Old February 13, 2002, 17:06   #1
Worthingtons
Prince

Local Time: 20:32
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The New Pop Rushing Twist
Well, It seems Pop-rushing can no longer be used for the construction of Military Camps , but there is a new twist.
Before the changes, a citizen was consumed, meaning your city was less productive than before (because you work one less tile) so this was an disadvantage as well as the unhappiness...

Now it appears that it's a little different....

Forgive me if I'm wrong (cos I am veeery tired) but Basically... a Temple makes 2 ppl Unhappy, if you pop rush when it will only make 1 citizen unhappy , what does this mean - Cheaper Temples and quicker culture points

Boy, that didnt take me long to spot
Old February 13, 2002, 19:14   #2
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 07:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Nah.

Pop-rushing still consumes population. However, rather than rushing the 'unhappy' part of your population to death, you are rushing the 'content' part of your population to death, leaving only the 'unhappy' peaple.

So unhappiness will be greater, but population will still decrease.
Old February 13, 2002, 20:03   #3
tommyd
Settler

Okay, so if you pop-rush a temple first, it will make one unhappy citizen content....Doesn't that take care of the problem?

This new twist: killing off the happy people instead of the unhappy ones, makes sense. It will force people to get luxuries or city improvements that will keep the remaining unhappy people content...

It sounds like you can still pop-rush, you just have to work more on the city that is going to be doing it.

Tommy
Old February 13, 2002, 23:25   #4
Ogie Oglethorpe
ACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

If it is as described, then really the patch really doesn't do much in the way of eliminating Military camps for me especially for captured enemy cities.

My means of dealing with the enemy city was to immediately make all pop points to tax men. Starve the base down to size 1 if not already there and feed a stream of workers to the city in question. Add worker and immediately pop rush out firstly a barracks then swordman/catapult/horeseman etc. Remaining pop point goes back to taxman status. This means the city maintains a steady size of 1 yielding the infamous 1 shield etc. but also allows an extra coin for the only pop point and NO unrest all supported by the base square.

As long as I can continue feeding workers to the city, (so long size 6 worker farm) this patch seems to be no impediment whatsoever as unrest doesn't even enter into the equation. Now Firaxis don't you go fixing my one and only working gambit.

Og

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter
Old February 14, 2002, 06:45   #5
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 07:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
At least you can't be a complete tyrant to your own "good" cities