Old January 25, 2002, 12:55   #1
me verhagen
Settler

Local Time: 19:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
new scenario's
I'm making some new scenario's and I am looking for some good ideas. I hope you have got some good ideas.

One is going about a queste, to find a sword to defeat a very strong evil unit. Angel, the main caracter has to travel al over the world to find the items needed to get the sword. It's real exiting.

I've created some simple ones already. One in a water world and in a split world. The object is a stage idea, first you have to level to a certain degree of advances giving avanced flying units to get aboard the border to challenge more stronger opponents.

hope you like it. previously post were in the wrong apolyton forum. I'm sorry for that.

Greetings from

ME
Old January 25, 2002, 13:23   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 21:49
Re: new scenario's
Quote:
Originally posted by me verhagen
I hope you have got some good ideas.
Yes I have a very idea an scenario like the Seven Samurai scenario with randomized locations of course that would require a lot of slic work, unfortunatly I have no time to do this job. But it would be very to have such an advanture scenario on an radom generated map.

-Martin
Old January 25, 2002, 13:23   #3
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 14:49
Go for it!

This is what the community needs - the creation of Scenarios. We have come to that stage now.

Personally, I would love to see something built off of my 'Cradle' modwork...

...but I'm too busy playing EU2 at the moment - and I cannot create SLIC, nor do I have the time to learn. Too many other things going on in my life.

I'm somewhat in semi-retirement from the CTP2 commuity in the fact that I am not currently playing the game and actively modding it. If players bring up Cradle-related issues though, I will fix and update files.

BTW - Has 'Mars' been permanently tabled?
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...
Old January 25, 2002, 14:06   #4
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Re: new scenario's
That's very good to hear, me verhagen

Quote:
One is going about a queste, to find a sword to defeat a very strong evil unit. Angel, the main caracter has to travel al over the world to find the items needed to get the sword. It's real exiting.
Sort of like the 7 Samurai scenario, I suppose? Sounds cool...

Quote:
I've created some simple ones already. One in a water world and in a split world. The object is a stage idea, first you have to level to a certain degree of advances giving avanced flying units to get aboard the border to challenge more stronger opponents.
Cool, I actually had this idea myself once I had made the CtP1 flat map code (I doubted between two fantasy worlds or an earth-moon/mars scenario) but eventually dismissed it because I knew I would never have enough time to work out a reasonable AI. With CtP2's AI this should be easier to realize though, esp. since you have the option to write some SLIC code to improve/help out the AI...

Quote:
hope you like it. previously post were in the wrong apolyton forum. I'm sorry for that.
Are you sure you're in the right forum now? We don't usually get many scenario makers around here, mostly modmakers But that makes us all the happier to see you

Hoe dan ook, veel succes!
Old January 25, 2002, 14:39   #5
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Since your name sounded vaguely familiar I checked out your previous posts and soon found your CtP1 scenarios (I actually vaguely remembered those ). I don't actually have CtP1 installed right now so I can't play them but judging from the files: good stuff!

The only thing I don't understand is why they got so little attention at the time (scenarios were as rare then as they are today)... Might have had something to do with the fact that your thread coincided with intensive discussion of a WWII scenario (something Gemini is still supposed to be working on ), but that's just speculation...
Old January 26, 2002, 08:16   #6
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 20:49
Good luck. Scenario making seems not to be as successful as it was in Civ2

Quote:
Originally posted by hexagonian
BTW - Has 'Mars' been permanently tabled?
Until the AI can be fixed, yes unfortunately. I recently put sun_tzu's TI fix in, hopefully that will negate the need for a huge lump of SLIC that the exe ought to have done in the first place (getting the AI to realise the whole map is uninhabitable, and changing it), but there are some issues to solve that I'm not quite ready to sort out yet.
Maybe next year.
Old January 28, 2002, 09:10   #7
The Big Mc
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

Good luck

I remember the first scenario i made it was a modified version of the magnificent samurai were you were a futuristic commando on an alien world

you have a lot of stuff to work out like the size of your map
any new units, time its set, new terrain’s and learning slic

if you need any help just pm me. I say this to every settler not just you.
Old February 3, 2002, 12:56   #8
FRITZ
Settler

Some ideas to scenarios:

it would be very effective if some guys work together by creating new scenarios. One creates the units, the second is planing a map with the cities, the third creates new slic-codes. A very good scenario needs a lot of work.

There is a lot of information hidden in the Apolyton-Forum. But we should put together the most important facts, that all guys can use the information.

I am planing a short introduction in map- and unit- making. I hope this will help for future work.

Fritz
Old February 3, 2002, 14:36   #9
Locutus
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by FRITZ
it would be very effective if some guys work together by creating new scenarios. One creates the units, the second is planing a map with the cities, the third creates new slic-codes. A very good scenario needs a lot of work.
Yes, having several (dedicated) people working on a scenario would indeed help a lot, it's quite possibly even a necessity. We had in total something like 5-10 people working on the Alexander the Great scenario (excluding playtesters) and the improved version still hasn't been finished (and probably never will be))...

Quote:
There is a lot of information hidden in the Apolyton-Forum. But we should put together the most important facts, that all guys can use the information.

I am planing a short introduction in map- and unit- making. I hope this will help for future work.
Yes, I agree that a (section of a) website dedicated to CtP2 modding (ala CtP1's modification section here on Apolyton) is really needed. I don't wanna bother Markos with something like that right now (while we're on a temporary server) but I'm working on finishing my own SLIC documentation and creating such a section for the 0catch/spaceports website. Unfortunately my schedule is constantly disrupted by events in my personal life so I'm not making much progress with anything right now.

It's very good to hear you're writing your own guides, we can always use any and all types of well-organized documentation (as opposed to poorly organized forum threads)
Old February 4, 2002, 08:40   #10
The Big Mc
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

New help documents I have one at home. I made a Copy of All the things one can put in a building I will put it on this tread if you want. It makes life simpler for new buildings to copy and past with no searching throw the building entries
Old February 5, 2002, 06:53   #11
Locutus
Deity

Euh... you mean something like this
Old February 11, 2002, 08:29   #12
The Big Mc
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

Yes just like that.
Some one always bets me to it.
Sorry my response took so long I have been dying of some kind of bug
Old February 12, 2002, 22:33   #13
Changmai Beagle
Warlord

Local Time: 12:49
Location: Corporate Warlord of the Great White North & Warmer Climes
Scenarios
I can't offer a lot in terms of programming, but one I started building a map for was Nantucket - for the Island in the Stream of Time (??) trilogy. You have just been thrown back in time to the age of the Trojan Wars. You start with one city on Nantucket island, a whole load of techs, one battleship, one tank, one plane, etc. (And one Samurai, of course)

The rest of the world is already populated with bronze age civilizations with armies, and most of the resources you need are spread out in other areas. Tech growth is infinitesmally slow.

The quest is to survive and conquer, and the biggest risk is that if you trade, or if you expand and your cities are sacked, the large bronze age civilizations will pick up your techs and whack you with them. As in the Alexander scenario, there would be certain benefits from some quest-like goals (Cross North America, Beat the Jaguar warriors of Central America, establish colony in England, etc.)
Old February 13, 2002, 11:01   #14
Locutus
Deity

Sounds very , Changmai Beagle, things in this community are getting better and better every day...
Old February 14, 2002, 06:12   #15
The Big Mc
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

There be whales there.

I take it your from Nantucket or you watched a program on the real moby ****.

Sounds cool any way.

The one I am working on at the moment is time based but that happens on alpha century were an alien race rip a hole in time and make there planet a living hell. you just happen to try to make a coloniy there. Plus you enemy from the gaia wars shows up and things get interesting when there version of dinosaurs show up.