Old July 23, 2002, 22:13   #721
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 05:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
La Repubblica
I finally got the file to download

Nothing much to report in Italy.
Attached Files:
File Type: net italy1905may.net (203.3 KB, 1 views)
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old July 24, 2002, 04:37   #722
winterfritz
Prince

Local Time: 19:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Le Monde
The French population, industry and economy continue to grow at unprecedented rates. Comparing statistics with other European powers, Minister for Interior Development Jean Renard released the statement 'Aha haha! Nyaah nyahh,' to the international press.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1905may.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by winterfritz; July 24, 2002 at 04:45.
Old July 24, 2002, 05:33   #723
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 21:16
Now this is going fast!!!

I'll play (and post!) my turn tonight (my connection problems seem to be over for now!!).
LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464
Old July 24, 2002, 16:16   #724
Cyrion
King

Turkish News
More freights, more improvements, everything is fine!

More comments tomorrow!

BTW, Turkey is the happiest Nation in the world!

PS: Winterfritz, didn't you forget something??

And the save:
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1905may_turk.net (203.3 KB, 1 views)
Old July 24, 2002, 17:37   #725
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 11:16
The Times, May 1905
Preparations and readjustments are continuing in advance of the creation of a new German state. This month the city of Erfurt founded its University, and Magdeburg created a Stock Exchange.

A government spokesman announced this month that he approves of Russia's suggestions, though Hannover will remain an OZ rather than Lubeck. And that Britain wishes to hear what France says about these developments.

Citizens in London have been noticing a lot of work going on over the past few months, and such work appears to be culminating. In what, the government won't say however. Nonetheless, it looks to be big.

In a possibly related story, several British freights have stopped outside the city limits of their destinations inexplicably. When asked, all they said were words to the effect that we'll find out in a month or two.

OOC: I've looked at CivTweak, and it doesn't seem to give you the option to edit .net files. It may be an older version or something, but if it's not, we'll have to find a way around it, or settle with converting the Spanish into the Germans
Attached Files:
File Type: net uk1905may.net (203.3 KB, 1 views)
Old July 24, 2002, 20:30   #726
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 14:16
Nothing much

OOC: for the .net problem, couldn't we just rename the .net file to a .sav and make the changes and then switch it back? Or isn't there a way to make a game a .sav?
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1905july.net (203.3 KB, 4 views)
Old July 24, 2002, 20:49   #727
Case
Emperor

Aargh, I can't download again!

Could someone please email me the file?

[my adress is: nick_dowling@hotmail.com]
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old July 24, 2002, 21:30   #728
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

You're right ANZAC, it looks like all we have to do is change the file extension to .sav, and then change it back when we're done. The German player still has a password though, so once we're ready to create Germany, the save will have to be Henrikized.

EDIT: Germany doesn't show up on my Foreign Minister screen, however. So hopefully we'll be able to do something about this in a realtime multiplayer game or something. Otherwise, it'd be impossible to give Germany cities if we can't talk to him.
Old July 24, 2002, 22:54   #729
Case
Emperor

La Repubblica
Thanks again Kirk
ANZAC, could you please email me the file in future? I really don't understand why I'm having problems downloading stuff all of a sudden
--------------

Army Shows off New Toys

In a demonstration held at the Italian Army's main testing range outside Rome, the 1st Heavy Artillery Regiment has test fired their new guns in front of an audience of journalists, diplomats and politicians. All present were amazed by both the guns firepower and the professionalism of their crews.

During a press conference held after the test firing, President Case refused to answer questions on why the new heavy artillery regiment is being based within easy range of the Italian Parliament.

Italian and Russian Diplomats Meet.

The Italian Foreign Minister has confirmed rumors that Russian and Italian diplomats have met to discuss the future of the south-west Balkans region. The Minister says that negotiations are progressing slowly and that there may be no change to the status-quo.
Attached Files:
File Type: net italy1905july.net (203.3 KB, 1 views)
Old July 25, 2002, 05:48   #730
winterfritz
Prince

Le Monde
Toys for France too
Right behind the Italians, the French military this month tested new guns for the newly-named heavy artillery arm of the Army. Finding the results more than satisfactory, 2 such heavy artillery regiments have already been formed, with more on the way. The technology for both French and Italian guns was first developed here at the Ecole Militaire in Paris.

Ministers Respond to Valensky Amendments
The Chamber of Deputies today pledged France's support to the amended Valensky Proposal with the proviso that France's occupation zones be in the two cities of Cologne and Stuttgart. These two cities, as well as being situated conveniently close to the French frontier, will also give French officials the ideal vantage-point from which to supervise the administration of Bavaria and the Ruhr. That said however, ministers pointed out that the interim leader for the new Germany and the conditions for its various staged territorial acquisitions have not yet been decided upon and consider these as the most important topics to be next addressed.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1905july.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old July 25, 2002, 05:52   #731
winterfritz
Prince

OOC: Cyrion, I completely forgot The problem has been fixed however

Kirk, Anzac meant that your occupation zone included Lubeck in addition to Hamburg rather than instead of it, which sounds reasonable to me.

And yes, we have to change the file extension to a .sav in order to fiddle around with it. During this time whoever is establishing the country should also go into cheat mode and establish embassies between Germany and everyone, and give them the German techs. We can also give Germany her cities without having to do online negotiations; if the filename has a .sav extension CivCity can be used on it.
Old July 25, 2002, 08:48   #732
Cyrion
King

Various Turkish News
OOC: wow, this is going fast!! I'll play my turn tonight!!
To Winterfritz: no worries...

And now some news from the last turn:

Scientific Development

The Turkish Scientist wish to inform their european counterparts that, at the same time as the Ecole Militaire de Paris, they have developped the technology allowing to build a new kind of heavier Artillery!

Turkey being a peaceful Nation, no such "big toys" have been ordered by the turkish military at the moment.

The next step in scientific progress, a new application of Electricity, is expected to come in the very near future!

Foreign scientists are of course welcome in Istanbul to trade techs!!

Plebiscite

The regional elections marked the triumph of the Young Turks: with an approval rating of 77% (hey, I found a use for the stats from the Demography ), the Turkish citizens showed they approval of the newly founded Democracy!!

It seems that the Young Turks candidate has good chances to be elected Prime Minister next quarter...
Old July 25, 2002, 10:51   #733
The ANZAC
King

Moscow Courier
Russia gets new Toys as well as a Scandal and Public Distrust!

A hiker, Alexei Dregunov, was on a Sunday stroll in the Urals when he stumbled upon a secret Russian military demonstration of a new artillery piece that had just entered service. He was subsequently jailed illegally. This happened about a year ago. Recently Mr. Dregunov managed to escape and has told the associated press his story and now there is an outrage against the government. Russian top military brass have confirmed that the new artillery project was completed a year ago, but will not say if it has gone into full production...

Russia makes another proposal

Russia suggests that elections for German leader be held immediately among the occupying powers and the repatriatization of Germany occur within a year of the election's conclusion.

Russia casts a vote for El Awrence.

Last edited by The ANZAC; July 25, 2002 at 10:58.
Old July 25, 2002, 11:49   #734
Cyrion
King

Here is the save, comments tomorrow...
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1905july_turk.net (203.3 KB, 1 views)
Old July 25, 2002, 23:35   #735
Prometheus
Warlord

Local Time: 13:16
The German People also present Heir Prometheus for German leadership, supported mainly by leftist intellects who belive the military lead the country to ruins. However Heir Prometheus realizes he has little chance of being appointed by the occupying countries or being elected by the German people ahead of two more prominent delegates: the former Chancellor von Karreras (El Awrence) or Heir JMarks
Old July 25, 2002, 23:46   #736
JMarks
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Heir Prometeus,

Thats Heir Ioannes, not Heir JMarks.

Still, my stances are that Germany should, once it has its territories back, conquer Russia and France in one fell swoop. After that, Germany shall make Britain and Turkey its vassals and the Italian penisula shall be sunk into the sea.

And if you believe that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Seriously though, under my rule, Germany shall stay out of the hot bed of European politics, and hopefully be a place where the European super-powers can settle their disputes peacefully. Please, no fighting on the grass, we just mowed it.
Old July 26, 2002, 00:14   #737
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 16:16
Wow, yipee, now I get to be a buffer state!
Old July 26, 2002, 01:18   #738
Case
Emperor

Guys, sorry about the late notice but I'm going up to Sydney this weekend and won't be back untill Monday.
Old July 26, 2002, 05:33   #739
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

The Times July, 1905
London Completes Arms Race
The government unveiled today the massive research project that spokespeople assure us is more an effort in science than military matters. The Arms Race was built hurriedly, yet silently, over this past year, and required importing workers from all over the British Isles. PM Kirk stated that today was a proud day for the British Commonwealth, and all industrial nations.
Attached Files:
File Type: net uk1905july.net (203.3 KB, 1 views)
Old July 26, 2002, 15:01   #740
The ANZAC
King

Russian Government makes Military Reforms

This week the Russian government will begin to inform and train people all across its lands to resist invasions with force. This will help Russia defend herself as she will have many partisans to upon to defeat invaders. Also Russia has established a para-military police force to quell domestic disturbances while military units are away.

Save sent to Case.
Old July 28, 2002, 02:50   #741
Case
Emperor

I seem to be having email problems as well

ANZAC, could you send the file to canberra_dowlings@bigpond.com.au ?
Old July 28, 2002, 20:18   #742
Case
Emperor

La Repubblica
Montenegro Added to Italy!

The negotiations between the Russian and Italian governments have proved sucessful, with the Russian province of Montenegro beeing ceded to Italy this month.

Speaking to cheering crowds in the main square of Montenegro's largest city, President Case has promised to lift the province out of rural poverty. In line with this policy, he anounced an ambitious program to connect the city to the European Railroad network, build industrial facilities and to upgrate the regions land via new agricultural infrastructure and training.
Attached Files:
File Type: net italy1905sept.net (203.3 KB, 1 views)
Old July 29, 2002, 05:54   #743
winterfritz
Prince

Le Monde
Extracts from the Transcripts of the International Trial of General AI at Brussels

Judge 1: General AI, did you wilfully sanction massacres and other acts of terror against the Spanish population whilst you were in control of that country's administration?
AI: You have wasted enough of our valuable time with your chatter. Now begone!
Judge 2: Please answer the question, General.
AI: We have no interest in exchanging knowledge at this time.
Judge 1: *Sighs* Very well then. Note the subjects total avoidance of the topic. Next question: did you or did you not have opponents of your regime killed or exiled?
AI: General AI, our great King, grows weary of this tiresome alliance.
Judge 2: You can only hurt yourself more by refusing to answer our questions, General.
AI: Do you take us for fools? We'd no sooner turn our back on you than find a knife there! Now begone!

Court adjourns for lunch here.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1905sept.net (203.3 KB, 1 views)
Old July 29, 2002, 11:05   #744
Cyrion
King

@ Judgement!!!

BTW, I'll play my turn tonight...
Old July 29, 2002, 14:37   #745
Cyrion
King

The save: (comments tomorrow, not much to tell...)
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1905sept_turk.net (203.3 KB, 1 views)
Old July 29, 2002, 22:13   #746
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

some moving, some buying, etc
Attached Files:
File Type: net uk1905sept.net (203.3 KB, 1 views)
Old July 30, 2002, 12:07   #747
The ANZAC
King

Russian Truck Drivers Perplexed!

Two Russian convoys have been trying to deliver goods in France and Occupied Germany. Unfortunately orders changed en route so they have had to go to alternate destinations. One needs to head back into France, one needs to reach Hannover. However, the Hannover convoy came across major French Fortifications in the Alsace region. Also major sections of Rail Road that are to make up the rail system of the new German state have been ripped up Russia would just like an explanation as to why the French are ripping up perfectly fine RR when we are trying to connect Europe together and would like French and British authorities to cooperate with the Russian drivers in making their deliveries speedy and easy.
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1905nov.net (203.3 KB, 1 views)
Old July 30, 2002, 21:44   #748
Case
Emperor

La Repubblica
Russian's Reminded of Italian Route

The Trade Attache at the Italian embassy in Moscow has called on the Russian Minister of Trade this month. During their discussions, the Attache reminded the minister that Russian goods may access the European rail network via Italy. The attache assured the minister that while goods currently have to travel around Zagreb via the road, once past the city they can acess the Rail Road network again and travel as far as the English Channel in the course of that month.

---------

It seems that I can download from 'Poly again, so I won't need the files emailed to me anymore
Attached Files:
File Type: net italy1905nov.net (203.3 KB, 1 views)
Old July 31, 2002, 07:48   #749
winterfritz
Prince

Le Monde
French Government Answers to Drivers' Attack
The Minister for Trade today responded to criticism from Russian truck drivers unions, who are complaining that the French Government has not been doing all it can to aid them in their cross-continental treks. 'Well of course we haven't,' stated the Minister. 'The French civil engineers corps - still woefully understaffed, I might add - has got other problems to deal with that are more important than the construction of further rail-bypasses around French cities. I might add that Russia has previously not requested any such bypasses, unlike the Italian government a year or two ago, and that if they had (politely), then we probably would have started work on a few.

The government as a whole has also fought back at accusations of vandalising railroads in occupied Germany. 'It is true that certain units of the French Army demolished several important rail links in South Germany,' read a spokesperson for the Military today. 'However, these actions were undertaken over three years ago and without approval from the central government. Rogue military leaders feared a Russian attack from this quarter and authorised the demolition to halt any possible advance, but when Paris found out the action was immediately halted and the military leaders in question relieved of their commands. It is not our fault that the overworked civil engineer corps has been unable as of yet to find time to repair the damage.'

The spokesperson wound up by critisizing the truck drivers in turn for peeping where they shouldn't. 'We don't take kindly to truck drivers looking at French Military Projects such as the fortifications in Alsace,' he said. 'What France does to ensure her national security is her own business only, and we will be much more kindly disposed to aid the hard-working Russian truck-drivers if they can try to keep their eyes on the road and on the road only in future.'
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1905nov.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old July 31, 2002, 08:27   #750
Cyrion
King

Turkish News
Last quarter saw the first National Elections in the history of Turkey!

A few candidates were opposed throughout the whole country:

1) the faction wanting the Ottoman Empire to return to the state it was in prior to the revolution wasn't able to convince the Sultan Ab-ul Hamid II to take part in the election, and so his own brother was chosen instead; his goal was to re-establish the Sultanate and to crowned as Mehmet V.

2) the greek minority presented a candidate, a well-known merchant for Thessaloniki, Mr Giorgios Papadopoulos.

3) Imam Ibn Saia received the support of those who wanted the establishment of an Islamic Republic

4) a few candidates, supposedly sponsored by foreign powers, tried to rally some supporters but were mostly innefficient, despite the money invested by their occult masters...

5) and last, the Young Turks faction presented 2 candidates: its president Enver Pasha and Acting Prime Minister Cyrion

The result were indisputable: over 78% of all Turks approved the current policy instituted by Cyrion and elected him to lead the Nation for the 5 years to come!!

So from now on, the Turkish Democracy has a freely elected Prime Minister, Cyrion!! The new cast of the government will be known soon...

OOC: that was news from the last turn, I'll play the next one tonight!

BTW Winterfritz, I had to re-read your last post to make sure you were speaking about "truck drivers" and not "turk drivers"!! Pff, I was worried for a while...