Old November 26, 2000, 19:54   #1
dainbramaged13
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
King

Local Time: 20:33
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Is this game ever going to get off the ground!?!?
i posted this in the dino forum, but adding to support of my topic, nobody responded in 3 days

i mean, really. esqueeeze me for being rude or whatever, but cmon people, get your [edited by yin26] act together! By the time civ3 and dino come out, i'll be dead and gone. if i can recall correctly, ctp2 was announced AFTER both dino and civ3, yet civ3 isn't slated to come out until, what, aug. of 2001? and we haven't heard news on dino from firaxis from what, 3 months? come ON people! a 2-3 month delay after a competitors game, especially one that was announced AFTER yours, is reasonable, if the game is just THAT much better. but with the time segments im seeing, i might end up forgetting firaxis altogether. the way things are going, ctp3 will be in stores by the time civ3 gets up a beta version! i cant take it anymore! FIRAXIS HAS GOT TO GET IT'S ACT TOGETHER!!! BECAUSE WHILE THE CTP SERIES IS A GOOD TIMEFILLER, AND DEFINETLY WORTH PAYING FOR, ACTIVISION WILL NEVER BE SID MEIERS,(or however the hell you spell his name) AND WE DESERVE BETTER!
[This message has been edited by yin26 (edited November 27, 2000).]
Old November 26, 2000, 21:34   #2
The diplomat
King

Local Time: 18:33
With all due respect, your post is extremely rude!!

Just because we don't have screenshots and such ,doesn't mean that Firaxis is not doing anything. They have repeatedly reassured us that the game is coming along nicely. When they are ready, they will put up the site and show us what the game has to offer. For all you know the game might actually be in beta stage already. You shouldn't blast Firaxis when you don't have any proof to back up your claims.

Sure, I am impatient for the game, just like everybody else on this forum. I don't think there is a poster here who isn't impatient for the game. But you don't see them insulting Firaxis like you did.

I can't stand you people who think that Firaxis is our slaves or something: it's "Firaxis give us civ3 now, Firaxis, we don't like this, make a patch right now, Firaxis, we want a editor, make one right now". Just because we're the customer, does not mean we have the right to "order" them around!

They will finish the game when they finish the game!!
[This message has been edited by The diplomat (edited November 26, 2000).]
Old November 26, 2000, 21:42   #3
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Right on, El Diplo!

As it is oft-repeated, I want a bug free game, not a rushed game because consumers were too anxious.

Man, check out the CTP II forums if you want to see some unhappy people and some raging attitudes! I hope that doesn't spill over to Civ III. MarkG has his hands full over there with some ragers. Let's be better "forum citizens" in Civ III forums.
Old November 26, 2000, 23:12   #4
ContradictioN

heh, you think that they're taking long to make the game? gawd, I have been around, and the time its taking to make this game is very fast. If it takes another 2 years to make it, then I will start to consider it taking a long time.

Old November 26, 2000, 23:19   #5
Zer0_T0lerance
Warlord

Local Time: 18:33
quote:

Originally posted by dainbramaged13 on 11-26-2000 06:54 PM
i'll be dead and gone.

For real, or is that just a metaphor.

Are you addicted to Civ and worried that you might not be around by the time the game comes out?

Just asking because there could be a BIG misunderstanding here.

------------------
Zero (formerly jrhughes98)
Old November 26, 2000, 23:23   #6
CivilizationCanuck
Settler

Local Time: 00:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hey man get a grip. These people at Firaxis run by their schedule, not yours. They can wait 10 years before releasing this game if they damn well feel like it. They can make the game from a first person view if they damn feel like it. Its their game, so while they are working extremely diligently on it, go out, breathe the air, get some sun and wait for what will be the best of the Civilization series...like any normal person would.

Peace
Old November 27, 2000, 08:16   #7
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

dainbramaged13,

You are more than welcome to express your displeasure with how long the game is taking to be released; however, I would ask that you treat FIRAXIS and the board here with respect. By that I mean that you don't use curse words (I edited it out) or attack anybody personally (which you didn't here, but I'm covering my bets for future posts).

Thanks in advance.
Old November 27, 2000, 12:53   #8
Jeffrey Morris FIRAXIS
Firaxis Games

Local Time: 00:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
*Sputter* *cough* *choke*

Jeff
Old November 27, 2000, 17:02   #9
dainbramaged13
King

quote:

Originally posted by Zero_Tolerance on 11-26-2000 10:19 PM
For real, or is that just a metaphor.

Are you addicted to Civ and worried that you might not be around by the time the game comes out?

Just asking because there could be a BIG misunderstanding here.

just a metaphor

but anyway, guys dont take it so seriously. on the ot, to get anything moderat noticed, you have to shout it so loud, well, pretty damn loud. so anyway, i still hold my opinion, but i didn't realize the delicacy of the peopl on these forums anyway, im sorry, but my position still stands. dont have time to argue now, but maybe i'll be back later

oh hi jeff.... umm..... nevermind..
Old November 27, 2000, 18:38   #10
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

dainbramaged13,

No worries. I understand. OT is the Wild West of Apolyton. Hopefully you'll make the transition.

Jeff,

If only I could take back a few posts in my day...You have perhaps the hardest job there in the sense that it's hard work and very little credit. I'll do my best this time around to be more helpful.
Old November 27, 2000, 19:40   #11
dainbramaged13
King

quote:

With all due respect, your post is extrem rude!!
Just because we don't have screenshots and such ,doesn't mean that Firaxis is not doing anything. They have repeatedly reassured us that the game is coming along nic When they are ready, they will put up the site and show us what the game has to offer. For all you know the game might actually be in beta stage already. You shouldn't blast Firaxis when you don't have any proof to back up your claims.

Sure, I am impatient for the game, just like everybody else on this forum. I don't think there is a poster here who isn't impatient for the game. But you don't see them insulting Firaxis like you did.

I can't stand you people who think that Firaxis is our slaves or something: it's "Firaxis give us civ3 now, Firaxis, we don't like this, make a patch right now, Firaxis, we want a editor, make one right now". Just because we're the customer, does not mean we have the right to "order" them around!

They will finish the game when they finish the game!!

sorry

quote:

Right on, El Diplo!
As it is oft-repeated, I want a bug free game, not a rushed game because consumers were too anxious.

Man, check out the CTP II forums if you want to see some unhappy people and some raging attitudes! I hope that doesn't spill over to Civ III. MarkG has his hands full over there with some ragers. Let's be better "forum citizens" in Civ III forums.

sorry

quote:

heh, you think that they're taking long to make the game? gawd, I have been around, and the time its taking to make this game is very fast. If it takes another 2 years to make it, then I will start to consider it taking a long time.

whatever

quote:

Hey man get a grip. These people at Firaxis run by their schedule, not yours. They can wait 10 years before releasing this game if they damn well feel like it. They can make the game from a first person view if they damn feel like it. Its their game, so while they are working extrem diligently on it, go out, breathe the air, get some sun and wait for what will be the best of the Civilization series...like any normal person would.
Peace

while i may seem like a computer freak, i really arnt ( ) anyway,
they better not damn well feel like releasing it 10 years from now
im gettin sun! (its called a laptop)(j/k i dont even have a laptop)

btw, hold on to that last thought

quote:

dainbramaged13,
You are more than welcome to express your displeasure with how long the game is taking to be released; however, I would ask that you treat FIRAXIS and the board here with respect. By that I mean that you don't use curse words (I edited it out) or attack anybody personally (which you didn't here, but I'm covering my bets for future posts).

Thanks in advance.

sorry. btw. i cant remember. which curse word did i use?
i dont DO personal attacks
i now bow down to the omnicient and omnipotent yin26 of the civ3 forums in respect and homage to his ever-so-holy presence and promise forevermore to be respectful especially to the gods of firaxis, whose (cough cough) wrath i do not wish to feel

quote:

*Sputter* *cough* *choke*
Jeff

very sorry
i hope this rather scathing post of mine is taken lightly over at firaxis
but i also hope it encourages more feedback, more info, and more cool stuff.
in short, we like to be kept posted

quote:

No worries. I understand. OT is the Wild West of Apolyton. Hopefully you'll make the transition.

you got that right
thx everyone

bte. my positions still stands, if weaker...
Old November 28, 2000, 00:53   #12
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

LOL Great. Look forward to hearing more from you then. Hey, I'm impatient, too, but I've played too many rushed games in my day. As for Jeff's comment, I think it was directed at me...long story.