Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 21:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Spring in Turkey
Here is the save...
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1901mar_turk.net (203.3 KB, 3 views)
Old February 4, 2002, 18:58   #182
Cyrion
King

Abd ul-Hamid II
The Ottoman Empire develops peacefully its road network as well as its trade links with foreign nations!!

Big portraits of His Magnificence the Sultan are hung in the whole Empire...

[IMG]Abd ul-Hamid II[/IMG]

OOC: not much to report...
Old February 4, 2002, 19:01   #183
Cyrion
King

Doesn't work...
How do you guys attach pictures ?? Please help...
Old February 4, 2002, 19:07   #184
Soundwave
Prince

Local Time: 07:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Another Battleship built....

More industries built....

Palestine-Egypt Railway nearly completed...

Cutlre Literacy give to the Truks (i want money for that one, no more freebies)

British Altantic Fleet on Naval Excercises in the North Sea...

British Med Fleet in Excercises with Italian Warships in the Araditic Sea...

(Case can you ally with me, put me as worshipful)
Attached Files:
File Type: net britishturn.net (203.3 KB, 5 views)
Old February 4, 2002, 19:09   #185
Soundwave
Prince

Cyion they have to be pics.gif so in other words they have to be gifs and that works the best!
Old February 5, 2002, 04:10   #186
Cyrion
King

Abd ul-Hamid II

The Sultan, discussing with His trusted secretaries how much money can be sent (and when ) to the British as a just retribution for their help...
Old February 6, 2002, 22:44   #187
Soundwave
Prince

Whos go is it if its Pain again just skip him this is getting ridiculos.. please hurry up and winterfirtz do you wanna join Blood & Iron?
Old February 7, 2002, 02:04   #188
winterfritz
Prince

Local Time: 19:15
Its actually your turn, Soundwave. Cyrion posted his save just above his picture. I hope you're not suggesting we skip you

I'll post about your Blood and Iron invitation on that thread.
Old February 7, 2002, 03:31   #189
Cyrion
King

Winterfritz, not to come to Soundwave rescue but... he posted his save between mine and the splendid Sultan's picture...

So it should be Sun Tzu, I think...
Old February 7, 2002, 03:50   #190
SunTzu
Prince

i'll have it done today
Old February 7, 2002, 03:59   #191
winterfritz
Prince

Oops, my bad. I didn't read the post properly. Sorry Soundwave.

It is indeed Sun Tzus turn.

Last edited by winterfritz; February 7, 2002 at 04:07.
Old February 8, 2002, 03:46   #192
Cyrion
King

Wake up, Spain...
Just so that Soundwave isn't the only one to complain...

Come on Sun Tzu, we're all waiting
Old February 8, 2002, 03:57   #193
winterfritz
Prince

You probably didn't know about this Sun Tzu, but we agreed on a 48 hour turn time limit when we started this game. I think its now been about 4 days since Soundwave posted the save. Please get your turn played as soon as possible, and try to play it under the limit in future. Thanks
Old February 8, 2002, 13:27   #194
SunTzu
Prince

yall skip me, i don't have any time to play this game anymore, sorry for the wait.
Old February 8, 2002, 16:51   #195
Soundwave
Prince

Whos go?
Old February 8, 2002, 21:42   #196
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 14:15
So do we skip SunTzu's turn or somebody plays it?
Old February 8, 2002, 22:35   #197
Soundwave
Prince

General AI takes over and wins the Spanish Civil War!!

Today Predsident Sun Tuz was shot my partisans outside his office in Madrid as the Fascists took over.. General AI and his Facist Allies have taken over the the country, the exiled Government in London asks for Italian-Franco-Anglo Intervention.

President Richards Anonces Intervention

Just hours after the The President Sun Tuz (close friend of President Richards) was shot, President Richards annouced he himself wants to see General AI's head on a plate and has sent word to the Entente... of War! The President himself, will lead the Forces of the British Empire, as no leader has since the great days of Richard the LionHeart or King Arthur, ahead of his troops. He himself a sharpshooter will shoot General AI himself if met in confrontation!

Asks Germany to Stay Neutral
The President also sent word of Germany keeping Neutral, or joining an ally, that dumped them.

(Anzac skip him hes not playing anymore.. its your go)
Old February 9, 2002, 09:43   #198
winterfritz
Prince

Yeah, just skip Sun Tzu's turn, Anzac. BTW, remember to send your save game to me as I'm playing Italy's turn for Case while he's away.
Old February 9, 2002, 22:54   #199
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

I've sent my save to Winterfritz! Now for the News...

Russian Navy Alarmed

In secret operations, Sweden has nearly been liberated by Russia. King Oscar II had called in for Russian protection of the country from communist guerillas. We were much obliged and have placed garrisons to Stockholm and Malmo. Currently, we are about to occupy Goteborg As of now, Sweden is a protectorate of Russia.

Also, we received a few months ago urgent communiques from King Christian the IX of Demark. He asked for Russian protection from the German Invasion. We sent a battle fleet as quickly as we could to help him, but before our garrison for Copenhagen to protect the king could arrive, disaster struck. The Imperial German Navy has completely blockaded Sweden and Denmark. Russia is currently in control of Sweden. Both of these countries are under Russian protectorate. If German ships are not moved 2 spaces from the Swedish coast, we will have no choice but to declare war. Also they have pinned in our fleet around Copenhagen and have landed troops to take the city. This is not prudent. We suggest both sides withdraw and leave Copenhagen as a free city. This should de-escalate things. The Russians want to know whether the Germans will withdraw the blockade, in 24 hours.

Last edited by The ANZAC; February 9, 2002 at 23:01.
Old February 9, 2002, 23:27   #200
Soundwave
Prince

President Calls on the Entente

Today the President called on a vote from the House of Commons, after a majority vote of 12-41 in support of Russian Claims.

Presidential Declearation

The President today stated if Germany does not move her ships 2 miles from the coast, The British Fleet would support Naval Action and be forced to declear War on Germany...

Today the President also petitioned the Members of the Entente with the declearation and asked to support Russian with upmost Pride and Honour!!

BTW- Like my quote?
Old February 10, 2002, 07:33   #201
winterfritz
Prince

Okay, I just finished quickly playing my two turns. I say quickly because as I write I am preparing to leave, I am going to be gone for about 2 days. For the same reason I can't make a very elaborate report, sorry

La Repubblica

War!
The Prime Minister Wintero de Fritzi, upon hearing today that General AI had regained power once more in Spain, erupted over breakfast. Being just as excitable as King Case, the PM is reported to have scared away most of his servants and staff with impassioned rants about the luckless general. Then he stormed off to the Italian Army Central HQ. Barely fifteen minutes later, it was announced in Rome that Italy would not stand for the General imposing his madness on the innocent peoples under the government of Madrid, and that as of noon today the Italian Empire was at war with Spain.

Naval battle off Balearic Islands
Following the declaration of war, units of the Italian fleet on exercises in the western Mediterranean moved into Spanish territorial waters. There they encountered elements of the Spanish 2nd fleet off the Balearic Islands. In a fierce battle, several Spanish small craft and a battleship were destroyed at the cost of one Italian battleship and a destroyer squadron.

Upon hearing the news of the glorious Italian victory in the Battle of Palma, Italians everywhere put down whatever they were doing and ran out into the streets to join massive spontaneous celebrations in every major city. 'We will not rest,' said Fritzi in a statement later today, 'until the evil General AI is deposed and the people of Spain can live in peace and security once more.'
Old February 10, 2002, 07:48   #202
winterfritz
Prince

Le Monde
War declared
The Premier Winterfritz, also when hearing of the rise of General AI to power once more in beleaguered Spain, expressed his deep sadness and regret at this turn of events. He quickly rushed to the Chamber of Deputies where an emergency meeting was called. After intense consultation with PM Fritzi of Italy, it was decided that the only option that would result in happiness and safety for the Spanish people was the dispatch of a peace-keeping force to Spain in order to depose the General and restore law and order. The British too have expressed concern about the General's return, and are expected to join the peace-keeping mission shortly.

French Mediterranean Navy victorious
Following the Italian victory off the Balearic Islands, a task force of the French Navy moved in and caught a Spanish light cruiser trying to escape the carnage off Palma. It was destroyed without any French casualties.

Meanwhile, to the north, the bulk of the French navy moved in and bombarded the great port of Barcelona. The garrison was destroyed without problem, and following the attack, elements of the French Second Army, led by a regiment of cuirassiers, paraded through the streets of the city. They were greeted by a wildly cheering populace, extatic to be freed from the horrors of General AI's totalitarian regime. Generals of the French Army High Command are presently planning the liberation of the rest of France in conjunction with Italian and English General Staffs. The Russians, as important Entente members, are also present at these meetings, although they do not at present have forces participating in the peace-keeping mission. Leading Entente Generals, with the might of Italy, France, Britain and Russia behind them, anticipate the liberation of Spain to proceed quickly and with no problems.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1901may.net (203.3 KB, 3 views)
Old February 10, 2002, 10:40   #203
The ANZAC
King

Russia Declares War on Spain

In response to the Brutality of General AI, the Russian Empire has had no choice but to declare war on Spain. A Russian task force of naval vessels has already been dispatched under clearance from the Entente. We plan to support the landings and destroy any of the remaining Spanish fleet.

Riots in Petrograd!

Today in Petrograd, multitudes of rioters attempted to storm the German Embassy and burn it to the ground. However, the police did manage to hold them back. They think the Blockade of Sweden and the encirclement of the Russian navy are acts of war and should be immediately reversed. The Foreign Minister has sent a communique to Germany, but they have yet to respond...
Old February 10, 2002, 15:12   #204
Soundwave
Prince

can we move it abit, coz its getting abit boring and i haven't lost interest yet, but i think everyone has... so what can we do about that? War sounds good
Old February 10, 2002, 16:08   #205
The ANZAC
King

It's El Awrence's turn, but it's been less than a day since the save was posted. So no rush, he still has more than 24 hours.
Old February 10, 2002, 21:46   #206
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 16:15
Chancellor von Karreras has demanded the free passage of German Armored Cruisers which are literally being "held hostage" by Russian and British ships off Gotenborg. Additionally, he has added that until its release, Russian ships that have tresspassed into German waters around the new province of Denmark will be held back.

Another demand has fallen in the British desk of Foreign Affairs as British ships CONTINUE despite previous demands, to cruise in German waters off Denmark.

Russian units have also been spotted outside Poznan and Lemberg and Germany DEMANDS that these units be WITHDRAWN without any further delay from the German border. In fact, these units are INVADING German territory and they WILL be withdrawn.

Denmark has been officially annexed to the German Reich after the capitulation of Copenhaguen and the approval of the Reichstag. It is now a new province of the Reich and as such shall continue to prosper under the rule of Berlin.
Attached Files:
File Type: net germany1901may.net (203.3 KB, 3 views)
Old February 11, 2002, 05:43   #207
Cyrion
King

OK, got the save !!!

So, before Soundwave complains , I'll play tonight!!

By the way, thanks for keeping things moving, Soundwave!! We all need a kick from time to time to make sure we play fast...

Last edited by Cyrion; February 11, 2002 at 08:27.
Old February 11, 2002, 13:44   #208
Cyrion
King

Speaking for His Magnificence the Sultan, the Grand Vizier Cyrion announced today that the Russian ships heading to Spain for peace-keeping purposes with the Entente were welcome to resupply in the Ottoman ports!

Apart from that, not much to say about what's happening in the Empire

OOC:

Soundwave, here you go...
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1901may_turk.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old February 11, 2002, 15:10   #209
Soundwave
Prince

The Ryal Navy Blockade

The Royal Navy Today set up blockades outside Amsterdam and Sent the the reminding Naval Monsters to support the Russian Fleet in the Baltic.

British Cabinet Rejects Claims

As President Richards stood telling them War was needed the House of Commons voted once more and decided not to go to War. President Richards Outraged stormed out of the House of Commons Raving, not the best thing to do coming from an English gentleman.

Med Fleet Meets

The Med Fleet today met up with the Italian Fleet finally in the Aradatic, to have 'Naval Games' off the Coast of Italy.

More Support

The Ottoman Empire in need of everything today got approval of the Predsident as the President sent word with Scientists how Econmics (stock exchange) works. This should come in handy.
Attached Files:
File Type: net britishturn.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old February 11, 2002, 16:39   #210
Exile
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Curiousity
I'm just wondering, but where are you people in terms of military technology? It seems like you're all about to dive into a full-scale war, and that sounds fun, but I would like to know what kind of troops you will all be using.

Thanks,
Exile
"Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.