Old February 2, 2002, 09:32   #1
sadistiq
Settler

Local Time: 15:06
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I had a civil war
Yes, it's true. Playing as the Germans on monarch, I had a civil war. But I don't know why.

I was minding my own business, I had recentrly converted an army of 70 some odd spearmen into riflemen and was busy converting the terrain into railroad via automatic workers. Suddenly, my rifleman in Munich began shooting (!?). Let me clarify: the rifleman in Munich began shooting workers who were trying to enter Munich.

This struck me as odd because 1. usually my riflemen shoot enemies, and 2. what threat are the workers, really?

Of course I digress, but if anyone can shed some light on the situation, I'd really appreciate it.

P.S. watch your workers, they may be planning a workers revolution (I should have known, Marx was German).
Old February 2, 2002, 12:07   #2
Spam Shark
Warlord

I think I had a similar glitch. I was sending a unit across my continent using the railroads when it stopped in front of one of my towns and attaacked the garrisoned unit. It went by so quickly I wasn't sure so I sent another unit the same way and sure enough it happened again. Why? I got no clue.
Old February 2, 2002, 12:16   #3
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:06
I read the topic and got excited that the old Civ2 -feature had been left in the game, which would of been utterly wonderful - but to no avail.

Just a bug, I am afraid.
Old February 2, 2002, 12:44   #4
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 13:06
I'm wondering if this has something to do with a captured worker. It's not inconceivable that the AI is getting confused having a foreign national hanging around.
Old February 2, 2002, 13:40   #5
siredgar
Prince

That's happened to me, too. At first, I thought it was because I had foreign workers in my cities, but it seemed to happen at other times, too. I thought a spy may have infiltrated. I don't think so though. It must be a bug.
Old February 2, 2002, 15:36   #6
pauli
Prince

Local Time: 16:06
i wish civil wars were possible. fractured ai civs always made for the best games.
Old February 2, 2002, 15:37   #7
Altuar
Warlord

Before you know it the year shall be 1848 and the revolution will sweep all over Europe. The workers shall arise from the ashes of their destruction to start the new world. The bourgeoisie stranglehold will be forever eliminated, instead will come the new army of industry, where equality and freedom are not by words of a system long buried them in the old bible of the present.

Yes, revolution will come and workers shall set up barricades over the city, the union will chant for change: and you shall do your utmost to stop them, you will kill them once again, you will hang their leaders, you will ostracize those who you cant. In all this you will hide behind the nation and the flag! The army, whom you carefully trained as stupid but loyal dogs, will rally behind you!

-Kurt Juntraufter, 1848.

moral of the story: as long as you keep having workers, your army will have to shoot them every once in a while.
Old February 2, 2002, 21:46   #8
noom
Settler

Lmao that was good soo good....... power to the unions

oh and whats the differnce between a larg pizza and the avrage working calss smoe..........a larg pizza can still feed a family of 4
Old February 2, 2002, 21:57   #9
Adalbertus
Prince

Local Time: 21:06
Quote:
Before you know it the year shall be 1848 and the revolution will sweep all over Europe... Blah
Sorry, but (at least in Germany, most probably in other European countries as well)m the 1848 revolution was driven by the bourgeoisie. A clear working class has not yet emerged, Marx was still too young (as far as I know, teenager) to spread his ideas. It was the great time where professors and students (in more harmony than ever after) discussed about how to change the world ... and discussed ... and discussed ...
Old February 2, 2002, 22:09   #10
Encomium
Warlord

Civ III blows
Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
I read the topic and got excited that the old Civ2 -feature had been left in the game, which would of been utterly wonderful - but to no avail.

Just a bug, I am afraid.
Yea, Civ III is LOADED with bugs we do NOT want - too bad it doesn't have the features we DO want. Scenario-building is another.