Old February 11, 2002, 21:15   #1
Lord God
Settler

Local Time: 15:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I need Help on this Error
I need help what does this mean and how can i fix it?

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2 \ctp2_data\default\gamedata\APOL_airunit.slc:111: Array index 0 out of bounds:
Old February 12, 2002, 07:04   #2
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 21:28
It means you are running the Apolyton Pack either without setting DebugSlic to No, or without the patch v1.1 the patch v1.1
Old February 12, 2002, 17:33   #3
Lord God
Settler

I all ready have installed the patch and i tried reinstalling it and the game still gets the error.
I want to try the other option with debugslic but i don't know how to change it. Can you please tell me how to do that?
thank you very much
Old February 12, 2002, 18:24   #4
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:28
open ctp2_program\ctp\userprofile.txt and look for the setting DebugSlic. If it's not set to No already, make it so
Old February 12, 2002, 23:50   #5
Lord God
Settler

That has seem to work so far thanks very much
Old February 13, 2002, 16:22   #6
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 13:28
Yeah, I guess that's why we keep him hanging around! ;-)
Old February 13, 2002, 17:07   #7
Lord God
Settler

I have another Question
Can you download new units and use them with the apolyton pack mod or are they seperate mods?
Old February 13, 2002, 18:36   #8
Lord God
Settler

Final Question i think
When i play the game in the middle of the computers turn i have to wait a few minutes (i can move the mouse but the computer seems to have froze) before it's turn has ended and this was when it showed the error but the error is fixed and i want to know is there any way to speed up its turn and to prevent it from taking for ever?
Old February 13, 2002, 19:06   #9
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 20:28
The main mods are outlined in the FAQ(Apolyton/MedMod/Craddle)and the units you mention are probably from the files section and to import them into the mods could be quite tricky!If you look around there will be a thread somewhere on it i'm sure
And the pause during an enemy civs turn is common in all the mods and it happens when the enemy civ sends a unit to pick up a goody-hut. All the programmers tried to fix this but couldn't so its just something you have to put up with and it happens less often as the game goes on - i usually put the kettle on while it does it's thing
Old February 13, 2002, 19:07   #10
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord God
That has seem to work so far thanks very much

Lord God,
Of course you can add as much to the game as you want (well, eventually you'll run into limitations but there's plenty of room), but it's not just a matter of plug-and-play, like with the Apolyton Pack. You'll have to start modding yourself: manually add entries them to units.txt, uniticon.txt, gl_str.txt, Great_Library.txt and maybe one or two others I'm forgetting about. I recommend that if you want to do that, you download hexagonian's modder guide (it's on his website) and read through the instructions that. It's not all that hard to do but it requires some more effort than just downloading and unzipping a mod...

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say with your last post. I suspect you're describing the delay when one of the AIs (or you) are entering a goody hut and they (you) get an unit. This is a bug that the more complex unit/tech tree of the mods causes. Until recently it was thought to be unfixable but not too long ago I had a moment of inspiration and am working on something that might solve it. Might be a while before it's done though, so for now you'll have to get used to the delay.
Old February 14, 2002, 00:36   #11
Lord God
Settler

Thanks
I don't have an more question and i will look into mods because i don't know anything much about them. But once agian i thank every one who has helped me and if i have any more question i will post them in this thread. Thanks Very Much