Old February 19, 2002, 23:01   #31
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
NOPE ITS NOW!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IT FIXED!!! Unfortunately, I've got a lot of homework today and tomorrow so I might not have the 1st 20 turns up till thursdya

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old February 19, 2002, 23:09   #32
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

just wondering...how do you rename cities????

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old February 19, 2002, 23:28   #33
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Yay! But... Uhh... Crud... Not til Thursday? You have school this week? Heheh... I don't
Old February 19, 2002, 23:29   #34
steelehc
Prince

Local Time: 11:23
Cool, I'm looking forward to this.

Right-click on the city, and look on the menu for "Rename City," a window will pop-up and the advisor will look terrified. They always look terrified at something...

Steele
Old February 20, 2002, 12:52   #35
civman2000
Emperor

hehe i stayed up till 10:45 playing...im at school now, but when i get home ill post the 1st 20 turns (circa 3:57:34.829 PM Central Time) (pictures included!).

Old February 20, 2002, 15:13   #36
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Yay! But how do we exchange the save file?
Old February 20, 2002, 18:21   #37
civman2000
Emperor

attach it, with any screenshots (in a zip file). I should be ready to post the first 20 turns in a few minutes now...

Old February 20, 2002, 18:54   #38
civman2000
Emperor

The First 20 turns...the rise of the civvers
4100 BC: Some civvers, led by civman2000, SOvy Kurosei, steelehc, and Coinich are mysteriously transported back in time. they soon take up a primitive lifestyle, but preserve their knowledge of POttery and Alphabet.
4000 BC: Head Civver civman I comes to power, taking his name from the ancestral leader. The civ villages unite under his leadership and form the city of Civville. The famous Civ "scouts" begin exploring Southward.
3950 BC: The construction of the Great Civville road begins. THe scouts discover an abandoned burgundian village.
3900 BC: The Aztecs are discovered to the South! They are very evil and will not give us any decent trade for Bronze Working or Warrior Code (whcich we must get asap ).(see sreenshot).
3850 BC: The first segment of the Great Civville Road is completed!
3800 BC: Babylon contacted! They are nice and will trade bronze working for alphabet. The Head Civver orders that the training warriors be equipped with bronze spears to replace their stone axes, and that our scientists begin developing writing. Mine construction begun
3700 BC: Aztecs become nice and trade warrior code and ceremonial burial for pottery and alphabet!
3650 BC: Zulus contacted to the southwest. They dont have bronze working OR alphabet!!
3500 BC: Spearmen training completed! Civville's populationa and surrounding influence grows! Mines completed! Chinese territory now in view! What a year!!!!!! Archer training begun.
3450 BC: Some vandals are caught lurking near our territory! We let them go, but not before fining them 25 gold! (see screenshot)
3350 BC: Egypt discovered across a small channel. They evidently have some "furs" and evilly will nat trade us masonry for a fair price!
3300 BC: The 1st Civ Archer Regiment has finished its training. The Head Civver orders 10,000 civvers to receive training to settle a new city!
3150 BC: CHina finally contacted! They trade us Masonry and 7 gold for alphabet! Babylon is suddenly very annoyed for some reason (see screenshot).
3000 BC: Head Civver civman I, realizing he has lived for an entire millenium, dies in disbelief. His final words to his heir, Sovy Kurosei I, are "Name the new city Civmanton in honor!"
Attached Files:
File Type: zip succ1.zip (474.4 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by civman2000; February 22, 2002 at 12:54.
Old February 20, 2002, 19:04   #39
civman2000
Emperor

I jsut noticed..."Civland" isnt always used in the game for some reason and the adjective "civ" never shows up...

Old February 20, 2002, 19:08   #40
ElDiablo
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:23
Is it just me cause I can't see the screenshots!
Sounds interesting though...Long live the Civvers!
Old February 20, 2002, 19:12   #41
civman2000
Emperor

theyre in the zip...itll take a minute or 2 to download but its worth it!

Old February 20, 2002, 19:43   #42
steelehc
Prince

Very cool. Judging by the screenshots, we are the English?

Im waiting...

Steele
Old February 20, 2002, 19:52   #43
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
I jsut noticed..."Civland" isnt always used in the game for some reason and the adjective "civ" never shows up...
Yeah...but I set the settings to random civ, formal civland, noun civvers, adjective civ, and title head civver. I put all of our names abbreviated for name ("cmn, SK, cnch, & stl")...i dont know why it still shows england

Old February 20, 2002, 19:53   #44
civman2000
Emperor

hope i didnt confuse you by quoting myself!

Old February 21, 2002, 14:58   #45
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Sorry guys, couldn't access Apolyton cause either my ISP was acting up, or Apolyton was down. Anyways, I'll post everything up in an hour or few or so.
Old February 21, 2002, 15:19   #46
Coinich
Chieftain

All concerned:

Do we want to drop this posting thread, since it has a lot of preparatory info on it, and start a new thread for posts which are particular to the succession game now being played?

Coinich
Old February 21, 2002, 15:50   #47
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Dunno, but here is my save file, for the next person.

And for my 20 turns post...

2950 BC - Moved my archer and scout... Archer is getting a bit frisky, and wants to pick a fight with a certain pink nationed <.<

2900 BC - Glorius day, our Archer is in site of the vile capital to the north!

2850 BC - Moved my Archer into the Evil Chinese Empire... They SHALL feel our wrath!

2800 BC - First battle between the great Archer and the meek warrior take place. Warrior loses, while leaving our great and mighty archer unharmed!

2750 BC - The second battle takes place against the vile Chinese! We have defeated their other warrior, with minor cuts and losses for our archer! We take the Chinese capital!!! Our first victory over the evil chinese! SK sues for peace!

2730 BC - We have begun to make our workers create the road between the captured capital and our own.

2710 BC - I have sent our Worker out exploring to the abandoned tribe to the north. They give us maps, but at least it is not barbarians.

2690 BC - Nothing much happened... Scout found a deserted village.

2670 BC - Moved scout South

2650 BC - Continued with our exploration, Settler nears its prime location for settling.

2630 BC - Settlers settle! Civmanton is formed!

2610 BC - Nothing much, began construction of a warrior to safeguard CivManton

2590 BC - Sovy Kurosei sued for peace with the Chinese. We were given 92 gold coins for a peace offering with our mighty nation!

2570 BC - The scout moved some... Looking for other races.

2550 BC - Stupid scout, complaining about all the mountains he is crossing

2530 BC - Booya! Scout finishes crossing mountain!

2510 BC - Scout discovers the lost Persians! They have the wheel! We buy the knowledge of the wheel for the low price of 55 GC's!

2490 BC - Looked around the world at other races. We are the most technologically superior race!

2470 BC - The construction of the pyramids begins! It looks like this is the continent where most of the fighting will take place!

2450 BC - The final turn of Sovy Kurosei. He gives his heir good wishes, as well as the save file and some screen shots.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip civsuccession.zip (223.3 KB, 8 views)
Old February 21, 2002, 18:10   #48
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovy Kurosei
Sorry guys, couldn't access Apolyton cause either my ISP was acting up, or Apolyton was down. Anyways, I'll post everything up in an hour or few or so.
Yeah that happened to me too

Old February 21, 2002, 18:11   #49
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Coinich
All concerned:

Do we want to drop this posting thread, since it has a lot of preparatory info on it, and start a new thread for posts which are particular to the succession game now being played?

Coinich
No need. I'll just modify my first post to give a link to where we actually started playing.

Old February 21, 2002, 18:20   #50
civman2000
Emperor

knowing that this is the world map, I'd say we're in Europe, and civville is maybe around germany...coinich, youre up next and here's some advice: build a city in what would be denmark, to get the horses

Old February 21, 2002, 18:54   #51
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Hmmm... Plus, those Babylonians and Aztecs are getting annoying...

I think we should just build a bunch of archers and take them all out
Old February 22, 2002, 00:31   #52
Coinich
Chieftain

OK - HELP!!!! What am I doing wrong! I am able to load the game, but when it attempts to go to the map screen it crashes. Do I have to be patched to 1.17f? I shouldn't be having any problems like this since my game plays just fine normally. Advise please... The fate of the Civvers may rest on the answer!
Old February 22, 2002, 00:50   #53
steelehc
Prince

Yes, you need 1.17f, that is, if Sovy Kurosei and Civman2000 have it. The .sav and .bic files were changed with the patch.

Download it here...

http://apolyton.net/civ3/files/patches/Civ3v117f.exe

I hope that helps...

Steele
Old February 22, 2002, 02:21   #54
Coinich
Chieftain

OK - thanks Steele - got the patch. One last question - will applying the patch not allow me to run games started under 1.16 (gonna regret not being able to finish current game)
Old February 22, 2002, 12:18   #55
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Depends.

I had one game that worked for a while before crashing when it got patched... It worked when it was patched, but bleagh...

Plus, I upgraded mine from 1.07 to 1.17 when that happened. Heard some nasty stuff with 1.16...
Old February 22, 2002, 12:40   #56
civman2000
Emperor

they should...did for me, and going from unpatched->1.16 worked too. I think only saved in newer->load in older doesnt work i cant wait to see the next 20 turns! ive been real busy with homework, etc, and havent had much time to get started again on the games i had going before my game messed up..ill hopefully have some time this weekend to get reacquainted with them

Old February 22, 2002, 12:52   #57
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovy Kurosei
Hmmm... Plus, those Babylonians and Aztecs are getting annoying...

I think we should just build a bunch of archers and take them all out
You beat me to posting that! I had that iddea too, but i had no time to get on last night!

Old February 22, 2002, 12:53   #58
civman2000
Emperor

controlling all of europe except britain would be nice...ironic that we ARE the british

Old February 22, 2002, 13:49   #59
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Yeah, never liked those Aztecs and Babylonians...

Plus, the Egyptians may cause some problems in the Scandanavian region. Maybe if we send Swordsmen en masse we can wipe them out?

I also miss that part where you could take control of cities, and don't have to worry about them getting autorazed when you occupied a 1 population city...
Old February 22, 2002, 14:05   #60
Coinich
Chieftain

ALL RIGHT! Got everything fixed and working. Just needed to patch to 1.17f. Old games still work On with the show........

-------------------

2430 BC: Coinich I assumes the mantle of power for the Civvers. We have discovered the Japanese to the south. I have ordered the continuation of the road construction to connect Civmanton to the rest of Civland.

2390 BC: Our scouts have pressed-on and found the Japanese city of Kyoto. Our scouts were met by an emissary of Tokugawa and have been asked, rather rudely, to leave.

2350 BC: Continued to build roads. Ordered a road built to the great horse plains in the north for the eventuality of taming these great beasts.

2310 BC: Road construction continues at a rapid pace.

2270 BC: The 1st and 2nd Archer Regiments move southward, to continue the national policy directives. They enter into Aztec territory, and wait on the mountain ranges to the north of Tenochtitlan. Our forces are asked to leave, by an emissary of Montezuma.

2190 BC: In accordance with national expansion policy, the 1st and 2nd Archer Regiments attack and capture the city of Tenochtitlan. The 1st Archer Regiment is lost in the battle. The city is NOT razed to the ground. Coinich I begins to regret the decision due to the city’s fairly poor location; however, he decides it is in the best interests of Civland to keep the city, since this coincides with the expansion of Civlander cultural influence. The 2nd Spearman Regiment begins construction, for the security of Tenoctitlan.

2150 BC: Plans take place to conquer the nearby city of Babylon. It is noted that Babylon is still only protected by a Warrior; however, the attack must wait, pending protection being built for Tenoctitlan.

2070 BC: Exploration continues to the south, and in the uncharted areas between Tenochtitlan. Roads continue to bridge the gaps of our empire.

2030 BC: The 1st Spearman Regiment is completed in Civman. Coinich I commissions another group of settlers. Civvers discover the secrets of Writing. We have decided to pursue Ironworking next, since it offers the prospect of great weapons with which to vanquish any of our enemies.

1990 BC: Continue to complete roads between Tenochtitlan and the rest of Civland.

1950 BC: Exploration continues. All is relatively quiet. We continue to wonder where the rest of the Aztecs are.

1870 BC: The 2nd Archer unit moves out toward Babylon after being relieved by the 2nd Warrior Regiment in Tenochtitlan. A temple is completed in Beijing. Another group of settlers is commissioned by Coinich I.

1790 BC: Pursuant to national policy objectives, the 2nd Archer Regiment attacks and defeats the Warrior unit defending Babylon. Babylon falls to Civland forces and is incorporated into the Civland empire. In the south, a rogue group of two Aztec Jaguar Warrior units surprise attacks our scout. He is killed, all of Civland mourns his loss.

1750 BC: The city of Civville goes into civil disorder. The people are calmed by entertainment. Coinich I orders the continuation of the Pyramids.

1725 BC: Roads and mining continue. The Chinese emissary contacts Coinich I and offers contact with the Indians for contact with the Zulu. Coinich I accepts.

1700 BC: The roadway between Tenochtitlan and the main portion of Civland is almost complete.

1675 BC: Aztec Jaguar warriors attack Civmanton. They are repeled.

1650 BC: The 3rd Archer Regiment is completed, to further pursue the attack against the Babylonians and Aztecs.

1625 BC: All is calm. Roads and mines continue to further the economic and cultural prosperity of the Civlander empire.

1600 BC: The 3rd Archer Regiment continues its pursuit of the Aztec Jaguar warriors. Coinich I urges his successor to continue pushing toward Ur, to capture it. Additionally, he is becoming increasingly concerned with the errant Zulus.

1575 BC: Coinich I is succeeded by steelehc.

--------------------------------------
Sorry - forgot to post file. It's on page 3

Last edited by Coinich; February 22, 2002 at 14:10.