Old May 21, 2002, 08:49   #241
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Welcome! Whenever you see a thread labelled "Poll" at its' start, that is one where there is a place to vote. At the moment there aren't many polls going, except for the one agreeing on the plan to attack a certain Egyptian city.

You will find more information elsewhere - especially in -Jrabbit's excellent embellished history of our Civilization (a little behind at the moment), and in my recently topped thread titled "All important decisions to date - A VPs report ". Just read the threads, get to know the various characters hanging around, learn what happens, and you'll come to enjoy putting your own views up, or just mindlessly agreeing, or deliberately voting for the banana in all the polls (that's a long story!).

We are currently in the middle of decision time, where the elected "Ministers" have polled for the people to decide on certain actions, and they are now letting the President know what to do. When this is over, President cavebear will play the game for a while, based on all their recommendations. He will then let us know what happened, and the whole process starts again...

If all this is too much, just sit back and watch us a week or two. You'll get the hang of it.

Vice President
MrWIA.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old May 21, 2002, 15:10   #242
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 14:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
where can we download the game to look at it? can we? its a little hard to get into the game wihtout knowing what's been happening...
Old May 21, 2002, 16:24   #243
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Local Time: 13:28
Where relevant, ministers should provide screenshots to enhance their blather. Maybe it's time to provide a map thread? A place to just post maps of the empire at certain times...

The history thread is slowly being updated, as well. Among the countless short posts you will find a detailed history of events that have thus far unfolded.

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old May 21, 2002, 17:06   #244
shade
Civilization II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 20:28
maybe something cavebear can do afterhis next play: post the entire map (cut into little pieces => really usefull for our warplanning), something like I did in the old days

Shade
Old May 21, 2002, 17:51   #245
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Ah, Shade. already living in the past...

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old May 21, 2002, 17:54   #246
shade
King

Quote:
Originally posted by -Jrabbit
Ah, Shade. already living in the past...
Old May 21, 2002, 19:24   #247
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

H Tower, it was long ago agreed that the Ministers should have access to the savegame, but it would not be available to all. It is the Ministers' job to keep the populace informed of all that happens within their realm, and if they are doing their job correctly, it should not be too hard to picture the game (it will never be quite the same I know, but close enough).

Old May 22, 2002, 01:54   #248
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

from what i've seen, it should be easy to understand what's happening if you been here since the begining, but if you jsut joined like me, it's a little harder. but i fully understand the reason why the game is not available to all. guess i'll just have to keep reading
Old May 22, 2002, 02:53   #249
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

That'll do ya, H Tower. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me or post them. Any of the Ministers (reported in the Council thread at the top) SHOULD be willing to help you out too.

But try not to bother President cavebear - us lowly Ministers are there to answer for him, and I know how demanding his post can be.

Old May 22, 2002, 19:52   #250
rogue9_oz
Settler

Local Time: 05:28
I'm interested in being involved. Will read through the thread to get the guist of what's happenin'.
Old May 23, 2002, 02:40   #251
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Welcome fellow Antipodean!

Once you get into things it's really rather fun!

Old May 23, 2002, 02:52   #252
Ren
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Warlord

Yeh I might as well join the festivities, I might be able to teach youse how an e-democracy really works....

herr_ren@gmx.net
Old May 23, 2002, 03:03   #253
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Aha. A CFC vet. This could get interesting...

Welcome! Let's see what happens next.

Old May 23, 2002, 03:13   #254
Ren
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Warlord

That was a quick reply

One question: what difficulty is this game on?

herr_ren@gmx.net
Old May 23, 2002, 03:17   #255
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

The Vice President must be vigilant...

Deity. If you look at the thread titled "All important decisions to date-... ", you'll find a whole lotta useful info I compiled on us and the game.

Old May 23, 2002, 23:46   #256
Mr Bunny
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:28
This sounds interesting. I'd like to give it a shot
Old May 24, 2002, 07:55   #257
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Welcome Mr Bunny! Nice to see you here.

BTW, I heard you dropped in on the RAH MP game last Friday. Condolences.

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old May 24, 2002, 09:39   #258
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Yes welcome!

Have a look around, you should find out most of what you need to know, and if not, just ask!

Old May 26, 2002, 23:00   #259
Bigcash
Settler

I'm in. This sounds really cool.
Old May 26, 2002, 23:08   #260
A Cow Killed ME
Settler

i want to become a citizen
A Cow killed me
Old May 27, 2002, 00:37   #261
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Aha. A CFC vet. This could get interesting...
i'm a CFC vet too, but i cut back on my forum time and had to drop it. besides, they weren't as understanding about spam as poly is, just look at the goats and such thread, that would have lasted all of 15 seconds at cfc
Old May 27, 2002, 09:05   #262
Gen. Hancock
Settler

I'm in, but I'd really like to know how this democracy game works.

Gen. Hancock
Old May 27, 2002, 09:08   #263
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Welcome General! We are in the middle of electing a new Council to "rule" for a month. A lot of info is in my thread title "All important decisions to date" somewhere on the page.

If that's not enough, feel free to ask something specific. Most here are happy to help. I would - but sleep is calling me.

Good luck!

Old May 27, 2002, 12:29   #264
Bigcash
Settler

Where can we get a copy of the latest savegame?
Old May 27, 2002, 14:14   #265
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

only the council gets it

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 27, 2002, 15:51   #266
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Most information can be found in the "Our World in xxxx AD" thread.

Old May 27, 2002, 16:21   #267
Gen. Hancock
Settler

Well I looked at the Our World xxxx AD thread and it was very interesting. I did not look at it very long though. I do have a few questions and some possible suggestions though.

1) Are we at war with anyone and with who?

2) What technology do we have?

3) What economic structure do we have?

1) If we are at war with the Americans or Romans end the war with them, establish commerce with them and make them our allies.

2) Capitalism is always better that Communism.

3) Abandon foriegn millitary outposts unless currently at war, and if they are the Americans or Romans.
Old May 27, 2002, 17:32   #268
shade
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Gen. Hancock
Well I looked at the Our World xxxx AD thread and it was very interesting. I did not look at it very long though. I do have a few questions and some possible suggestions though.

1) Are we at war with anyone and with who?
Egypt
Quote:
2) What technology do we have?
see the xxxAD thread there you have a screenshot of the science-screen.
Quote:
3) What economic structure do we have?
you mean govt?--> commie, best way to support our army and get rid of our unhappiness (Rep & Demo would destroy us now)

Quote:
1) If we are at war with the Americans or Romans end the war with them, establish commerce with them and make them our allies.
The Romans are in a containment-project(so we can abuse them for trade (one of my accomplishments as SMC the second month )
The Americans are a pain,no real peace possible and will be wiped out right after the Egyptians.
(BTW allies you must be joking=>MGE+Deity+we are the only human player )

Quote:
2) Capitalism is always better that Communism.
--> ... (if you mean gov--> see above)
Quote:
3) Abandon foriegn millitary outposts unless currently at war, and if they are the Americans or Romans.

abandon cities???

Shade --> you rae scaring me man.
Old May 27, 2002, 18:23   #269
Kropotkin
Emperor

Local Time: 21:28
As there seems to be no limitations or obligations in joining I'll look into all this and futher development as a common citizen.
Old May 27, 2002, 18:29   #270
shade
King

where do they keep comming from last week I think we had a dozen new citizens....is the myth of a glorious far-away empire spreading over the internet???Are the ppl from all over this planet drawn to the magnificent light of our communist civilization... and this in a capitalist world... whaaawwww

Shade