Old March 22, 2002, 02:49   #151
Beren
Warlord

Local Time: 20:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Julius Ceasar and Alexander the Great are both leaders of their civ. It would be odd to make them heros as well.
Old March 22, 2002, 02:56   #152
easthaven

It wouldn't be odd. Both Julius Ceasar and Alexander the Great led their civilizations in real life yet they also went to war with their troops and fought on the battlefield. In reality they were leaders, heroes, and superb military commanders. Therefore they should be on the list for heroes.

Besides, it would be cool to have the Emperor fighting on the battlefields leading his army.

Old March 22, 2002, 10:03   #153
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 15:21
It would be odd to add J. Ceasar & Alexander, what if they were killed, would you have to quit the game?

Sorry, don't intend to be rude. I just agree with the decision to not have the Civ leaders as heros also.

Peace

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old March 22, 2002, 16:36   #154
easthaven

Well if they die you could always say they retreated back home or somethin. Its a risk they took in reality. And what about that Civ2 scenario where Napoleon was a unit and he was also the leader of the civ.

Old March 22, 2002, 17:25   #155
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 15:21
True, guess you could say that he got hit on the head and was overlooked in the looting. And boy o boy, the next time he goes into the field with his modern armor, the civ that got him the first time had better watch out.

I don't think that I'll add them to my game, but that is the beauty of each of us being able to do our own mod's.

Does anybody know if the list has ever been compiled into a file and posted anywhere? I havn't seen anything from kickasso in a while. If not, perhaps next week I will go back through all the posts, make a list and post it.

Peace

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old March 22, 2002, 18:52   #156
easthaven

Quote:
True, guess you could say that he got hit on the head and was overlooked in the looting. And boy o boy, the next time he goes into the field with his modern armor, the civ that got him the first time had better watch out.
LOL

Old March 23, 2002, 08:51   #157
Beren
Warlord

Local Time: 20:21
Whenever I play a game, I alter the name of the leader to my own. In that case there is nothing that stops Ceasar and Alexander being heros.
If I am right you cannot check ennemy hero names.
Old March 23, 2002, 12:43   #158
jasev
staff
Spanish CiversScenario League / Civ2-CreationPtWDG2 Latin LoversApolytoners Hall of FamePSPB Team Español

Local Time: 21:21
Quote:
Originally posted by easthaven
Besides, it would be cool to have the Emperor fighting on the battlefields leading his army.
And what do we do when the Emperor dies in battle? The "retreat" option doesn't convince me. If he's dead, he's dead.:doitnow:
And the player is supposed to be that emperor, so the game should be over.

And an electric discharge coming from the keyboard should fry the player to simulate death.... ooops, excuse me, just thinking too loud.
"Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico