Old January 23, 2002, 09:36   #1
Worthingtons
Prince

Local Time: 19:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Corruption Moaners....
Ok, There is so much moaning about Corruption in here it's unreal, but people have pointed out ways to combat this that people seem not to be taking heed to, i dont whether this is because these are found hidden in big threads but to anybody who doesnt mind changing the rules a little do this -

Increase Optimal number of cities,say by 50-75%

Look at some city improvements that you would say would decrease corruption, Temples, Banks,Barracks,Cathedrals would all realistically decrease corruption in a city, so tick 'decreases corruption in editor, as somebody pointed out - the same will apply to your rivals as you so it is not cheating!

Choose a Commercial Civ!!!

Download the Patch if you havent already!

After this you will still be left with corruption problems, but not crippling ones. Corruption makes the game very interesting, and adds strategical decisions, as Comrade Tribune has proven, some of it is good. There's just a little too much in the current version.
Old January 23, 2002, 13:57   #2
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 12:44
Re: Corruption Moaners....
Quote:
Originally posted by Rothy
Ok, There is so much moaning about Corruption in here it's unreal, but people have pointed out ways to combat this that people seem not to be taking heed to, i dont whether this is because these are found hidden in big threads but to anybody who doesnt mind changing the rules a little do this -

Increase Optimal number of cities,say by 50-75%

Look at some city improvements that you would say would decrease corruption, Temples, Banks,Barracks,Cathedrals would all realistically decrease corruption in a city, so tick 'decreases corruption in editor, as somebody pointed out - the same will apply to your rivals as you so it is not cheating!

Choose a Commercial Civ!!!

Download the Patch if you havent already!

After this you will still be left with corruption problems, but not crippling ones. Corruption makes the game very interesting, and adds strategical decisions, as Comrade Tribune has proven, some of it is good. There's just a little too much in the current version.
Or you can grab the Civ3CopyTool or hacked Editor and create a few more versions of the Forbidden Palace.
Old January 23, 2002, 16:22   #3
Allemand
Warlord

How many versions of the Forbidden Palace would you recommend? I think about 3 would be appropriate.
Old January 23, 2002, 16:32   #4
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 12:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Allemand
How many versions of the Forbidden Palace would you recommend? I think about 3 would be appropriate.
I guess that would depend on how big of an empire you want. I haven't gone far enough yet to know how many I'll need but so far I have about 7 of them. That might be overkill, but's it's better to have to many than not enough. The game won't let you add another one once you start playing. It won't load up your save game file.

P.S. If you go this route, be sure to read Plutarchs tutorial thread carefully. There's a potential problem with the splash screen graphics that you should be aware of. It was giving me all sorts of headaches for awhile. Gramphos might have fixed the problem in his latest version though, I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

P.S.P.S. Yes he did.

Last edited by Willem; January 24, 2002 at 16:37.
Old January 23, 2002, 23:42   #5
Aqualung
Chieftain

I suggested that. I don't know if you're refering to me, someone else might have also suggested it. I added Temples, Cathedrals, Marketplaces and Banks. The effect is amazing.
Old January 24, 2002, 06:54   #6
Worthingtons
Prince

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion , I implemented it too with great sucess hence my post here.

The only exception is, while I mentioned it in this thread, I didnt use a cathedral as i didnt want to take the effects away TOO Much of corruption (especially with me being a commercial civ )