Old October 29, 2000, 06:31   #1
Ralf
King

Local Time: 01:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Some "independant" thoughts
OK, the Sign-up thread is closed. Not much i can do about that.
I thought Yin26 was in charge of the Civ-3 section.

Anyway, im thinking of posting a revised version of the thread later on, with this sentence deleted:
"The latter is the reason that i dont post this thread on the CTP-2 board. I post here instead".

Im also going to censor that word "bizzare". Is that going to be enough to ease your sensitive soul, MarkG?

Finally, with "independent" i was refeering to the *game-magazines*, hence "I dont trust commercial game-magazines so much".

And again: "i still keep my thumbs crossed wishing that the Activision-team shall succeed much better with the upcoming CTP-2. Both commercially and critically!" and "Of that reason, i really wish both the Activision-team and the Firaxis-team all the luck in the world!"

Now, thats pretty nice and positive statements, dont you agree?

Now, what do you say, MarkG? Lets not take these things so seriously shall we.

[This message has been edited by Ralf (edited October 29, 2000).]
Old October 29, 2000, 08:42   #2
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 20:30
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Ralf,

Some history: Markos has been a big supporter of CtP (and Civ) for a long, long time. Back in the day, things got pretty ugly around here as you can imagine with the anti-CtP people and the pro-CtP hurling senseless insults at each other. I think your post gave him a bad flashback. Just remember that CtP stuff should be posted on the CtP board, otherwise Markos is quite open-mined, and I don't think your thread would have been closed over there...

Anyway, Markos outranks me since this is his board. But I would have closed the thread myself or moved it to the CtP section. He just got there first.

Finally, since this is once again a thread about CtP, it will be closed. Hope you understand.