Old March 12, 2002, 17:58   #211
Coinich
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Steelehc - I hope I set you up decently well for war, however, I was spending lots o'time on hapiness improvements (peace lover that I am ) which means Knight production was cut dramatically. I say go directly for Athens

Coinich
Old March 12, 2002, 17:59   #212
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:23
Go get 'em, they started the war so i support it...but be nice to the civilians, and remember that we attacked them first...

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old March 12, 2002, 18:12   #213
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Don't look at me. I am the one thats trying to win the game, not end up becoming the worlds tiniest country, and end up having to fight 4 different fronts

Not to mention that, besides Germany, the Greeks are contending with us on Culture... Geez, should we eliminate the Greeks now, when they are weak, or later, when people start throwing around protection pacts?
Old March 12, 2002, 18:16   #214
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

BTW, good luck Steel on the war, and Coinich, I doubt we would really need a whole lot of units to decimate the Greeks. We are republic, and the extra units would be a waste of time.

Try and take those two cities North East of Athens, before laying siege on Athens yourself. They have a more direct road connection, you wipe out the Greek supply of horsies ( I hope ) and that you have a route back to heal your units to a closer city.

After the Greeks, some nice, 'peaceful' expansion... How would you guys like to have the Japs adopted into our mighty empire anyways?
Old March 12, 2002, 18:16   #215
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

uhhh...easier said than done...theyve go tons of island cities and stuff...it would take a 50-100 turn war

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old March 12, 2002, 18:18   #216
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovy Kurosei
How would you guys like to have the Japs adopted into our mighty empire anyways?
Wait till they make an alliance w/someone and attack us...theyll still be weak and itll happen eventually...

Old March 12, 2002, 18:21   #217
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

BTW, forgot to mention this, but when I was in control with my recent turn, and with the war on the Greeks, we lost Persepolis for 1 turn. A Greek knight ( Had 1 HP left ) rode into Persepolis. Promptly after the units rode in, they were arrested by a nearby squad of knights for disturbing the peace
Old March 13, 2002, 19:42   #218
steelehc
Prince

Local Time: 11:23
Finally got around to my war. It went rather well.

1265 AD
-Captured Worker, near Argos
1270 AD
-Traded Territory Map and Chemistry to Rome for Navigation, World map, 17 gold, and 4 gold per turn
-Civville starts building JS Bach's Cathedral
-Captured Pharsalos, 4 workers, 1 catapult
1275 AD
-War weariness, riots in several cities, all quelled
-Argos captured, along with 2 catapults
1280 AD
-Alliance against Greeks and Persians with Indians
1285 AD
-Ho hum
1290 AD
-Ho hum
1295 AD
-Sparta falls to our glorious armies, 1 worker, 1 catapult
-We develop Economics, start working on Physics, eventually going for Theory of Gravity, and Newton's College
1300 AD
-Thessalonica captured by Indians
-City of Civdesert founded (we had a settler wandering around, and its near incense)
1305 AD
-Ho hum
1310 AD
-Our troops approach Athens (5 knights, 4 catapults)

Steele MCXXVIII dies after a mere 50 years in power. Having the shortest lifespan yet of his dynasty, he wishes for more. Last words, "War War war war war war war warwarwarwarwarwarwarwarwar...."

Athens, and the Greek cities on the subcontinent are effectively cut off from the city to the north. The Indians will take that, we should concentrate on Athens with its 2 wonders (Pyrmiads, and Sistine Chapel).

Steele
Old March 13, 2002, 19:43   #219
steelehc
Prince

The .sav file.

Steele
Attached Files:
File Type: zip civsuccession.zip (224.8 KB, 2 views)
Old March 13, 2002, 19:48   #220
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

I am a bit worried the Catapults might destroy the wonders...

Nevertheless, use them to weaken down the enemy. If the wonders are destroyed, just restart... We need those two wonders!
Old March 13, 2002, 21:34   #221
civman2000
Emperor

silly Kurosei...bombardment cant destroy wonders...only razing can. ANyway, catapults only get hits on citys 1/20th of the time...

Old March 13, 2002, 22:51   #222
steelehc
Prince

I dont know about that. They did fairly well against Sparta, taking out about half the hit points of the units stationed there.

Steele
Old March 13, 2002, 23:12   #223
Rotten999
Warlord

Thanks for leaving me some Greek table scraps to devour.
Athens will be ours! As for catapults destroying wonders, I don't think it can happen. Besides, long bombardments aren't my way.

The next turn should be up by tomorrow morning, with any luck.
Old March 13, 2002, 23:50   #224
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

*Shrugs* Learn a new thing everyday.

Wonders, wonders, wonders, hehehehe
Old March 14, 2002, 01:31   #225
Rotten999
Warlord

Well, here's the results!

1315: The senate elects Rotten 999th to the position of counsel. The son of generations of CivForeston dye dealers, he pleases all in attendance with shameless promises and unnecessary pauses for forced applause. Oddly enough, this is the first decree of the senate in fifty years of dictatorial rule, begging the question as to how much of a "republic" the civvers really are.

Rotten declares the Greeks leaders "evildoers" and vows to free the Greek people from the yoke of their tyrannical government.

Soldiers advance on Athens. They are reminded that Greece provoked this war, and that the Greek people will welcome them as liberators once the "criminal armies" are routed from the city.

1320: Consolidation complete around Athens. "Operation Everlasting Goodness" prepares to commence.

Civturkey builds a marketplace. Plans for baths are scraped.

1325: Following catapult strikes the knights attack Athens. 3 Hoplites units are routed, with only a single knight unit lost. The Sistine Chapel and Pyramids are captured. Rotten 999th makes a surprise appearance on the front lines, reading a forgettable speech he wrote on an envelope while making the trip. Athens is renamed Rottenopolis, although some wags now refer to it as "Ego City" or "Unearned Success."

1330: University built at Thebes. Legions of Baseball-cap wearing guys and baby t-shirt wearing girls gather in Thebes for classes like "Alchemy and Astrology."

Hoplite slain in open near Athens.

"WLHC" day declared in Civburg. This "day" continues for years, uninterrupted.

1335 Ulundi builds aqueduct. Libraries rushed in Hiobane/Osaka to apply cultural pressure at borders. Rotten promises to "leave no child behind." Meanwhile, the army begins recruiting 13 year-olds for knight units.

1340 Riots occurred in Rottenopolis. "Maybe some starvation will make them happy" decides Rotten, moving farmers into traveling acting corps, at the expense of production. Placards are posted "The random executions will continue until citizen morale improves."

Attack on Thermophylae. 2 hoplites and one musketman unit are destroyed, at the cost of one knight. A catapult is captured. Sensing declining morale in the army, new honorifics are created by Rotten, namely Civ Hero, 1st and 2nd class. Several Civ Hero 2nd class medals are given to heroes of the battle, especially leaders of the knight unit that defeated the musketmen with little loss to itself.

1345: Physics are discovered. The advance is deemed "worthless" after scientists fail to explain it to Rotten, despite hours of trying. Random executions are passed out in the scientific community to "wake them up." This action has surprisingly few consequences. Metallurgy is set as the new research goals.

1350: A blundering Longbowman unit is killed near Thermophylae. This is declared a glorious victory that should be an inspiration to all.

Contact with Iroquis is secured via India. Maps are traded.

1355: Seige on Corinth begins.

Civmanton builds a bank.

Rotten awards himself a "Civ Hero 2nd class medal" To match the 1st class medal he awarded himself for the "science purge" of 1345.

Marketplace built in Civhills.

1360: Corinth falls. 2 hoplite units and 1 knight unit are destroyed in battle. The victory paves the way for Rotten 999th's greatest accomplishment (according to the historian Pliny the Anachronism). Now expelled from the continent, peace is concluded with Greece, in exchange for contact with France, America, and Russia, 23 Gold, and the cities of Ur and Pergamon.
Contact with "New World" civs leads to map exchanges. Peaceful production plans are set up in the heart of the empire. The "Pax Rotten" is declared.

Ironically, the author of the "diplomatic renaissance" and the"tamer of asia's southern protuberence" does not live to see these acheivements come to fruition. He is fatally stabbed on a routine trip to Civhills. A young man ran up to him after a speech, shouted "My father was a physicist!" and dealt the mortal blow. Mourning occurs throughout the land, with the exception of scientists and their families, families of dead teens from the Greek war, and all conquered people. In other words, there wasn't a heck of a lot of mourning.
Old March 14, 2002, 01:40   #226
Rotten999
Warlord

And the file.
Old March 14, 2002, 01:44   #227
Rotten999
Warlord

Okay, that didn't work. How does one attach?
Old March 14, 2002, 01:47   #228
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

You attach by pressing CTRL+F while responding, put in the word 'attach' and you should be dragged down to a text marked 'Attach File'.

You gotta put the File into Zip format, or it won't upload.
Old March 14, 2002, 02:08   #229
Rotten999
Warlord

Maybe now...
Attached Files:
File Type: zip succession.zip.zip (268.0 KB, 4 views)
Old March 14, 2002, 12:09   #230
civman2000
Emperor

i'll play my turns tonight...kuroseiburg shall be renamed again

Old March 14, 2002, 17:29   #231
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Do that and your turn will not count

Capeche?

NOTE: I don't screw around with your city name, you don't screw around with mine.
Old March 14, 2002, 17:30   #232
civman2000
Emperor

hmmm...how about "Peaceville"?

Old March 14, 2002, 17:31   #233
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

By the way, I won't be able to be here for the next 3 three days, so I suggest that after Civman posts up his turn, I'll take my turn, then Godinax can take his. I will be back either on late Sunday night, or Monday.
Old March 14, 2002, 17:31   #234
civman2000
Emperor

You owe that city name to me (civman II)!!

Old March 14, 2002, 17:32   #235
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

How about you don't screw around with the city names, and your turn will be valid
Old March 14, 2002, 17:33   #236
civman2000
Emperor

ummm...uhh..sounds awfully fishy

PS: cute lil fishy!

Old March 14, 2002, 17:34   #237
civman2000
Emperor

how about we go all the way back to, um, Kurosei IV and do that over...he disobeyed his honorable father!

Old March 14, 2002, 17:34   #238
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

*Shrugs* Well, if thats the logic, then you owe me...

Most of the Zulu Empire.
Thebes.
Most of the Jap Empire.
A smaller portion of the Greek empire.
Nearly all of the Persian Empire.
The first Chinese Capital ( Which I have taken for us ).
Old March 14, 2002, 17:35   #239
civman2000
Emperor

OK OK i wont rename it...i have a better idea

Old March 14, 2002, 17:36   #240
civman2000
Emperor

Aw, thebes doesnt count...I started that and sent the forces, you just made the attack