Old March 2, 2002, 11:50   #121
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 16:20
Local Date: October 31, 2010
So, what about the religion changes to the tech tree? What do you all think? If there isn't any objections I'll take it as tacit consent and tell Frank to make the changes.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old March 5, 2002, 23:43   #122
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 14:20
I'm happy to report that giving the natives future tech seemly worked in the test game, afterwards it ran without interuption to 2020 AD.

Also if there's anyone who has disbaned their special units or doesnt mind me doing it for them, and would like their unit changed, just contact me and we can work it out.

Later.
Old March 8, 2002, 09:42   #123
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank Johnson
I'm happy to report that giving the natives future tech seemly worked in the test game, afterwards it ran without interuption to 2020 AD.
Hooray! Good to hear.

Keep in mind everyone that I may be a bit late on the 17th. So just wait for me, I will be there. It all depends on customs and such when I get off the plane, it seems playing civ will be my first activity upon arriving back in the United States... great... hehe.

Hopefully I'll be back by 8, so thats our start time.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old March 9, 2002, 10:58   #124
Dank
Warlord

Local Time: 15:20
What is gonna be the next game day and time?...........I heard the 15th but I'd like to know for sure......
Old March 9, 2002, 13:24   #125
Prometheus
Warlord

I belive the Next game is March 17th, 8:00 EST
Old March 10, 2002, 12:15   #126
Dank
Warlord

Local Time: 15:20
Thanks bud............also I'm sure that one of you all would of reminded me................lol
Old March 16, 2002, 14:40   #127
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

hey guys, whats going on?

I've been in france for a week, and i haven't seen any posts in the other thread. What is going on? I've got a darn good excuse, what about the rest of you? Get those posts out. Stories!!

Old March 16, 2002, 21:54   #128
Kuja
Warlord

Local Time: 20:20
sorry, i was on break. so next game is tomorrow at 7 EST? and any new patches or upgrades to install?
Old March 17, 2002, 22:21   #129
Kuja
Warlord

um guys... i can't connect to AOL or ICQ, and i just lost connection to the game. i restarted my comp and i still am not connecting, if any of you see this, gimme the ip??
Old March 20, 2002, 11:05   #130
Kuja
Warlord

i think we said this sunday we are continuing? well i'm going to be in philly all weekend, and i don't get back until 11 PM. so i'm sure it would be more convenient if we find a replacement. so it looks like a sub is in order. any takers?
Old March 20, 2002, 19:19   #131
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Just to keep everything linked up nice and tight. Here is the thread for the HOTW3 stories:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=43575

Old March 22, 2002, 20:19   #132
Frank Johnson
King

Kuja can't play this sunday, so berzerker offered to play, but Dank is also questionable, but he may be back in time for sunday night. We might want to line another player up.
Old March 22, 2002, 21:41   #133
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Thank you Berzerker for subbing.

Perhaps we can try Deity Dude for Danks sub. I think they know each other well, so that could be a good arrangement. I know Deity Dude was interested in the game before too.

Old March 24, 2002, 11:56   #134
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Ok, we are all set for tonight. Deity Dude can't sub, perhaps Deity could be available.

Frank, do you have the update ready for us? Get that up.

Last chance for people to post (remember, if you are feeling creative or ambitious, you don't have to just post once).

So I guess we are all set. 7 PM tonight History Of The World 3 continues.

Old March 24, 2002, 21:40   #135
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

So....

we are waiting to get underway tonight, but we are missing a few people. Some people gave us a heads up, but Chris is just missing. Chris!! If you can read this get on ICQ or AIM, we want to get started! Chris! Chris!

Old March 25, 2002, 08:33   #136
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Sorry boys, I was busy with family commitments.

The last time we talked, Sunday was out, so I made plans accordingly.

I think we need to commit to a specfic day, I never noticed all of this, and I was on for a short while Sunday.

Sorry for the mix up.
Old March 25, 2002, 11:03   #137
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Well from now on we will move to Wednesdays regularly. Every Wednesday night at 7 PM EST.

But also, Chris and everyone else, be sure to check the forums often, both this thread and the story thread so you know what is going on, and are aware of changes.

Old March 26, 2002, 20:09   #138
Kuja
Warlord

i can play wednesday, but it will have to be after my Physics midterm. look for me around 7/8 EST
Old March 28, 2002, 00:32   #139
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Well for a variety of reasons that was a bad session. We didn't get in a whole lot of playing time. But next week should be good we can hope. Wednesday 7 PM EST. This is our regular time from now on. (unless people want to go with 8, but we need to decide).

On a side note. I am absolutely ITCHING to make some nice maps of this game. I just love making maps for Diplogames like this. I have held off on it so far cause its early and I don't want to give away secret information. But if I get the go ahead from you all then I'll get one made up ASAP.

Old March 28, 2002, 01:42   #140
Kuja
Warlord

ok well it has come to my attention during this weeks session that my school connection here sucks ass. it would lose connection from the game almost every turn, yet still stay connected to AOL IM and things. so is there somebody who would like to be a permanent sub in my place? i have the supreme civ right now, and i think the other guys would be happy if i wasn't there slowing each session down. drop a line here if you are interested.
Old March 28, 2002, 10:38   #141
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

I'd hate to see you go. You've been good in the game, but if this is what needs to happen to speed things a long a bit, then thank you very much for your involvement. If you leave then your impact on this game is secure, you've given the Zulu a tremendous start, and if someone takes over for them they'll be thanking you forever.

Anyone talk to Drake or Raz? See if we can get them in on this perhaps.

Old March 28, 2002, 15:23   #142
Chris 62
Emperor

The Goths have no objection to a map Oz, map away.
Old April 1, 2002, 13:49   #143
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

What do the rest of you think about the map?

And what about a Zulu sub? We don't have long till the next game and nothing has been decided on this. Go and find subs.

Please please post if you haven't.

Old April 1, 2002, 20:16   #144
markusf
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Kuja
ok well it has come to my attention during this weeks session that my school connection here sucks ass. it would lose connection from the game almost every turn, yet still stay connected to AOL IM and things. so is there somebody who would like to be a permanent sub in my place? i have the supreme civ right now, and i think the other guys would be happy if i wasn't there slowing each session down. drop a line here if you are interested.
All that means is your connection to the host really bites, whenever you get 7 players this happens. Try a different host and then make sure all the dailup players are giving the IP's first and they join the game first, then the cable people join.
Old April 3, 2002, 14:16   #145
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

btw only Prometheus, Dank and I posted after the last session. Come on folks, lets get involved in the game!

Old April 3, 2002, 17:06   #146
Frank Johnson
King

To quote the anime "Love Hina".........

"In reguard to what happened afterwards, nothing special to write."
Old April 4, 2002, 01:37   #147
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank Johnson
"In reguard to what happened afterwards, nothing special to write."
Well everyone better be posting like mad, there is quite a bunch o' stuff happening now! Hehehe.

Old April 10, 2002, 12:17   #148
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Well we continue tonight, and it doesn't look like Dank is anywhere to be found. I think we will need to find a sub, provided Frank can disable the password.

Old April 10, 2002, 22:15   #149
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Ok, here is the situation for all you following at home. Tonights session went down in a ball of flames. The war that started last week continued tonight until Chris (the Germans) started complaining fervently about my special unit.

He claims that my unit was illegal and that I cheated. Besides the fact that I was using them against Chris and he is trying to whine to get a better spot in the game he has no case that my unit is illegal.

All the rules regarding special units are posted on page 2 of this thread, the very bottom post, written by Frank on February 22. Well over a month ago. My unit was legal according to those rules.

Also, I have had this unit for 3 sessions now, no one said a word in opposition to it. The only reason he is complaining now is because I'm his enemy and he is trying to shut me down for his own advantage. I haven't done anything unjust, or illegal, or anything of the sort, Chris is just holding up the game so he can argue for a rule change to help his position.

All players have the same ability to get special units as I do. In fact Prometheus (Russia) has a very nice unit that is more useful against a walled city than mine is.

My unit is a modified crusader with stats: 6/1/3. According to the rules you could have 1 negative and 2 positives. So my one negative was pushing back the time I got the unit, I pushed it back to Theology (Islam) and my two positives were increasing the attack and move. Entirely according to the rules.

Old April 10, 2002, 22:25   #150
Chris 62
Emperor

That's a load of bull Ozzy.

You stared a war with an illegal unit.

Pushed it back in time...Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

What a load of crap.

Ask any civ player about a three move unit with a 6 AF against ancient units and see what they say.

I only noticed after I bribed one.

Stop trying to blame me, you bull caused the problem.

Moved it back in time...HA HA HA HA