Old February 11, 2002, 13:27   #1
ndlxs
Settler

Local Time: 20:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Everyone is Attacking!
On a couple of recent games, I have been gang-attacked by ALL of the other civilizations. On the most recent one, somehow England said I backed out of a trade (though I sure don't remember doing that); on the one before that, they just attacked..

Any clues on why this is happening? Maybe I just need to build up my military more?
Old February 11, 2002, 14:45   #2
Thrawn05
King

Local Time: 15:27
Well, it sounds like you're playing a level like monarch.

All you can do it keep checking your military advisor and see if you have a strong military. If you do have a strong military, then it is unlikly that you're going to get gang attacked. A weak civ is one that gets torn apart from many difference civs trying to get some sort of spoil IMHO.

Happy fighting!
Old February 11, 2002, 17:19   #3
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 13:27
As for the backing out of a trade, this can happen even without your doing. If your trade routes pass through a civ who declares war on you, that trade arrangement is cancelled, and you will be held responsible, not the other civ.
Old February 11, 2002, 17:42   #4
ndlxs
Settler

Local Time: 20:27
Ahh-hah...that explains the bad trades. I have been playing as Regent only; I guess it's time for me to sit back and read all of the strategy papers here..sheesh..you guys are too good!
Old February 11, 2002, 17:45   #5
Willem
Emperor

Nah, I just hang out around here a lot. Just keep reading, there's lots of stuff floating around here.
Old February 11, 2002, 21:40   #6
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Willem
As for the backing out of a trade, this can happen even without your doing. If your trade routes pass through a civ who declares war on you, that trade arrangement is cancelled, and you will be held responsible, not the other civ.

I respectfully disagree with that. If the civ you are trading with goes to war (weather or not your started it) cancelled the trade, with no real negative effect on the other civs. I just tried this today, and as far as I am concern, except the one I am at war with, everyone wuv me .
Old February 11, 2002, 21:46   #7
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn05

I respectfully disagree with that. If the civ you are trading with goes to war (weather or not your started it) cancelled the trade, with no real negative effect on the other civs. I just tried this today, and as far as I am concern, except the one I am at war with, everyone wuv me .
Did you check they're feelings toward you, like were they furious or polite? Did you try to make a deal with them?
Old February 12, 2002, 12:50   #8
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Willem

Did you check they're feelings toward you, like were they furious or polite? Did you try to make a deal with them?
They were all polite towards me, except the one I am at war with, who is furious.

I guess I found a GOOD bug in the game
Old February 13, 2002, 11:23   #9
JohnE
Chieftain

Re: Everyone is Attacking!
Quote:
Originally posted by ndlxs
On a couple of recent games, I have been gang-attacked by ALL of the other civilizations.
To secure peace is to prepare for war. Peacefully build a big military even if you don't use it, and the AI will be less likely to declare war on you.