Old January 28, 2002, 05:49   #1
Kramsib
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 21:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Location: PG's ID: 0000 Founder of PROGRESSIVE GAMES. Living in Leganés (Madrid), but born in SANTANDER
Civ editors, could you tell me,...?
I was so angry with Civ III's editor, because it is impossible to make Historic scenarios, that I leave the CIV III's General Forum looking for a sure value in CIV II's forums.

But I am here again, as you can see I became a Warlord thanks to the Spanish people who keep the essence of CIV II in the highest level, in fact, our forum is full of activity.

I am hearing about CIV III's patches and I want to give Firaxis a second chance. So, ... I wanted to know, from you guys, who are more informed about CIV III than anybody in the Civ-World, if there will be interesting changes in the edition tools like "flat worlds", placing cities and units (and changing animations), events, objective cities, .....

Thank you
Old January 28, 2002, 10:48   #2
Kramsib
Emperor

Location: PG's ID: 0000 Founder of PROGRESSIVE GAMES. Living in Leganés (Madrid), but born in SANTANDER
Ok, ok, ...
Ok, ignore me, I know you have read this thread again but you are still ignoring me, but I know that you know that we NEED that editor, we WANT that editor, because the essence of the Civ II's editor is in your mind, the Second World War Scenario are running inside you like your blood, because you do not want to start a game always in the ancient era, you want to revival The Crusades the Independence war, etc,...

Well, continue ignoring me and playing that "castrated" version of CIV

Old January 28, 2002, 10:58   #3
CharlesUFarley
Prince

Local Time: 11:52
Re: Civ editors, could you tell me,...?
Quote:
Originally posted by Kramsib
I was so angry with Civ III's editor, because it is impossible to make Historic scenarios, that I leave the CIV III's General Forum looking for a sure value in CIV II's forums.

But I am here again, as you can see I became a Warlord thanks to the Spanish people who keep the essence of CIV II in the highest level, in fact, our forum is full of activity.

I am hearing about CIV III's patches and I want to give Firaxis a second chance. So, ... I wanted to know, from you guys, who are more informed about CIV III than anybody in the Civ-World, if there will be interesting changes in the edition tools like "flat worlds", placing cities and units (and changing animations), events, objective cities, .....

Thank you
Kramsib - I've heard that they are currently working on either a patch or an expansion that will include a better editor or an extended addition to the one we currently have with Civ3. However, it would seem that Firaxis has more $$$ in mind than pleasing the fans, so I wouldn't raise any hopes.

But the answer is - they claim to be working on one now.

Charles.
Old January 28, 2002, 11:08   #4
Kramsib
Emperor

Thank God ....
Thank God, there is someone at the other side...

Thank you Charles for your valuable information...

Thank Firaxis for NOTHING

LONG LIVE FOR THE KING: CIVILIZATION II

Yes, it is true, Civ III means Civ II resurrection.
Old January 28, 2002, 11:55   #5
CharlesUFarley
Prince

Your welcome.
Quote:
Thank God, there is someone at the other side...

Thank you Charles for your valuable information...
No problemo.

Charles.
Old January 28, 2002, 17:20   #6
Raion
Prince

Local Time: 19:52
I don't see the problem, that stuff was not in the original Civ II either. It only came in later, so when did you people really buy Civ II, after it was all updated.

I see no difference with Civ III, in fact, the same method is still being used.

All that stuff was added to Civ II, and only later, after the game came out!

I really wonder about you people complaining about Civ III, it seems to me that you really do not remember anything about Civ II and when all the extras came out compared to what it was at first.

First Sid had to teach the computer to build roads, and railroads, and everything else, before any of that stuff was in Civ II.

Later!

It costs money to make a game, first Civ Lesson.
Old January 29, 2002, 12:11   #7
Kramsib
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Raion

All that stuff was added to Civ II, and only later, after the game came out!

It costs money to make a game, first Civ Lesson.
That is not true, Civ II has a cheat mode where you can build scenarios, even Civ II was launched witha WWII and Rome scenarios. The were not mods but scenarios anyway.

In addition to this, the map editor launched with the first Civ II allowed you to draw flat worlds whereas Civ III only round maps can be done.
Old January 29, 2002, 16:11   #8
CharlesUFarley
Prince

Quote:

That is not true, Civ II has a cheat mode where you can build scenarios, even Civ II was launched witha WWII and Rome scenarios. The were not mods but scenarios anyway.

In addition to this, the map editor launched with the first Civ II allowed you to draw flat worlds whereas Civ III only round maps can be done.
This is all pure stupidity on Firaxis' part, if they gave us a fully customizable editor with complete scenario/rules design from the start - at least 80% of the complaints wouldn't even exist, because rather than complaining everyone would be playing the game and building scenarios.

Charles.
Old January 29, 2002, 18:38   #9
Kramsib
Emperor

That is the truth, excelency
In fact, making escenarios need a lot of time, so a lot of time without complains.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
High council of the Firaxians.

Domestical advisor (People of Apolyton)

Perhaps we should increase the customizability of the game noble leader.

Commercial Advisor (Wallets of Firaxis)

I desagree excelency.

Build expansion packs and we will get more money from those silly boys.

Science Advisor. (Programmers of Firaxis)

I desagree excelency.

It's a lot of work for my abacus.