Old January 21, 2002, 16:14   #31
x0darap
Settler

Local Time: 19:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Wow! Now that's a response!

Yeah, it looks like I'll have to find other ways to learn French. Dangit! I was really absorbing it well through Civ II.

I think my problem with playing Civ II again is that for one, it doesn't have the national borders which are an excellent improvement over the old school method. Civ II, while still a great game, just doesn't have the same impact on me now.

Well, as a "Settler", I guess this looks like a fine place to build a city sooooo...

b

City Name: "x0darapville"

Please keep me away from the OT section. I do have other things to do, you know (acquire food, pay rent, etc.)! Oh man, there's no getting away from it. You'll probably be hearing from over there in OT at some point for better or worse.

Not intended as spam or anything, but if any of you are looking to hear some new music (deep electronic, innovative yet inviting), I would really value any input you may have (since you're all such a "vocal" bunch). You can visit my Web page at www.t-dv.com (I also value input on the Web site too - designed it myself).

Take care, everyone!

- x0darap

P.S. Sorry to get off subject from the Infogrames/German thing. Honestly, I didn't fully absorb the conversation. All I can say is with big companies, usually it's the all-mighty-dollar that unfortunately takes precedence over the creation of a as-perfect-as-can-be product.

P.S.S I didn't want to end with a frown, so...
Old January 21, 2002, 16:34   #32
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 12:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by x0darap
Wow! Now that's a response!

Yeah, it looks like I'll have to find other ways to learn French. Dangit! I was really absorbing it well through Civ II.

I think my problem with playing Civ II again is that for one, it doesn't have the national borders which are an excellent improvement over the old school method. Civ II, while still a great game, just doesn't have the same impact on me now.

Well, as a "Settler", I guess this looks like a fine place to build a city sooooo...

b

City Name: "x0darapville"

Please keep me away from the OT section. I do have other things to do, you know (acquire food, pay rent, etc.)! Oh man, there's no getting away from it. You'll probably be hearing from over there in OT at some point for better or worse.

Not intended as spam or anything, but if any of you are looking to hear some new music (deep electronic, innovative yet inviting), I would really value any input you may have (since you're all such a "vocal" bunch). You can visit my Web page at www.t-dv.com (I also value input on the Web site too - designed it myself).

Take care, everyone!

- x0darap

P.S. Sorry to get off subject from the Infogrames/German thing. Honestly, I didn't fully absorb the conversation. All I can say is with big companies, usually it's the all-mighty-dollar that unfortunately takes precedence over the creation of a as-perfect-as-can-be product.

P.S.S I didn't want to end with a frown, so...
Well you could always consider doing the translation yourself, just don't advertise the fact that you are doing so, just in case. It would probably be a good exercise for you in writing the language. Pretty much everything is stored in the Text directory of the game folder.
Old January 21, 2002, 19:46   #33
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by ColdFever
Please let it be a polite reminder.
Just like infogames treatment of you, huh??

Quote:
the Infogrames lawyers still did not close the case on me. So any new trouble may come down hard on my shoulders again
Seriously, just dont do anything to them personally or translate your own copy of civ, and they wont be able to touch you.

Im boycotting infogames games too. I won't be contributing to a company that treats it customers with such contempt and loathing. Before you say "It was just Infogames Germany", Id like to remind you of the Limited Edition - complete with a cardboard cd container, just in case you felt the need to add extra scratches to your cd.

I could go on about this, but suffice to say Im not buying from infogames until they treat us like people, rather than 'fans that will beg us for anything we throw at them'
Old January 22, 2002, 03:42   #34
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hey x0darap...

did you ever try to install Civ2 with one of the language options already there? Spanish and German I believe. Would have really taken the hassle out of it...