Old February 14, 2002, 13:17   #1
Ironwood
Prince

Local Time: 13:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Assault on Babylon
Week 1:

My name is Dekkai. I am the commander of the fifth sword band of the great and victorious Zulu Army. The pay stinks, but the perks are good: when victorious, we get our pick of the stuff in the city we just took over, not to mention the women.

Recently, our leader, Shaka, decided that the Babylonians were getting too rich and powerful, so we decided to go bust some heads. I have orders to lead the assault on Ashur, a suburb not far from the city of Babylon itself.

Shaka is a military genius, let me tell you. He organized a lot of the younger, less skilled guys into units he calls "Impi." They're not much for all out attacks on province, but they're light and mobile. They're also loyal; let them feel the heat of battle, and they'll hold their position well.

Shaka has sent out Impi units to the city of Babylon itself. They're not supposed to actually enter the city, just tear up the region around it, and make it impossible for Hammurabi to actually get orders out, or for merchants to trade, or anything like that.

The Babylonians are a bunch of rich guys with entirely too much money. I hear they go on and on and on about their rich culture and history. What they have is nothing next to our military might, though. I look forward to getting my hands on *their* women. I've heard their some of the fairest around.

Tomorrow, we'll be ready to move.
Take me as I am.
Old February 14, 2002, 22:14   #2
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Local Time: 14:34
Funny... I am the sorta guy that plays as the Babylonians, but renamed them to Drakonians. I personally go out of my way to take out of the Zulu's.

In my latest game, I talk about taking out the Zulu cities, and conquering what was left of Zululand
Old February 15, 2002, 20:26   #3
Ironwood
Prince

Local Time: 13:34
Week 2
I've only begun. I think you'll be interested in how things progress.

Week 2:

A week has passed, and I have orders to hold at Ashur. As usual, to avoid the problem with an escaped and united opposition, Babylon remains untouched. Shaka has sent more units to continue the conquest of the Babylonian Empire. As for me, I'm just supposed to keep an eye on things so's people around here remember who rules them now.

And what a job it is. The local resistance is fierce. Some of my boys are starting to complain. It was all fun, fire, and blood when the city fell, but sometimes it seems the battle never truly stopped. There are still areas of the city my men can't enter, for fear of the resistance.

Just the other night, a few of my men failed to return to base. They'd been out, drinking and carousing as usual, and I suppose they made a wrong turn. We found them the next morning. One of them had his skull caved in from behind. The other had his throat cut. What a mess.

We're making progress, though. Just the other day, I managed to concentrate my forces at a particularly prickely point. There's a place where the alleyways go into a loop where initially, the locals themselves feared to go, for the crime that went on there. Since then, the resisters have taken up residence in these areas, scurrying into the shadows like the rats they are.

The battle was hard, but swift. In the end, we'd captured a good many of them, including one of their leaders. An interesting man, that Akkeresh. He wouldn't tell us anything, so we put him to the torch. That should quiet things down for a bit.

Still, I found the whole incident a bit unsettling. It's just a shame that such a quality man should have to die, rather than see reason. But, that is the nature of war.
Take me as I am.
Old February 21, 2002, 13:00   #4
godinex
Prince

Local Time: 14:34
really? and what happens next?