Old February 11, 2002, 12:49   #1
mkalthoff
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
different ai in single and mulitplayer?
We are playing Apolyton Pack multiplayer and i could not get an ai-player to do anything to trade with me. But when i incidently started a single player game to my surprise the ai even offered something on their own.

Are the ai-settings in Apolyton Pack different in single and mulitplayer? If yes: why? can i change this?

Thanks in advance

Mattas
Old February 11, 2002, 16:02   #2
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 13:27
As far as I know the AI is exactly the same in SP and MP. The big differences in MP arise from the humans themselves not the AI.
Old February 11, 2002, 16:16   #3
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 20:27
I don't have an answer for you as such but somewhere i remember it was said that the mods don't change stuff in multiplayer only in single player - which i find strange as all the units,era's,tech's etc do change and in craddle(multiplayer) the AI is more aggressive than 'vanilla' CTP2...so i would think it does apply in mp mode - it certainly seems too. As to the diplomacy bit, i have noticed that if you are quite low on the world graph compared to the AI(and in the mods on harder levels you are usually bottom) then they are reluctant to deal with you and you have to give them a few freebies(like your map/gold etc) to build you reputation with them. Also say you have a decent reputation with a civ(you've exchanged maps a few times etc) and you want to exchange techs, if you offer a tech for one of theirs they will usually decline, but if you just ask for that tech they will counterpropsal you for the tech you wanted to exchange in the first place!(i'm playing Craddle at the mo).So try that kind of thing. So i would like to know as well if certain things in the mods don't work in multiplayer mode.....they seem too? I think.....
Old February 12, 2002, 11:06   #4
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 22:27
From the *.txt files there should be no difference in AI behavior in SP and MP.

True is that the modders focused on improving SP as SP was played more than MP. And persionally I play SP, therefore I can't find every bug on my own that appears in MP that doesn't appear in SP.

-Martin
Old February 12, 2002, 11:32   #5
Sceptor107
Settler

Local Time: 20:27
download med mod. it works