Old November 29, 2000, 15:38   #1
jbs
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Include good ideas from CTP
I have not participated in these Civ3 wish lists so some of this may have already been posted. I loved Civ2, and like CTP1, but am very disappointed with CTP2. I would like Civ3 to keep/use some of the good ideas from CTP.

1. Public Works: I like this much, much better than the settlers in Civ2
2. Some of the unconventional units were good.
3. I like the idea of an expanding city radius, although CTP2's implementation of the averaging city tiles may not be a good idea (at least CTP's implementation was very poor), the city radius could still expand and include the placement of workers.
4. Have a good diplomacy model /interface. I think CTP2 is now considered the standard.
5. Have Hot seat play. For me this is the TBS multiplayer option. Internet is good for real time games, but for a civ game internet play is not that fun, but playing hot seat with family and friends is really great!
6. Have borders but I think this is already a no brainier.

7. Be able to modify. The ONLY thing that saved CTP1 from the trash heap was/is the ability to modify and fix all the initial problems. If Civ3 is good out of the box (unlike CTP1 and CTP2) being able to modify the files like CTP1 will make it THE best game ever!

My hopes for a really good Civ game now rest with Civ3.

Also I would like to play against at least 16-24 Civs, and have the ability to make canals.
Old November 29, 2000, 22:30   #2
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

1.)I, too liked public works.
2.)Which unconventional units?
3.)Expanding city radius. 4 when small, 6 when medium, 12 when large
4.)Diplomacy good
5,6,7.) All good.
Old December 1, 2000, 01:18   #3
VetteroX
Chieftain

I would like to add that they should have unit stacking too. This was my overall favorite thing in CTP, and it makes a whole lot more sense then doing one unit vs one unit.