Old January 24, 2002, 23:51   #1
LoneSnark
Settler

Local Time: 14:48
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Most productive City in History!
Ahh the french. In civ3 they are both Industrious and Commercial. I have here a screen capture of the most productive city I have ever had the priviledge to see, much less found myself. Follow the link and see for yourself. If anyone has ever had a city this productive, let me know :-)
187 production, 499 commerce, and almost every city improvement known to France. (cool eh?)

http://152.7.61.232/civ3/ultraparis.jpg
Old January 25, 2002, 00:02   #2
MonsterMan
Warlord

Local Time: 20:48
I haven't gotten that far in my game, but being able to build Iron Works is essential for getting that high production. Having both flood plain and lots of mountains is nice too.
Old January 25, 2002, 06:54   #3
steelehc
Prince

Local Time: 10:48
As the Americans, Washington had 199 production. I forget what its commerce was, but I remember being pissed that I could not get it above 200. Iron Works, Nuclear power plant, factory, manufacturing plant, Hoover Dam, etc....

Steele
Old January 25, 2002, 07:12   #4
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Nice work, that city

With Iron works, 200+ cities are possible. Imagine 10 mountains or hills with 5 shields each (as seen at the picture), makes 50 raw shields. Factory and power plant add 2x50%=100%, makes 100. Iron works double, makes 200. Each extra shield adds to 200.

Now, imagine you have a few gold and/or gems tiles in that city, all scientific and monetary improvements, plus Cop/Newton/ResLab. That would give a huge commerce also. I think, your Paris has that. But I guess, such a city is rare, the odds probably are 1:1,000,000 or less .
Old January 25, 2002, 07:46   #5
MonsterMan
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
Now, imagine you have a few gold and/or gems tiles in that city, all scientific and monetary improvements, plus Cop/Newton/ResLab. That would give a huge commerce also. I think, your Paris has that. But I guess, such a city is rare, the odds probably are 1:1,000,000 or less .
Not necessarily. I build my monetary wonders in the city which has the potentially highest commerce, and my science wonders in the city with the highest commerce. Needless to say, after the first wonder this is the same city.
Old January 25, 2002, 08:56   #6
Easy Rhino
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:48
No.
I think LoneShark is cheating!

They key is the city improvements window. Look at the palace, temple, cathedral, they're all generating the BASE culture amounts, when they would have increased being in a town so old!

ER
Old January 25, 2002, 12:00   #7
LoneSnark
Settler

Local Time: 14:48
Oops. you caught me. That particular game I had used a date hack so I could keep playing. I never actually finished that particular game, but I was always so proud of that city I thought I would share it. (I do not know why, It was just the place the computer started me) Evidently a date hack screws up the culture point system. (I hadn't noticed) Anyway, that is the only game I ever cheated on, I only did it because I was trying to conquer the world and time was about to run out, oh well.

BTW, that city did not have the Iron Works mini-wonder, My island didn't actually have any coal on it, had to steal from neighbors :-)
Old January 25, 2002, 12:45   #8
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Re: No.
Quote:
Originally posted by Easy Rhino
I think LoneShark is cheating!

They key is the city improvements window. Look at the palace, temple, cathedral, they're all generating the BASE culture amounts, when they would have increased being in a town so old!

ER
Wow, I didn't pay attention . Are you working for the FBI?
Old January 25, 2002, 13:10   #9
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Local Time: 13:48
So what would the real game year be if this hadn't been cheated?

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.