Old March 21, 2002, 20:42   #331
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
oh yeah...ive tried making peace with greece but they wont talk to me

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old March 21, 2002, 21:53   #332
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Yeah, sure, blame me. I'm the source of all of these problems... Thats right, because of me, we are at another war with the Romans, because Civman tried to make them leave. Because of Civmans actions, the Romans are at war with us again. Yup, not Civmans fault of course. He was just trying to be all peaceful and pacifistic. So, of course, its all MY fault, because obviouslly Civman had NO intention of war. Thats right, when something goes wrong, the Kurosei Dynasty is to blame!

The Chinese are mad at us, and moved away, who is to blame! Sovy Kurosei the Ist!

The Zulu's declared war on us, who is to blame? Sovy Kurosei the 2nd!

The Japs are mad, and ready to smack back, who is to blame? Syn Kurosei!

The Persians are disgruntled with us, who is to blame? Sovy Kurosei the forth, of course!

The Greeks dun like us nomore! Who is to blame? Sovy Kurosei the fifth!

The Romans are nearly kicking our arse, but who is to really blame? Sovy Kurosei the sixth!

*Shrugs*

Boy, oh boy, if we didn't declared any wars on anybody, I wonder how we would have turned out... *Ponders that for a moment...*
Old March 21, 2002, 22:31   #333
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

ACtually, I think all of your wars werent very bad ideas at all..not VERY bad (most of them were just a bit bad)...all EXCEPT ROme...suicidal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can understand maybe attacking France and Greece, BUT A REPUBLIC CANNOT AFFORD TO RUN 3 WARS AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old March 21, 2002, 22:33   #334
civman2000
Emperor

ok, so i guess i made a mistake asking them to leave...but they had like 5 or 6 units and they kept blocking our workers and knights and cavlary moving them around!

Old March 21, 2002, 22:44   #335
civman2000
Emperor

Decline, defeat, and despair...
1570 AD: civman VII is sworn in as Head Civver of Civland. He promises a "scientific revival and a peace economy." His rule also makrs the beginning of a new era of government honesty. He begins his inaugaration speech: "My fellow CIvvers, I would like to thank you for electing me as Head Civver. I would also like to reveal one of the greatest government secrets." There was a buzz in the crowd. "My fellow CIvvers, this nation is in decline and it'll take a miracle to revive it. We are crumbling, and we're going to need everyone's help if we want to maintain our slim chance of survival...."
The peace economy promised is put into place, science is increased, workers are sent to South AMerica, and an embassy is built in France.

March 5, 1575 AD: The Head Civver's Address to the Nation (just the beginning, it was a long speech):
"My fellow Aztecs, Zulus, Japanese, Greeks, Egyptians, Persians, but most importantly of all, Civvers, yesterday I sent a diplomat to Rome. ROme has positioned troops in the territory of Civland, a direct violation of the Treaty of Pisae. Just one hour ago, the diplomat returned. My fellow Civvers..." he paused. In tears, he continued: "Rather than obey the Treaty of Pisae, Rome has declared war on the nation of Civland!"
IN response, Civland attacked quickly. Within a year, Seleucia had fallen and Civvers were approaching Rome.

1580 AD: Fighting in Rome--attack repulsed! Riots in CivBlood, COld Civ. Science decreased.

1585 AD: Fighting near CivBlood! Riots in Rottenopolis, Thermopylae.

1590 AD: Many defensive victories in CivBlood, as rioting resumes as the excited Romans hear of the approaching army. War production officially announced, after just 20 years of peacetime production! ARtaxa falls! Scandinavia is ours!

1595 AD: RoP renewed with India for 70 gold, continued wines payment. Germany embargoes us with Greece! Major losses in CivBlood. Rioting in New Coinichton!

1600 AD: Edo attacked! Many many riots!

1605 AD: More fighting, including the ROmans attacking from the North!

1610 AD: Romans attack New Civmanton, thankfully repelled! THey also founded Pisae in South AMerica! We are finally able to contact greece and make peace (they wouldnt even talk to us!!!!)

1615 AD: Greece and ROme embargo against us!! Nationalism at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The other civs keep their lead over us with communism though . Bug Report: draft button is only visible half of the time ...5 opr 6 cities draft riflemen...

January 22, 1616 AD: Head Civver civman VII commits suicide after 51 years of failure and decline. He leaves a messily written note for his successor: "EVERY SINGLE DAY TRY TO MAKE PEACE WITH ROME...AND STAY OUT OF WARS FOR A CENTURY!!!!!! DRAFT OR UPGRADE A RIFLEMAN DIVISION IN EVERY CITY, AND CATCH UP SCIENTIFICALLY"..............
Attached Files:
File Type: zip succ26.zip (293.7 KB, 3 views)

Old March 21, 2002, 22:46   #336
civman2000
Emperor

i'm serious we truly need at the very least 40 turns of peace...

Old March 21, 2002, 23:04   #337
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

*Shrugs*

Germans declared a blockade against us?

Guess that only means one thing...

Time to take out the trash, and put in some Cavalry units in Berlin
Old March 22, 2002, 06:36   #338
Journier
Warlord

umm word for wise cancel any war u can...

I just played out ur save game :/

I stopped warring with rome since they were a good 4-6 techs ahead even after i pushed science rate to 60% for a good 30 turns

1930 = i got roxxored... 2 techs from tanks...
Do not try to mass Inf vs Rome (the city) :/ 5 inf hide in there continuously ugh and roxxered 15 of my own inf !@!!! stupid tech.

If u guys war any more i fear u wont be able to catch up at all...
Switch to democracy and start colonizing the rest of south america it = super worth it l8er game atliest.

any extra money = rushing buildings on ur outlaying cities...

the Crime in this game is super bad the city's in like east asia and that way = 90 turn infantry ugh... i have police station and couthouses in all of em but ugh.. nasty. Democracy helps a "little".

Ud probably need to use forbidden city but not sure if u want to on east asia :/

and i also dont think anyone owns barely any of australia :/

ahhh PS!
U guys = hates by all civ's closest friend i got in the playing to 1930 was cautious by the indians. This is with sending gifts and everything :/
Old March 22, 2002, 06:44   #339
Journier
Warlord

and sovy man.. u did kick ass job in the wars.

Now u guys are just spread out so much going to war is hurting u more then what gaining a few more cities will give u ever.
Old March 22, 2002, 09:50   #340
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Ah, but I have a super duper plan, that will snag us more than just a few cities

Anyways, if you havn't noticed, the Romans are pretty close to our capital... That means corruption after a while taking their cities won't be so bad!
Old March 22, 2002, 09:52   #341
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Plus, we would push the Romans in the desert, and still have a country between us and the Germans!

Now, how to invade Germany...
Old March 22, 2002, 09:55   #342
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

The Romans have 4-6 Techs ahead of us!? OH MY GOODNESS!

They must be taken back, those thieving Romans! Always taking our techs, and putting us behind the discovery rate!

Those Romans shall feel thy wrath!
Old March 22, 2002, 11:16   #343
dunk
Prince

Local Time: 16:24
I haven't looked at Civman's game yet, but it does seem we need some regrouping time from his report and what I saw in the last download. All we are saying... is give peace a chance.
Old March 22, 2002, 11:24   #344
dunk
Prince

Re: Decline, defeat, and despair...
Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
Bug Report: draft button is only visible half of the time ...5 opr 6 cities draft riflemen...
Do we need barracks to draft units?
Old March 22, 2002, 12:52   #345
Rotten999
Warlord

Sun Tzu's puts a barracks in every city, so it must be a bug.

Imagine that.
Old March 22, 2002, 13:23   #346
civman2000
Emperor

its not barracks...its visible only some of the time in the very same city!!!

Old March 22, 2002, 13:30   #347
civman2000
Emperor

only 1-2 techs...4-6 must have been a few turns later...also, i really am serious about no war

Old March 22, 2002, 14:18   #348
Rotten999
Warlord

We do have plenty of "one sheild a turn" corruption/unhappiness pits already.

I still think our chances of winning are excellent, though.
Old March 22, 2002, 14:28   #349
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

*Shrugs*

When my turn comes around, I'll check to see if it works. If not, I'll restart, and we can have a peaceful round...
Old March 22, 2002, 15:17   #350
Rotten999
Warlord

Today's sign of the apocalypse: A peaceful SK round?

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old March 22, 2002, 16:09   #351
Journier
Warlord

lol ok

Gl man grab romes capital.. that thing is a wonder hog.. they were able to grab like 2 wonders before me from like 1600-1900 :/

If u do pull it off... i hope u can get romes northern shore cities and there 2 major cities near ur border.

hehe in 1930 everyone had planes & tanks while i had only inf lolol :/

But on serious note get on the American indians good side. :/

I kept trying to be friends with the people u already warred with :/ Thats didnt work...

But i just played around trying to get the american indians on my side and i think its working... Just have to wait until they go to war with someone then ask them for an alliance vs them

Psssst rome = gets gobbled up in the 1900's by like 3 nations mostly germany :/

And whats up in the foreign advisor screen i can only see a few of the other leaders of the countries and not all of them?
Old March 22, 2002, 16:41   #352
godinex
Prince

Que alegria cuando me dijeron vamos a la caza del señor!
The time has come! Godinex has return, the Prince of peace is here! Now is the time for a love revolution! Tremble infidels!
Old March 22, 2002, 17:30   #353
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Please avoid picking Democracy. I am going to war, with Democracy on or not.

I measure the success rate by how many cities I grab, not how many are in riots
Old March 22, 2002, 17:32   #354
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Hey, Journier, how powerful is the American Indians?

Heheheh... The Germans have a few wonders for themselves as well...
Old March 22, 2002, 17:37   #355
godinex
Prince

The fruits o f war... Sovy Kurosei
Old March 22, 2002, 17:50   #356
godinex
Prince

Now the rise of the Prophet...
"The Hand of God will Punish our enemies... Pray and Figth because the time has come! Siganme los güenos! (Follow me the goods!"

Playing
Old March 22, 2002, 17:56   #357
dunk
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovy Kurosei
Please avoid picking Democracy. I am going to war, with Democracy on or not.

I measure the success rate by how many cities I grab, not how many are in riots
I have to play after this guy?
Old March 22, 2002, 18:09   #358
civman2000
Emperor

i could make him go after you, but then he'd just undo all of your work

DOnt get mad again Kurosei, just joking

Old March 22, 2002, 23:38   #359
Journier
Warlord

lol

umm would u guys mind if i possibly joined into this game? or it to late :/

Sounds like the games going to be a barrel of laughs after Sovy gets done with the germans..

and to answer ur question sovy...

In later 1800's the American indians own all of north america and down into mexico...
They have huge econ and noone is on the continent "in strength" with them... Late game u will see.
Old March 23, 2002, 00:06   #360
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Okay, the plan is that we take the Mexico area, where the French are.

Thats was really are land all that time.

This should help halt the vile Indians expansion, and offer us a check against the Indians.

Next, we get a crap load of cavalry, and attack from the South, and land on the East Coast.

*Grinz Ebilly...*

I vote the Zulu's, Japanese and French out of existence