Old February 4, 2002, 16:33   #1
Worthingtons
Prince

Local Time: 20:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
War on my land...
Right, in my current game, The Germans On one side, are at war with the French and Russians (Puny) at the other side....

Suits me... I'll happy advance while they conduct thier pointless war over thousands of miles...

However, the way it's turned out, is that the French have send like 100 Horsemen through my land, and The Russians have sent about 20/30 of thier primitive units also through my land, in the direction of the Germans. The Germans sent about 100 Swordsmen/Spearmen through my land too....

They are now starting to meet each other, Right in the middle of my Empire... right at the very heart... and are ripping each other apart.. It's classic... but it's raising a few Questions and points for me...

1. After thousands of years of War, I am not keen to wage another, especially considering I have now switched to peaceful production , and dont have loads of spare units in the field...

2. The War is taking part right around my Empire's heart...., Near my big productive cities, these cites could produce units fast.. if I wanted them to, but at present arent spectaculary defended ( I defend the outer cites best) This raises two questions...

--What if they suddenly turn on me , they could cause disaster in one turn!!!!??? (The germans have a right of passage so i dought they will)

-- It makes me think, that while there are millions of these ancient units in my terrotory, and I'm not too far from getting Cavalry, I could get my all my Horsemen Ready for Upgrading, and then destroy half of each civ's army while hopefully getting leaders!! - but that would be my only gain!

Also - Are all these milions of (Friendly) Units going to have any effect on the people who work in those tiles??? , It's already annoying me that i cant move my workers around as i want to!!

I am quite keen for these other 3 Civ's to Rip each other to pieces whilst none of them will gain ANYTHING from it..., but I'm also wondering whether I can take further advantage from the situation..

Anyone???

Ps - Only the Germans have ROP agreement, the other units SHOUDNT be there!
Old February 4, 2002, 16:45   #2
KLIN-TONN
Civilization III Democracy Game
Settler

I would see what the Russians and French would offer you to join in the war against Germany and then take them on, no matter what you get for it.

If the Germans border you and are strong, team up with the little dudes and take out the big boy.
Old February 4, 2002, 18:07   #3
Blaupanzer
lifer
Emperor

Local Time: 16:12
If you let people wander through your land without a right of passage agreement you are nasking them to jump you. Eventually they will. Especially if France and Russia make peace with Germany. They have no reason not to turn on you. Similarly, with an aggression level of five (on a scale of five), the Germans are not real reliable either. Not much point in heavily guarding your borders if you are going to let everyone in anyway. Bring your defenders in to your center. Build more units. Reach out and crush someone.
Old February 5, 2002, 19:44   #4
godinex
Prince

Local Time: 14:12
Quote:
Originally posted by Blaupanzer
If you let people wander through your land without a right of passage agreement you are nasking them to jump you. Eventually they will. Especially if France and Russia make peace with Germany. They have no reason not to turn on you. Similarly, with an aggression level of five (on a scale of five), the Germans are not real reliable either. Not much point in heavily guarding your borders if you are going to let everyone in anyway. Bring your defenders in to your center. Build more units. Reach out and crush someone.
Yeap!
Old February 6, 2002, 11:36   #5
keegansj
Settler

Local Time: 15:12
Quote:
Only the Germans have ROP agreement, the other units SHOUDNT be there
What do you do when they refuse to leave. I have asked the french to leave my territory a couple of times, and they say OK, but never go. Other times I have done this the text changes to Leave or declare WAR. It never does with the French.

I am currently fighting the English and don't want to go to war with the French at the same time. They are as big as I am and probably better off since I have been fighting the English for a few years. I tried to capture their workers in my territory, but it tells me if I do it will be a declaration of war.

Any hints.
Old February 6, 2002, 12:33   #6
Worthingtons
Prince

If You're a Man city fan - I aint helping ya

Anyway , back to the thread, I decided I'd ally with the Germans when they offered me an Alliance, and crush the French. I was going to do with the Germans, but they had too many units that were good on the defense, So I thought the French would be easier since they had horsemen. Anyway, it's kinda gone a little wrong with me forgetting Mounted units can retreat!!

I still have all my cities atm tho apart from a crappy size 2 city miles away