Old September 1, 2002, 18:21   #811
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 11:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Railway Roundup
The newly incorporated cites in of Gaza, Tobruch and Benghazi are truly part of the British Commonwealth now that the Saharan Railway connects them all. Extensions are soon planned to reach Sirte and Jerusalem.
The final stake was also driven into the Albania-Greece railway at Athens. The opening of this line is expected to bolster British trade with the region.

PM Kirk Opts Commonwealth out of ERC
PM Kirk has also voiced his opposition to the Russian-proposed ERC. While leaving open the possibility for future discussions on the matter, Kirk stated that with the Commonwealth so far flung it doesn't make sense to build by-passes in many areas and that even with exemptions there would be questions of criteria. Still Kirk promised to move into high gear w/ making sure all German cities have bypasses and wished to reiterate his support for the same to happen in Northern France

OOC: sorry my computer crashed while posting the other day, and I had assumed it worked
Attached Files:
File Type: net uk1906may.net (204.1 KB, 1 views)
Old September 1, 2002, 21:03   #812
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 14:16
Nothing much. Balkan railway is nearing completion...

Also, the ERC would try to establish bypasses only on major trade routes and hopefully later would be able to make an city in Europe, Asia and Africa accesible within 1 turn. Would Britain consider this criteria?

In other news a group of Russian truck drivers threw in the towel today and delivered at a loss when the goods sheet was changed yet again. Another group are still trying to get back to Hannover after being trapped in France and sent back one of their party to explain what was happening. Again French troops are blocking clearly designated Rail lines and in response the Russian Foreign Ministry has issued the following map of French emplaced forces that have obstructed the truck drivers.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	recon.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	23409  
Old September 1, 2002, 21:04   #813
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

And the save
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1906july.net (204.2 KB, 1 views)
Old September 3, 2002, 01:42   #814
Case
Emperor

Local Time: 05:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Nothing to report
Attached Files:
File Type: net italy1906may.net (203.7 KB, 0 views)
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old September 3, 2002, 02:54   #815
Case
Emperor

whoops, wrong file

Here's the correct one:
Attached Files:
File Type: net italy1906july.net (204.2 KB, 1 views)
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old September 6, 2002, 13:49   #816
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 20:16
Bumpetibumpitebump, don't let the thead die guys
Old September 6, 2002, 18:29   #817
winterfritz
Prince

Local Time: 19:16
Sorry all, school is getting kinda crazy at the moment; I also have to organise the fact that I'm changing schools at the end of this year, which hasn't helped to alleviate my workload

The save is coming.
Old September 6, 2002, 18:46   #818
winterfritz
Prince

Le Monde
Russo-French tensions reach breaking point
The shock publications of plans of France's new eastern fortification systems, gathered by Russian spies posing as truck drivers, has glavanized the French Chamber of Deputies. All the ministers were united today in their enraged response to the endlessly provocative Russian government.

An ultimatum was issued today demanding immediate compensation from Russia for the publication of these plans, so essential to French national security, to the general public. Should France fail to be compensated, French troops are at the ready to bar the Russian border to traders and enforce a total trade embargo. Any traders still within our borders at such a time will be forcibly disbanded.
Attached Files:
File Type: net french1906july.net (204.4 KB, 1 views)
Old September 6, 2002, 20:15   #819
The ANZAC
King

Russian Reply

Russia will not compensate France for anything. However if France should establish a trade embargo, Russia will do the same. Also Russia is currently moving a trader out of French territory; if this trader should be "forcibly disbanded" it will be viewed as an act of war and a defensive response, not an aggression. Russia would also hope that Britain will not attack us if we are left with having to resort to force for defence.
Old September 9, 2002, 03:38   #820
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 21:16
Back
Hi guys, so I'm back!!

Many thanks to Darius for playing my turn!!!

And I'll play my turn tonight!
LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464
Old September 9, 2002, 08:15   #821
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

You're welcome, and bye all.
Old September 10, 2002, 02:20   #822
Cyrion
King

Turkish News
Back from his holiday, Prime Minister Cyrion once more lead the country toward prosperity...

Freight, improvements and infrastructure...

BTW: good work Darius

And the save:
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1906july_turk.net (204.4 KB, 1 views)
Old September 11, 2002, 13:47   #823
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Britain used its trade surpluses this month to push forward many infrastructure improvements around the Commonwealth. Kirk was noted as being shocked at the absence of Warehouse Districts in many regions of the Commonwealth, and pushed for their immediate completion.

After seeing the futile attempts of a freighter to travel through Austria, Kirk quipped that maybe he should join the ERC just so Britain could make heavy profits from all the penalties Russia would have to pay.
Railbypasses completed near Osnabruck and Gaza.

Kirk expressed greater concern over the military force blocking access to nothern France from Germany than rail bypasses in the region. France knows it has nothing to fear, especially from Britian and so deep into its territory.
Attached Files:
File Type: net uk1906july.net (204.4 KB, 1 views)
Old September 12, 2002, 19:38   #824
The ANZAC
King

Actually Russia has been very busy in the interior RR development, which Britain can vouch for in her near monthly travels of it. Austria will be fixed in 4 months.

Also Russia would like to know why Italian vessels are in the Black Sea? Russia also would like Turkey to move a destroyer or allow Russia to so the Bosporus is blocked to everyone except the Turks and Russians.

Russia is deeply angered by the French trapping of our freight. normally, it would be viewed as an act of war, but Russia is now blocking a French freight and will unblock it once ours is unblocked. Russia demands that it be unblocked next turn.
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1906sept.net (204.4 KB, 1 views)
Old September 13, 2002, 02:09   #825
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Britons have noticed progress in the rail system in the past few months. It's come a long way, but still has a while to go, as there's not even unfettered access to Moscow. Nonetheless, any progress is good.
On the topic of Franco-Russian tensions, PM Kirk suggested a halt to all the finger-pointing and sabre-rattling as it's all very counterproductive. "If you want something done, ask for it," Kirk said, "get international support, but don't go around obstructing trade and threating war, it's just not civilized" Kirk said that while the proposed ERC does have many faults, there should be some sort of system or standard set so that when there's a blockage of any sort it doesn't always nearly come to war.
Old September 13, 2002, 17:53   #826
The ANZAC
King

Russia by next month will have made the Moscow-Berlin Line travellable within 1 turn's time. Also from there, Odessa can be reached in the same turn.

Russia undestands that sometimes freight may be blocked, but France has purposely moved units to trap our freight against the coast where there are warships waiting. Russia will not tolerate that and that is why we have held the French freight.
Old September 15, 2002, 01:00   #827
Case
Emperor

La Repubblica
Turkish Battleship Handed Over

In a ceremony at Naples shipyard, a newly constructed battleship was handed over to the Turkish navy. Even as the ceremony began workers were hard at word completing a second battleship for Turkey.

-------------

Are we all set to go with the reestablishment of Germany? If I remember correctly, Germany is sceduled to be resestablished at the end of the next round of turns...

edit: removed save. See below for new save.

Last edited by Case; September 19, 2002 at 20:05.
Old September 15, 2002, 09:04   #828
The ANZAC
King

Russia is ready. Again, which cities are being handed over?
Old September 16, 2002, 12:00   #829
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

I think in the first round you're doing Berlin, Leipzig and Dresden, and I'm giving Rostock, Magdeburg and Erfurt
Old September 16, 2002, 18:01   #830
The ANZAC
King

yes, that sounds right
Old September 18, 2002, 02:05   #831
Cyrion
King

Small problem!!
To Case: the destination of the delivery wasn't right: Skopje...

I'm sorry I wasn't able to check it before: the return to work has been quite painful...

Could you please repost the save WITHOUT gifting it to me but instead moving it towards Turkey (I think it ends up in the NEAREST city!!): as I told you, my home connection is broken...

And to Winterfritz: can you please wait till the save has been changed before playing your turn (shouldn't be a problem as you haven't downloaded yet... )

Thanks
Old September 18, 2002, 07:28   #832
Case
Emperor

Sure - I'll repost the save tomorrow. If all else fails, I can sail the ship to Crete and gift it to you from there
Old September 18, 2002, 08:16   #833
Cyrion
King

My thought exactly!! And I think you don't even need to go as far as Crete!!

Thanks
Old September 19, 2002, 20:02   #834
Case
Emperor

Here's the 'updated' file. I've taken the liberty of slightly changing my turn by rush-building a port in Venice as well - I hope no one minds.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1906sept_italy.net (204.4 KB, 4 views)
Old September 19, 2002, 20:31   #835
The ANZAC
King

Wait, so you activated the cheat menu? I really don't mind I just want to know what happened
Old September 20, 2002, 01:06   #836
Case
Emperor

No. In case things went wrong, I had saved a game just before I handed the the battleship over to Cyrion (which was the last thing I did in my turn). All I did was reload that game, and instead of handing the battleship over, I've simply sailed it out of harbour.

I rush-built the port becuase the fact that I forgot to do so originally has been bugging me
Old September 20, 2002, 18:44   #837
winterfritz
Prince

Sorry about the wait all (in this and other pbems ) In the past few weeks I've been buried in an avalanche of schoolwork of mindboggling proportions, and theres still exams to navigate yet. However, I've just started 2 weeks of holidays again so it will finally be a bit easier to check on my games

So, whats going on? Should I re-establish Germany now?
Old September 20, 2002, 23:05   #838
The ANZAC
King

in the last turn of november or first turn of Januarywe will establish Germany.

Ok Case, makes sense now, no complaints here
Old September 21, 2002, 10:54   #839
Cyrion
King

Winterfritz: no worries mate...
Old September 22, 2002, 03:37   #840
winterfritz
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
Russia undestands that sometimes freight may be blocked, but France has purposely moved units to trap our freight against the coast where there are warships waiting. Russia will not tolerate that and that is why we have held the French freight.
We repeat that we will release this freight once Russia agrees to compensate the French government and people for its previous hurtful and unsubstantiated remarks. Everyone in Paris is sick of the endless stream of snide remarks from the Confederacy and our patience is at an end. We have repeatedly explained our actions, and yet the Russian bear continues to rattle his sabre as if he were as deaf as he were big and hairy. Now we have only one thing to ask: will you compensate the Third Republic for the wrong you have committed against her?