Old January 19, 2002, 18:59   #1
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

Local Time: 15:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Worker Timetable?
I know I saw it *somewhere* in this section, but I can't remember which thread (or a suitable keyword). Does someone have a table of the base times to conduct various worker actions? I want to set up efficient teams of workers (including half-effective foreigners). Thanks.

-- Hermann
Old January 19, 2002, 20:05   #2
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 12:35
Re: Worker Timetable?
Quote:
Originally posted by Hermann the Lombard
I know I saw it *somewhere* in this section, but I can't remember which thread (or a suitable keyword). Does someone have a table of the base times to conduct various worker actions? I want to set up efficient teams of workers (including half-effective foreigners). Thanks.

-- Hermann
You'll be able to find that info if you go into your Editor. There's a section called Worker Jobs, I believe.
Old January 19, 2002, 20:50   #3
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Or just figure it out in-game

Hover your mouse cursor over the worker action you want performed. It will say something like 8 turns, for instance. You will then need another 7 of the same type of workers to complete that task in 1 turn.

Remember that 2 foreign workers equals 1 native worker.
And not every task needs an even amount of foreign workers.
Old January 19, 2002, 21:04   #4
Minmaster
Warlord

Local Time: 11:35
how about a foreign worker from an industrious civ?
this is probably a stupid question but do foreign workers (captured or bought) from an industrious civ work any faster than regular foreign workers?
Old January 19, 2002, 21:19   #5
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I think they work at half your normal speed, whatever that may be. So it would not matter if they were IND, only if you were.
Old January 20, 2002, 20:30   #6
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

And if you are industrius, then your captured workers will work just as fast as other nations payed workers do!!
Old January 21, 2002, 14:15   #7
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

My apologies to all for being a lazy slug...but I suspect that the Civilopedia entries are not entirely correct. I kinda wanted to make a table including tasks I couldn't perform yet, so I couldn't entirely use the "hover over the button" method.

SkB: All of the Civilopedia entries are even numbers from 6 to 16 turns, so it would seem I would always want even numbers of workers (foreign or domestic). Seems as if teams of 2 or 3 workers (4 or 6 foreign, or combo thereof) would be optimal. Most basic tasks are divisible by both 2 and 3. Hmm...does terrain change some of these to odd numbers? That would make sense.

I gather that planting trees was an "odd" item, pre-patch.
Old January 21, 2002, 15:12   #8
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hermann the Lombard
My apologies to all for being a lazy slug...but I suspect that the Civilopedia entries are not entirely correct. I kinda wanted to make a table including tasks I couldn't perform yet, so I couldn't entirely use the "hover over the button" method.

SkB: All of the Civilopedia entries are even numbers from 6 to 16 turns, so it would seem I would always want even numbers of workers (foreign or domestic). Seems as if teams of 2 or 3 workers (4 or 6 foreign, or combo thereof) would be optimal. Most basic tasks are divisible by both 2 and 3. Hmm...does terrain change some of these to odd numbers? That would make sense.

I gather that planting trees was an "odd" item, pre-patch.
Speaking of numbers, does anyone know whether the defence numbers of a unit uses fractions? My guess is no, but I could be wrong. Here's why I ask. I was thinking of the Archer with a defence number of 1. Stick him in a forest at 25% bonus and unless the game uses fractions, it gets no bonus from the terrain since that would be 1.25. Same with Hills, 1.5. It's only in the Mountains that it gets any terrain bonus at all with 2. If it works the way I think it does then even a Pikeman doesn't get a terrain bonus in Forests, in fact only units with numbers 4 and up would gain any benefit, meaning Musketmen or better. Anyone have any insights into this matter?
Old January 21, 2002, 18:09   #9
mengo76
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:35
also remember that in a democracy your workers work 50% faster, and replaceable parts further doubles their speed. and being in anarchy makes them slower, not sure exactly but i think makes them take twice as long (3 times as long as in democracy) after factoring industriuosness and replaceable parts (dunno how being foreign affects this)
Old January 21, 2002, 20:29   #10
Skanky Burns

Hermann: Only use the civilopedia as a general indication of what stuff do: but not for detailed correct information
In the editor you can find the actual numbers (yes, Im too lazy too)

Or you can find out ingame. Heres a picture to get you on the right track
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	buttons.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	8870  
Old January 21, 2002, 22:42   #11
Nero Would
Chieftain

If you can open or view Excel files, my CivStats spreadsheet (http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=34054) lists all the worker jobs on the terrain page. It also shows how to calculate the number of turns to complete the job for all the terrains, government types, civ types, etc.
Old January 21, 2002, 22:44   #12
Soren Johnson
PtWDG Gathering StormC4WDG The GooniesC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 ParticipantsApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Realms Beyond
Civilization IV Lead Designer

Quote:
Originally posted by Willem

Speaking of numbers, does anyone know whether the defence numbers of a unit uses fractions? My guess is no, but I could be wrong. Here's why I ask. I was thinking of the Archer with a defence number of 1. Stick him in a forest at 25% bonus and unless the game uses fractions, it gets no bonus from the terrain since that would be 1.25. Same with Hills, 1.5. It's only in the Mountains that it gets any terrain bonus at all with 2. If it works the way I think it does then even a Pikeman doesn't get a terrain bonus in Forests, in fact only units with numbers 4 and up would gain any benefit, meaning Musketmen or better. Anyone have any insights into this matter?
the combat system, does use fractions, so a warrior in a forest has a def. value of 1.25.
Old January 21, 2002, 23:09   #13
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Soren Johnson Firaxis

the combat system, does use fractions, so a warrior in a forest has a def. value of 1.25.
Why thank you very much!

And people say you guys never come around!
Old January 22, 2002, 04:46   #14
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Originally posted by Soren Johnson Firaxis
I was suspecting that, the enemy warriors/horsemen on mountains were having just a bit too much luck... and so were my horsemen when they were on the receiving end of attacks.

But a big thanks for the confirmation Soren
Old January 22, 2002, 13:02   #15
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Hermann: Only use the civilopedia as a general indication of what stuff do: but not for detailed correct information
In the editor you can find the actual numbers (yes, Im too lazy too)

Or you can find out ingame. Heres a picture to get you on the right track
Please, Skanky, I know where to hover! Besides, the right track comes later when I get railroads. (g,d,r)

Actually, it's nice that the turns displayed factor in any other workers already laboring in that square.