Old February 1, 2002, 11:08   #61
ShuShu
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Your wish is my command...
You need to come up with new strategies to win CivIII, and you're not a very good player.

I mean, it was much more enjoyable when I ALWAYS beat the AI to a wonder,because, well Brian Renolds didn't think I was mature enough to handle losing a race every now and then.

I agree. Firaxis absolutely lost sight of the fact that a lot of its clientel are social reject geeks dependant on beating up an AI as their only sense of self esteem. I mean, they really need to consider the broader social impact of taking this away...

PS. I consider being social reject geek to be praise. Being a social reject geek who whines for his mommy every time he loses a tank is just pathetic. Err sorry, loses his Great Wonder. Wonder what freud would say about that...
Old February 1, 2002, 11:17   #62
Azrikam
Chieftain

Quote:
PS. I consider being social reject geek to be praise. Being a social reject geek who whines for his mommy every time he loses a tank is just pathetic. Err sorry, loses his Great Wonder. Wonder what freud would say about that...
He'd say "The f*ckin' Romans just beat me to the Pyramids! B*stards!!!"
Old February 1, 2002, 13:09   #63
ShuShu
Chieftain

Aye...
... But I fear he'ld be far more fixated on the Lighthouse
Old February 1, 2002, 13:12   #64
Snorklis
Settler

Local Time: 20:31
Re: Combat clarity
Quote:
Originally posted by Murtin

Because the system IS just. On average, luck will cancel out. What wouldn't be fair is avoiding negative outcomes altogether by reloading the game upon suffering a military disaster. The way it works now you will occasionally be dealt a particularly bad sequence by the random number generator and you have to deal with it. Granted, you can still reload the game and "choose your losses" by letting less important units take the bad breaks in less important battles, but you can't avoid that bad sequence completely. Which is A Good Thing, in my opinion.
Well, you really have to explain this to me. If I bought this game for my money, I would like to do what I want with it. If their is no official competition sponsored by Firaxis and everyone is obligated to join, then I cant see the point to put limitations like this into the game. It really comes down to the fact it should be my choice and nobody elses. Put this as an option in the game, that would be good and cant be to hard, really?...
Old February 1, 2002, 14:08   #65
Zachriel
King

Local Time: 15:31
Re: Re: Combat clarity
Quote:
Originally posted by Snorklis
Well, you really have to explain this to me. If I bought this game for my money, I would like to do what I want with it. If their is no official competition sponsored by Firaxis and everyone is obligated to join, then I cant see the point to put limitations like this into the game. It really comes down to the fact it should be my choice and nobody elses. Put this as an option in the game, that would be good and cant be to hard, really?...
Saving the seed is no different than shuffling the deck before the game starts. The order of the cards has already been decided. What you are doing is basically peaking at the cards, so you can plan your play, but you are prevented from changing the order of the cards.

The frustration evident in your posts clearly indicates that you are giving the game a lot of effort. Just try to have a little more umph in your attacks. When combined with your obvious determination, you will prevail.