Old April 4, 2002, 09:15   #571
ElDiablo
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I know aluminum is very important for the modern era, but Sovy, did u really need an excuse for war??
"Listen lad. I built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was swamp. All the kings said I was daft to build a castle in the swamp, buit I built it all the same just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third one. That burnt down, fell over and then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're gonna get, lad, the strongest castle in these isles."
- Swamp King (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
Old April 4, 2002, 10:17   #572
dunk
Prince

Local Time: 16:24
What's wrong with Republic? The war weariness isn't so bad, corruption is tolerable, and money is pretty good.
Old April 4, 2002, 11:07   #573
Rotten999
Warlord

Local Time: 14:24
Wow, two new turns already!

I think war with Germany would be fun. We can order them to remove those troops, they'll declare war on us (I would think) and then we take out the trash while avoiding the war weariness!
Old April 4, 2002, 12:05   #574
steelehc
Prince

Local Time: 11:24
More specifically we can go collect the trash cans.

Rotten999: Its not that Republic is terribly wrong, or bad in some way, its that losing 100GPT with no science or luxury in communism is rather remarkable. And if we need to a better war-government, communism has ben effectively neutralized by the cost.

Steele
Old April 4, 2002, 12:28   #575
Rotten999
Warlord

Democracy/Republic is fine for war if "they" start it. I think that could be arranged.

Agreed, Communism won't work. Not like it ever has.
Old April 4, 2002, 12:32   #576
godinex
Prince

I told You, the best goverment is republic... low war weariness, god money but no... the prophet use drugs... yeah rigth.... only because I m latin....
Old April 4, 2002, 13:04   #577
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

wait...we are a democracy and we have the UN now? And we have no aluminum? Very strange, we have about 10 of every other strategic resource...but at least we got the UN...nice work godinex! Right now its Sovy's turn...check to be sure we dont have an untapped aluminum in our territory. It could just be that we dont have rocketry and cant see it, check that too...Then look at all the weak civs (not Germany, Iroquois, China, or India) and see if they have it. A quick war with, say, Greece and their ally Rome to get aluminum would be worth it.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old April 4, 2002, 13:12   #578
godinex
Prince

I look around and there is no aluminium anywhere.... Why? I dont Know. Let me ask to the Gods.
Old April 4, 2002, 17:35   #579
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

And the Gods reply... ''Research Rocketry first, foo'!''.

I did, and we have a bunch of aluminum sources, already pretapped.

BTW, we have modern armour

And I picked a fight with the Germans

1948 AD - Syn Kurosei the II gets into power. Of course, with the world wondering where this aluminum truely is.

Syn Kurosei haggles for the Rocketry Tech. Oh, there is the Aluminum! All around the world...

With the invention of the Rocketry, Modern Armour is created. Syn Kurosei II creates the Cash Boost, to upgrade all of these wonderful units...

1950 AD - The germans are being silly... How could they ever match up to us in Culture and in power?

1951 AD - Syn Kurosei declares war on the foolish Germans

1952 AD - Germans tried to counter attack... Failed miserably...

1953 AD - The Germans began bombing a city with many, many, many bombers...

It was greatly ineffective...

On the plus side, Greece is now dwindled down to an island city-state. Stupid Greeks.

I have renamed the last Greek city on the African continent to Hal. Many cheer to the new, shorter and more welcoming name. Many cheer because we can now offer them toilets, running water, and a chance to be a citizen in the Civnation world!

Them crazy germans, always thinking up of new stuff, like their version of the battleship.

Which folded faster than Superman on Laundry day to our single destroyer...

1954 AD - Bah, stupid Germans make a meek counter attack

1955 AD - And I counter their counter!

1956 AD - And I counter some more! Also, the war between the pathetic Germans and the great Civnation is finally over... The Germans have built the Manhatten project, BTW.

It was noted that a Cruise Missile was captured. When Syn Kurosei the II first laid eyes on the cruise missile, she went 'Ooooo... Floaty....'

1957 AD - The war is over, everybody is happy.

Funny, still at war with the Greeks... And they refuse to respond to my envoy...

1958 AD - Final Turn... Syn Kurosei the II dies of staring up at the sky towards the floating cruise missile, going, ''Oooooo... Float-y...''.

Alright, we got 31 Modern Armour. Now, we can go and have a fun time and attack the Germans again while they are still on the ground, or we can try to attain our placehold
Attached Files:
File Type: zip civsucc.zip (389.5 KB, 5 views)
Old April 4, 2002, 17:44   #580
steelehc
Prince

Not bad. 31 modern armor, a cruise missile, and the ability to build nukes. Boom boom time, I think.

I also think we should build some more tanks, and then attack someone. But we should do this defensively, so war weariness doens't hurt as much.

Steele
Old April 4, 2002, 17:51   #581
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

yeah...you shouldve demanded them to get out of our territory, that wouldve done the trick...I suggest something similar for india (last time I checked theyre technologically backwards). Is our newest player, TheDarkCavalier, up to the challenge

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old April 4, 2002, 19:02   #582
TheDarkCavalier
Warlord

Local Time: 12:24
I hope .. I'll try to post the moves today, if not tomorrow evening...
Old April 4, 2002, 20:46   #583
Journier
Warlord

god i love racing up to modern tanks like 10 turns before the AI very useful heheheh...

thats the whole reason i put research on ecology
Old April 4, 2002, 21:00   #584
steelehc
Prince

Ecology?!?! What for? Solar plants? I can think of more useful things: stealth.

Steele
Old April 4, 2002, 21:09   #585
Journier
Warlord

dude...

to get modern tanks u need ecology.
hence why i put it on that. which might be why gasp we had modern tanks when Sovy attacked...

stealth is gay and useless as i see it. And any fighters +bombers i find all useless... the probability for a successful bombing needs to be upped a little more....
Old April 4, 2002, 22:52   #586
civman2000
Emperor

bombers are good if you can get a large quantity nad dont use them on cities. stealth bombers are much much better than ordinary bombers. fighters and stealth fighters are useless, but jet fighters are pretty good.

Old April 5, 2002, 00:33   #587
godinex
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovy Kurosei
And the Gods reply... ''Research Rocketry first, foo'!''.

I did, and we have a bunch of aluminum sources, already pretapped.
Oh Sovy! You believe in God You are one of my sheeps now!
Old April 5, 2002, 01:20   #588
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Yeah, try to provoke a war or something. Be as defensive as you can...

And remember, boost up Luxuries the turn before you get declared on, so you actually have some cities that can still produce during war.
Old April 5, 2002, 13:44   #589
Rotten999
Warlord

We need to put the Iroquis on our hit list...they're the only real threat to us winning the game.

A few modern armour could clean out S. America so quickly...
Old April 5, 2002, 14:19   #590
Journier
Warlord

let me put it this way.

the time u spend building a bomber i can spend building a tank.
and my tank doesnt have a possibility to hit it always hitting what i want it to.

10 bombers vs a stack of 10 tanks will probably hit like 2 tanks "maybe" and who knows how much dmg it will cause? could do 1 hitpoint or 2. gasp.

i just ignore air completely most of the time...
If they lose the city they just launched an air attack from this turn his "gasp" bombers are destroyed.

I feel about the same with cruise missiles but ive mass built cruise missiles to help defend my land when the comp counter attacked my own attack with 20-30 tanks.

20 cruise missiles that almost always bring the hitpoints of a tank/ mech. inf. down to 1 is very worthwhile.

i just sent in my elite tanks to become leaders heh. very funny.

Im just saying its better to go all land force then divide it all up into parts

10 less tanks and 10 more bombers while the other guy has 10 more tanks then u might not be the smartest move...
Old April 5, 2002, 16:27   #591
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Yeah, bombers are only good if your on the defensive and the enemy is landing troops near highly defended cities.

There is a transport near New Berlin I believe. Load some tanks on it, take it to Centeral America, and clean house on the Americans and Ruskies.

Then clean house on the French in South America
Old April 5, 2002, 16:59   #592
steelehc
Prince

I am seeing lots of dislike for aircraft. When I invade someone, especially someone who is not on my continent, 3 or 4 aircraft carriers full of stealth bombers, and a couple battleships make a huge difference. I use them to isolate the enemies cities, one by one, and then start trashing their core. In one game, I disconnected fifteen or twenty cities, making them only produce riflemen, and brought at least ten size 20+ cities down to size 1. It worked quite well: no more draft.

Steele
Old April 5, 2002, 17:48   #593
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by steelehc
I am seeing lots of dislike for aircraft. When I invade someone, especially someone who is not on my continent, 3 or 4 aircraft carriers full of stealth bombers, and a couple battleships make a huge difference. I use them to isolate the enemies cities, one by one, and then start trashing their core. In one game, I disconnected fifteen or twenty cities, making them only produce riflemen, and brought at least ten size 20+ cities down to size 1. It worked quite well: no more draft.

Steele
Yeah. I didnt say theyre good enough to build instead of tanks, but they are good. Adn, as steele pointed out, they are great for amphibious invasions

Old April 5, 2002, 19:03   #594
Journier
Warlord

this whole discussion started cuz steele thought stealth was a better technology then Ecology.

Modern tanks rox the game if u can get them earlier then the enemy...

stealth bombers oooh whoopie...
Old April 5, 2002, 21:23   #595
steelehc
Prince

I didn't know that ecology was required for modern tanks. I thought it was synthetic fiber. However, I just looked at the tech tree in the civlopedia. Ecology grants access to synthetic fibers, which in turn grants access to stealth. So it appears that this was a pointless discussion in the first place.

And stealth bombers are very useful.

Steele
Old April 6, 2002, 08:50   #596
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by steelehc
I didn't know that ecology was required for modern tanks. I thought it was synthetic fiber. However, I just looked at the tech tree in the civlopedia. Ecology grants access to synthetic fibers, which in turn grants access to stealth. So it appears that this was a pointless discussion in the first place.

And stealth bombers are very useful.

Steele
reading the last few posts before this I was planning to say exactly the same! Now where did TheDarkCavalier run off to (and what shortened version of his name should we use)

Old April 6, 2002, 13:40   #597
dunk
Prince

Local Time: 16:24
TheDarkCavalier said either yesterday or tonight he would post his turn. I think we should call him Cav.
Old April 6, 2002, 14:55   #598
TheDarkCavalier
Warlord

Local Time: 12:24

AAAAAAH!!!!!!!!! CAN'T LOAD THE SAVE!!!! REINSTALLED CIVIII 2 TIMES, NO GOOD!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

guess I'll have to skip my turn, I'll tell if I make it work.
Old April 6, 2002, 16:58   #599
Journier
Warlord

lolol u do know u need 1.17 patch right...
Old April 6, 2002, 17:27   #600
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

1.17f patch is a must...