com
Spanish - WMCS44@aol.com

Headline in Le Monde: New King on Spanish Throne
After the unexpected death of Alfonso XIII yesterday, the coronation of Sun Tzu I took place in Madrid earlier today.

Winterfritz, the French premier, extends congratulations to his neighbouring monarch.
Old January 16, 2002, 23:18   #58
Dr. Nick
Deity

Berlin and Madrid have recently formed an alliance and we hope that the new King will pursue the improvemeng of Madrid-Berlin relations.
Old January 16, 2002, 23:25   #59
SunTzu
Prince

King SunTzu I has taken the throne of Spain.

King SunTzu I is undertaking major economic changes.
The nation of Spain wishes to remain neutral but is open to non-military alliances.
Old January 16, 2002, 23:32   #60
Case
Emperor

La Repubblica
Rome Welcomes New Spanish Monarch

The Italian government sends its hearty congratulations to the newly crowned King of Spain.
Each ship of the Italian Fleet, which is still at sea on exercises, will fire a 21 gun salute in honor of King SunTzu.
The foreign ministry has assured the German ambasador that none of the guns fired in this salute will be aimed at German territory.