Old January 20, 2002, 02:25   #1
miloII
Settler

Local Time: 12:36
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Has there been any word about another patch?
I have stopped playing the game, because of the snails pace of the end game, primarily because of there being no stacked movement. I have otherwise enjoyed the game but it is by far the slowest end game I have ever experienced.

I do not enjoy the rush build type of game so I prefer to play on large maps; but by the end of the game...zzzz

I hope Firaxis addresses this problem, has there been any indications as to when and/or if there will be a patch and what may be included in the patch?
Old January 20, 2002, 05:13   #2
Libertarian
King

Local Time: 14:36
Quote:
as to when
No.

Quote:
or if
Sort of. Confidence among cryptographers is high.

Quote:
what may be included
Firaxis believes that its own interests are best served by silence. The interests of consumers are irrelevant.

(edited for Usage Panel conformity)

Last edited by Libertarian; January 20, 2002 at 05:45.
Old January 20, 2002, 10:34   #3
CharlesUFarley
Prince

Local Time: 11:36
Quote:
Originally posted by Libertarian
Firaxis believes that its own interests are best served by silence. The interests of consumers are irrelevant.

(edited for Usage Panel conformity)
Hey Lib - did you catch this latest "review" on poly ? This one in peticular really fuels my anger, especially the bold interface!

Quote:
At last, [CivIII] has arrived and it has remained true to the basic principles of its predecessors -- but it has been improved and modified to make it more playable than ever before, the gaming afficado begins. Later, he comments that [t]he lack of multiplayer is partially made up for by the inclusion of a detailed and thorough editor which grants the player a very large amount of freedom to tinker about with pretty much every facet of the game.
I can't believe they have the nerve to post something like that without thinking it through or actually thoroughly testing the editor with it's large list of limitations, simply pathetic. The only way they can stand behind that review is with the hope of a free "editor patch upgrade" but fat chance of that happening for free, or in reasonable time.

Charles.
Old January 20, 2002, 11:16   #4
Libertarian
King

Local Time: 14:36
Quote:
detailed and thorough editor which grants the player a very large amount of freedom to tinker about with pretty much every facet of the game

Why didn't the reviewer just write, "I've never played this game and have no idea what I'm talking about."?