Old February 25, 2002, 00:10   #91
Kuja
Warlord

Local Time: 20:20
Local Date: October 31, 2010
oh, just so you guys have a heads up, i have a midterm in chemistry this wendesday that starts at 6:30 PM EST. so can we push back the starting time to 8? it shouldn't take me longer than that.
Old February 25, 2002, 13:07   #92
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 16:20
8 is fine for me, but if we don't get two more players in the next two days we won't be playing on wednesday anyways.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old February 25, 2002, 14:22   #93
Deity Dude
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

I posted my availability/concerns in the other thread.
Old February 25, 2002, 15:14   #94
Frank Johnson
King

Local Time: 14:20
I have ozzy's and my own starting locations on the map already. I need offical starting locations in cooridnates from kuja, berzker, and promethus.

Also, kuja we still need to deside on your special units as well.

Realize that the later we pick up our last player the harder it will be for me to format the game in time to start! Its almost done, except Im trying to get it so the cities look the right style etc......so it kinda difficult.
Old February 25, 2002, 18:41   #95
Prometheus
Warlord

I sent you my Location stats Frank, who is Brezker going to be?
Old February 26, 2002, 01:18   #96
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 06:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010
No Capo ???
Will HOTW be the same without him !!!!
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old February 26, 2002, 01:38   #97
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Well as you know, Capo is massively unpredictable. He started a HOTW3 thread a month or so ago and then never followed up on it, now it seems hes done it again. Well if he is going to play games with us he can screw himself. I really want him to play, but he obviously doesn't give a damn, so whatever. The invitation is open and will remain open, he enriches diplogames, but he is a royal pain in the ass.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old February 26, 2002, 10:02   #98
drake
King

Hi all. I'm back from the dead and here to wish you all the best of luck...I'd consider playing, but right now I'm just not ready for such a big commitment.....

Last edited by drake; February 26, 2002 at 11:04.
Old February 26, 2002, 19:31   #99
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Alright.

So it looks like we are almost ready for a start tommarrow.

Start time: 8 PM Eastern Standard Time. Just be online on ICQ and we'll set it up.

It seems Berzerker is going to start in Western Europe, but I'm unclear on the details. Everyone make sure Frank has what he needs, and Frank be sure to let everyone know what is going on.

So Wednesday 8 PM. HOTW3 Begins!
Old February 26, 2002, 23:34   #100
Kuja
Warlord

k, i'll get back to my dorm from the chem midterm as fast as i can. it shouldn't take me more than an hour for the test, so 8 PM should be just fine.
Old February 27, 2002, 00:25   #101
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Ok, do your best. We can wait if you don't get back on time. I may be pushing it myself. I've got a press release to send out tommarrow night, but I should be back by 8.

Old February 27, 2002, 02:09   #102
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 08:20
You all suck...
.. just thougt I'd make that clear
Old February 27, 2002, 03:41   #103
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 15:20
Won't we need to dl this as a scenario or something? I'd like to do this well before we start because it takes me a bit longer to do this task.
Old February 27, 2002, 10:17   #104
Frank Johnson
King

Berz I told them that, however untill I get the starting location and special unit of dank there can be no complete download!
Old February 27, 2002, 10:46   #105
Dank
Warlord

Lets rock boys.......I got a full bag...and I'll be on icq tonite
Old February 27, 2002, 11:18   #106
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Re: You all suck...
Quote:
Originally posted by deity
.. just thougt I'd make that clear
Sorry Old man. Truly I am. US Wed nights are totally out for you? I know our schedule is kinda scrambled, but perhaps after a bit we could switch to another day. I guess the initial reason Wednesday was picked was Capo, and he doesn't seem to be here. I dunno, I'd like you in, but its on Wednesday at the moment. Don't drift away we may need you at some point.

Old February 27, 2002, 12:25   #107
Frank Johnson
King

Its Up ! Its Good!
The Mod pack is now available at my website

http://home.houston.rr.com/dangime/HOTW3.zip

You might want to just go also to

http://home.houston.rr.com/dangime/

And bookmark it because when I change special units for people etc you will have to download the changes. The whole package is about 730K zipped. Inside your civ2 scenario folder make a folder called HOTW3 . Unzip the files there. That should be all you have to do, the sounds folder should appear automaticly.

Now you are asking, what exactly has that slick Frank done that I dont know about. Well I will try to inform you of everything.

First, settlers have been given 2 range site. This is so you get to see your whole starting city radius, and thus use all its specials. When you use the conceal terrain feature in scenarios you can lose this sometimes.

Second, you'll all notice you'll start with a bunch of weird techs. They are like Anti-Dangime or Anti-Ozzy, etc etc.....you'll have one for every player except yourself. Thats good because if you get "anti-you" tech....then you wont be able to build your special unit. You shouldnt be able to steal this since its set to "nil" "no" but heck I really dont know if that works...Also theres a tech called special tech, that tech allows the civ specific units if they dont require any techs to make. Also there is a player tech, this tech put us on the tech tree and keeps the natives in america off it.

Ok also, some unit changes. First, there are no destroyers or cruisers. Instead there are dreadnought and they come with steel. They are 8/8/8 3/2 80. That brings up another point, naval units all move somewhat faster, tri 4, car 6, gal 7, trans 8....etc. Aegis cruisers are a bit buffer at 10 att/def and they are the only unit that can see submarines, since being their cruise missile and nuke carrying nature.....only appear after nuclear power now. Apline troopers are gone, replacing them are infantry at 6/5/1 50 2/1. They appear with machine tools. Thats about all the real changes, techs cost more 1.5 times.....there are natives with special units in america, they're the strong type. Also there are a few barbarian natives in australia, but no settlers. Aliens will appear at some point....and theres no clue given as of now.

Thats it.....Download it now! and make sure everyone knows the time (and what time zone that time is! )

Last edited by Frank Johnson; February 27, 2002 at 12:31.
Old February 27, 2002, 14:12   #108
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Sorry to show up so late, boys.

I'm not sure if I want to commit to a full game, I know you'll be there Ozzy, but Capo was often among the missing, and who knows about the new guys?

If you need a little help, I can pitch in, maybe I can be talked into the game, if your all serious about it.

What is left, if anything, among the players?
Old February 27, 2002, 16:20   #109
Dank
Warlord

Ok ozzy....what seems to be the problem?.........I'm in the game......
Old February 28, 2002, 00:30   #110
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Ok Ming, the story thread has been created. If you must, you may close this one now.

Although we always like being able to have one thread for stories and one for out of character scheduling and such. If that could be kosher then keep this for scheduling. If not then just close this one.

Old February 28, 2002, 01:22   #111
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by OzzyKP
Although we always like being able to have one thread for stories and one for out of character scheduling and such. If that could be kosher then keep this for scheduling. If not then just close this one.
Sigh.... Ok... kosher it is.
But could you PLEASE just keep it to these two threads... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old February 28, 2002, 13:54   #112
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

He Likes us, he really likes us!

Wow! Thanks Ming. You won't regret it. Just 2 threads.
Old February 28, 2002, 16:11   #113
Kuja
Warlord

ok, so next session is this sunday at 7 EST?
Old February 28, 2002, 17:05   #114
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Yep, thats our next session. Be there or be square!

Well despite horrendous difficulty setting this puppy up it looks like we are off to a great start. We got about an hour and a half or two hours of playing time in last night. Not too bad, but we are still very early in the game.

I think we all owe our deepest respect and gratitude to Berzerker. I'm sorry man, I really didn't want to be a ***** about anything. I hope you are cool.

Things are looking up though, the posts have begun already, and they are good stuff. Thanks guys! While we all seem to be overshadowed by the incredible Zulus, I think this is going to be a great game.

And cooler yet Ming is letting us keep 2 threads, so we can do our business here and our stories in the other place. Which by the way is right here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=43575

Hopefully by Sunday Frank will get the kinks worked out in the mod.

Old February 28, 2002, 17:20   #115
Frank Johnson
King

Well there's nothing wrong with the mod that I know of. Each civ belongs to a civ who should have the proper city images for that civ, its just a common occurance in multiplayer games for the cities to look the wrong style for no apparent reason, and it comes and goes.

If there are any other issues about the mod I should know about then tell me, but once everything connection wise was solved the mod seemed to work fine. Everyone seems to be attached to their inital special units still, yeah its early. So thats nice I dont have to change anything there.

But anyway.....looking forward to sunday.
Old February 28, 2002, 17:22   #116
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Oh, and to enrich things a bit I think we should add actual religions into the tech tree. Of course its mostly self serving since I'm the Arabs so Islam and the major western religions are kinda important to me. But my ideas can be expanded for Eastern religions too.

All my changes I will propose are in name only. The substance of all these techs will remain the same.

Change Ceremonial Burial to Polytheism, which for role-playing purposes can be pagan religion and Hinduism.

Change Mysticism to Buddism.

Change Polytheism to Monotheism, which for role-playing purposes can be Judiasm and Zoroastronism.

Change Monotheism to Christianity.

Change Theology to Islam.

Ok, that all works nice. But some wonders names need to be changed then too. (this may be a little more questionable, since we may change wonders after they are built based on who built them) but I'm thinking the Oracle can be some big Budda statue.
And JS Bach's Cathedral can be the Dome of the Rock.

Its easy, painless and we should do it. What do you all think?

Old February 28, 2002, 19:45   #117
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 08:20
Hasn't been Berzerker's week!
Quote:
Originally posted by OzzyKP
EDIT

I think we all owe our deepest respect and gratitude to Berzerker. I'm sorry man, I really didn't want to be a ***** about anything. I hope you are cool.
Golf is looking better all the time
Old March 1, 2002, 00:25   #118
Frank Johnson
King

Hm apparently starting a game can cause the city styles to switch from the normal setting for a civ to the monolith style. I altered my rules.txt and fixed the civs. If you download this, everyone should look ok........

IE Russians and Germans (or is it goths?) should have a village/castle style.

Zulu / Arabs should have a sandstone looking cities with domes.

Indians / Chinese should have the blueish far east style. (BTW our cities are walled if there is a menacing grey tower in the background).

The natives also have their own style, looks kinda centeral americanish.
Attached Files:
File Type: txt rules.txt (26.3 KB, 6 views)
Old March 1, 2002, 11:57   #119
Kuja
Warlord

are we allowed to change our special units as we go along? or are we stuck with them for the rest of the game? just wondering
Old March 1, 2002, 15:26   #120
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Yea, you can get a new special unit as long as you don't have any more of the old ones.

And I have a question about the German special unit. How can they have an upgraded trireme without needing to invent mapmaking?