Old December 1, 2000, 18:47   #1
shadowlessasasin
Settler

Local Time: 00:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Bigger Map
How many of you would like a bigger, MUCH bigger map for Civ III? I really would like a much bigger map, so that we can build more cities. It would be kind of cool too to have the map that shows the territory occupied by every single civilization by different colors. Its not an important function. But somehow,I think some of us Civ players just like to watch the size of our empire compared to that of those others on the map. Gives us a sense of accomplishment (or in the opposite case, shame).
By the way, this is totally irrelevant. A new movie from Taiwan will be out in Dec. This movie is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I've watched it when I was in Taiwan over this summer vacation. You all should go watch it. Its realllllllly good.
Old December 1, 2000, 19:02   #2
Zer0_T0lerance
Warlord

Local Time: 18:34
Local Date: October 30, 2010
quote:

Originally posted by shadowlessasasin on 12-01-2000 05:47 PM
It would be kind of cool too to have the map that shows the territory occupied by every single civilization by different colors.

Good idea about the map. We need bigger maps anyway to accomodate many more civs. But use flags, not colors!! This way players can choose any combination of civs, instead of having to choose only one civ from each group of civs of the same color (note: this enhances customisability).

------------------
Zero (formerly jrhughes98)
[This message has been edited by Zero_Tolerance (edited December 01, 2000).]
Old December 2, 2000, 02:32   #3
Christantine The Great
Prince

Local Time: 19:34
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I am in favor of larger maps but I don't want a map of the world with Italy being able to hold 10 cities. I think that a large map with identifiable landmarks (Being able to see the shape of the boot of Italy; more small islands.) would be a good idea to base the size of a map on. Then there should be a detailed map of every continent with the game, too.

------------------
"Freedom, Trade, Christantine!"

The Viking Archives
Old December 2, 2000, 03:19   #4
UltraSonix
King

Local Time: 10:34
quote:

It would be kind of cool too to have the map that shows the territory occupied by every single civilization by different colors. Its not an important function. But somehow,I think some of us Civ players just like to watch the size of our empire compared to that of those others on the map. Gives us a sense of accomplishment (or in the opposite case, shame).

Doesn't the SMAC/FreeCiv replay thing already do this? It shows the territories of each civ turn by turn for the whole game. (Though I've just realised the SMAC one doens't show water territories - and I was the pirates! )

edit: Just love these smilies!

------------------
No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)
[This message has been edited by UltraSonix (edited December 02, 2000).]
Old December 5, 2000, 23:47   #5
Diablo, Bro. of Mephisto
Prince

Local Time: 00:34
I agree with you, there should be MUCH larger maps, especialy since there will be many more civs.

even though I don't think this is a major subject, I think they should also improve the mini-map, like show mountain ranges, rivers, etc.