Old August 29, 2000, 00:07   #2
chatgr
Warlord

Local Time: 00:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
This is thread about civilization in 10 -20 years
That could be civ-10 or whatever.
I want it to have
Able to speak to it order units mayors directly.
Able to understand you logic and tactic exactly and replicate it.
Able for A I so smart like playing multiplayer now.
3-d virtual reality map
Each same unit slightly different have
different personality
A.I able to beat me without stealing same resources
Or ai that will have strategy not only tactic.
Ability to call forum such as apolyton through game and persuade someone to replace an A.I in your game.
Civ Ladder .One for the whole world.
For multiplayer A.I would understand your style and arrange most suitable players for multiplayer for maximim fan.
A.I able to make her own decisions and make scenarios based on your personality and style of play for maximum fun.
A.I replicate real leaders like thatcher as morgan stalin as hive gandi as peacekeepers !!!
Old August 31, 2000, 20:15   #3
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Civ XXXI and Civ RTS XX

Both are multiplayer games; one turn-based the other Real-Time.

Both are 1.9 million unit sellers a year.

Both allow you to edit the internal game specs and make the game the way you want to.
You will be able to edit the stats and basic design on the land the height of lands etc.

Incorporation with Alpha Centauri III and Dinosaurs II will be complete as you take a mouse through the lives of Dinosaurs and watch it "Evolve" in the game Evolve I into a human and then found a "Civilization" in Civilization XXXI and finally rocket to "Alpha Centauri" In Alpha Centauri III. Then you see the humans meld with the planet-mind and get drawn into the diplomatic and philosophical book "Where have we gone" written by Sid Meier but technically ghostwritten by Michael Chricton, 25 Historical Experts, David Drake, etc.

etc.

Everyone should read and contribute to this thread of high-born wishes.
Old September 1, 2000, 08:00   #4
UltraSonix
King

Local Time: 10:29
What a cool thread!

In civ-XXIV (so not in 10=20 yrs, more like 50yrs):

*The AI should be so powerful that after watching you play for one game, it'll have developed it own strategy to knock you over the next time.

*The player will have a god-like view of the completely 3-d map, with zooming so powerful you can see a tiny ant, if you so wished. You'll also be able stand with you citizens anywhere - join the crew of a bomber, sail on the high seas as your galleon searches for the new world...

*Units and cities will be controlled by voice.

*you'll be able to speak to, and interact with, your ministers/citizen. eg your phalanx'll be able to recognise your facial expressions - if you're angry, they'll know to march harder.

*Sigh*.

------------------
No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
Old September 8, 2000, 05:09   #5
Father Beast
King

Local Time: 17:29
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I'm thinking that by 2020, civ will be a massively multiplayer online game. An integrated system will allow some players to manage cities, command armies, set general policy. a form of turn based sim city will be for city managers, a wargame will be integrated for army commanders, and a civ interface for rulers. Your high council meetings will be online, and Alexander's horse will tell you that we need to go bonk some heads.

oh, and there will be a single player mode with the city managers and army commanders handled by hand picked or customized AI.
Old September 8, 2000, 08:55   #6
rremus
Warlord

There should be a network of civ engines on the internet. Each engine would host an online game. Of curse, the map would be infinite and the game would never end (rise and fall of civilisations).
These engines would comunicate to each other, learning from experience. As the network evolves, the AI would be harder and harder to beat. In 4-5 years, all human players would ally against the unbeatable AI of the net of CIV engines.
Some hackers would give acces for the AI engine to real word devices (anyway, our coffee maker and toasters WILL be controled from the net then, wouldn't they?). The civ AI will then control production in in real word, using it against its human opponents.
Anyway, the price will worth it, only to play a endless game against an unbeatable AI on an infinite map
Old September 8, 2000, 09:38   #7
Adm.Naismith
King

Local Time: 01:29
By this time Civ memory will be like Pong and Pacman now: some of us still involved in playing games will remember it in a myst of sweet nostalgia.

Some shareware / opensource will try to emulate it on new wearable PC and microwave/fridge door screen.

Microsoft or Sony will publish a remake: "a completely rewritten and enhanced classic, keeping all the original feeling while adding new features", supporting biohardware and most of the computer paraphernalia will be there at the time (ready to be replaced in a bunch of days with more enhanced one).

Will lock at that at the shelf, sigh and keep playing something else, leaving that to boys and girls so young they never know a "Yin26's The List 5" existed.

------------------
Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
Old September 8, 2000, 13:37   #8
Temudschin Dschingis Khan
Settler

The Ultimate Civilization will be easy to describe. It just will be like the real world. If you are a leader of a mighty nation and you want some tea with another ruler, hey, who would say no.
It will be like a huge, huge, huge Terrarium and you (as God) look on your Civ.
You can control it completely, but you also have your minions like chancelors, ministers and so on, who can take your work.
You can make war, you can make peace. You can begin Blitzkriege or lay siege to a fortress. Your strategies arenīt narrowed by the programmcode. You want something and it is done. Why not build a pyramid which is 10 size the original (in the year 2300, of course...).
Hey, look there in this tiny land... thereīs a man who calls himself Jesus and creates a great fuzz because of his new religion. Crucify him or support this religion? Itīs the players choice.
Oh, no! Hitler wants CSR to be part of the Reich. Shall we attack Germany or keep our appeasement politic straight??
Thatīs the world, thatīs history, itīs civilization!

------------------
----Mongolia Rules------
Old September 13, 2000, 21:27   #9
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

CIV V (2004) Palm Pilot-PC-Mac-Internet Game
You can alter the size of the structures for prestige and effect and build several things at
once by distributing shields or 'resource allocation points' to each building and still have a
backup queue and 'smart' governors for each of your cities.
Old September 14, 2000, 06:01   #10
Adm.Naismith
King

DarkCloud:
quote:

CIV V (2004) Palm Pilot-PC-Mac-Internet Game

Wow! Do you mean my PALM III will be enough to play CIV V? Do it need the expansion to 8MB RAM?

Oh well, I know we already have Simcity 1 available for Palm IIIc, still any realistic Palm screen view area is... a bit too little for a Civ?

------------------
Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
Old September 14, 2000, 15:52   #11
beyowulf
Chieftain

It will be VR with direct neural interface, and allow you actually move around in the palace, and you would be able to receive reports on parchment, in the Ancient Era and whatnot.

Old September 14, 2000, 16:00   #12
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 03:29
Civ on Palm : boy that's lotsa scrolling ......

I sure hope that the computer will be revolutionized . Quantum computers are a possibility in the long term . come to think about it , an electron has 32 quantum conditions and 32=2*2*2*2*2 that means that there is no more bit . even the Hexa is faraway . but now about the game .

in my dream of an Techno eutopia You can choose to take a vacation every 4th life time , with immortality achieved by the next stage after mind-machine interface , brain copying .imagine that . a vacation of a life time . if You then go to a cyber-center in which you're plugged to a Matrix-looking device .
you can choose a few courses :

a) simple person that tries to reach the top cource nowadays known as RPG.
b) lotsa action nowadays know as 3D shooters and combat simulators .
c) *special* a Year long game as a leader of a civ .
from ancient time to reality . you begin as a leader of a tribe. you try to dominate the world ....
d) also lots of other fiction based scenarios .....

Next Millenium in the closest eehhh... what kinda entertainment center do you have?... to your home .

------------------
We don't prohibit smoking . We discourage inhaling .
Old September 14, 2000, 16:53   #13
Ribannah
Queen

Location: The Netherlands, Embassy of the Iroquois Confederacy
quote:

Originally posted by Temudschin Dschingis Khan on 09-08-2000 01:37 PM
The Ultimate Civilization will be easy to describe. It just will be like the real world.

No, no, it will BE the real world! By then surely we will have dumped the present reality as it misses that one essential feature: the save/reload function

------------------
If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
Old September 14, 2000, 17:41   #14
shmily_dana
Warlord

Maybe the 'Q' are playing civiliztion with us...
Old September 16, 2000, 00:10   #15
UltraSonix
King

Local Time: 10:29
We are all in the Matrix, and don't even know it...

------------------
No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
Old October 25, 2000, 09:25   #16
Father Beast
King

Local Time: 17:29
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I am thinkng that, as the next generation of TBS, huge online games would be had with 20 - 30 civs, and the micromanagement could be high, but only one turn passes per day. Each player logs on and does his turn each day, makes his moves, reads his reports, etc. if you don't log on, the AI takes your turn for you, so it's better to take your turn yourself.
a game of civ could take months. not for RTS fans of cheap thrills.