Old February 15, 2002, 19:08   #31
star mouse
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 07:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The map below shows the location of the barbarian civs in the save game I posted above.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	barbarianmap.jpg
Views:	2333
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	9970  
Old February 15, 2002, 20:51   #32
Kevin Ar18
Warlord

Local Time: 20:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
1. I expereienced random spots all over my map where one tile was visible to me that I had not explored. These single tiles scattered over the whole world were in active visibility mode where I could see units moving through them.

2. When I view the research tree it does not show me what improvements or units are avaialbe in the box. I have to double click on the box, opening the civilopedia, to see what will become available.
Old February 15, 2002, 20:57   #33
DaXX
Chieftain

ok i am the most powerful civ, offering a peace treaty to france so i can focus on other things... i ask for one of their cities in return for peace, my advisor tells me "We're getting close to a deal here"

so i figure i'll offer some gold, just to tip the scales over the top. no matter what my offer of gold, from 1 to 200 pieces, offering gold immediately sends the deal to "They would never accept such a deal!"

this seems strange to me...

Last edited by DaXX; February 16, 2002 at 00:05.
Old February 15, 2002, 21:05   #34
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 22:35
Several "civilopedia" bugs (yep, they still exisst).
-In bonus resouse section (concepts) game still give +1 food.
-In maintaince section (concepts) Costall Fortress upkeep is 2 (should be 0)
-in ZOC concepts, wrong units are in list (not fixed in 1.16f also): rider, horsemen, etc...
-there are even some more (don't rember)

Advice to Firaxis:
When making balance chages, check all entries in Civlopeia. (new patch , new errors)
Especialy since cost, maintaince and similar chages are not in README (and they should be).
Old February 15, 2002, 21:10   #35
pauli
Prince

Local Time: 16:35
Quote:
1. I expereienced random spots all over my map where one tile was visible to me that I had not explored. These single tiles scattered over the whole world were in active visibility mode where I could see units moving through them.
i got that one too. it's really strange.
Old February 15, 2002, 21:24   #36
Kevin Ar18
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Ar18

2. When I view the research tree it does not show me what improvements or units are avaialbe in the box. I have to double click on the box, opening the civilopedia, to see what will become available.
#1 only happened in a certain game
#2 has resolved itself when I closed and restarted Civ3 -- when it did happen it affected all games
Old February 15, 2002, 21:25   #37
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 13:35
Quote:
1. I experienced random spots all over my map where one tile was visible to me that I had not explored. These single tiles scattered over the whole world were in active visibility mode where I could see units moving through them.
Ditto. For me, it happens to be the Persian city of (IForgetItsName). I am continuing a game in the late Industrial age (1790's). It seems that it's going to stay visible forever.

Of course, this could be a spy or information source (I have not established a spy in Persia), or some other "feature"/surprise that Firaxis is not disclosing.

EDIT: Yes, I later found that there were several other lit tiles scattered about (none were adjacent)

Last edited by Jaybe; February 16, 2002 at 19:18.
Old February 15, 2002, 22:40   #38
rebus
Settler

Since installing the patch this morning I've had games crashing with invalid page faults, etc, about every fifteen minutes or so, sometimes more frequently. Before the patch had "illegal" crashes maybe once every two or three sessions, now it's constant. Firing the game up after a crash now produces a black screen and the illegal error box which hangs my machine until reboot. Unhappy.
Old February 16, 2002, 02:51   #39
madwand97
Settler

Local Time: 15:35
Graphic corruption
Since installing the patch I've been seeing some serious corruption, mostly of fonts in the game. Overall the fonts are readable but they look like they are missing about 30% of the characters. The worst problems I've seen so far though are in diplomatic mode, some text either is not displayed or is being pushed off the screen. Civilopedia entries are messed up looking too. In any case this is making the game very difficult to play - it is also hard to explain, so here are some screenshots - hope everything will be clear. For the record I have a geforce2 MX400 video card with the latest Nvidia drivers on Windows 2000.
Old February 16, 2002, 03:00   #40
madwand97
Settler

Can't Attach File
Ok, I'm trying to attach a screenshot per my message above, but it is not working.... I have a 127K JPG file that I am "attaching" with the browse tool next to "attach file" and it acts like it is uploading the file but it never appears in the post. Help!
Old February 16, 2002, 07:24   #41
kittenOFchaos
Prince

Local Time: 21:35
Civilisation placement tools:

1. Civbreed
2. Grampos CPT

DO NOT WORK if you have patched to 1.17f...

This is only an issue as after 4 months still no correct civilisation placements possible with the editor etc...pathetic.

PLUS

The game still doesn't check all drives for the cd:

thus since my primary drive is dead at the moment I had to re-install to play running the install through my secondary drive (how I play b4...I put on the no-cd hack when my primary drive died).

I am reverting back to 1.16f more likely than not till they get the playtesting on this patch done...and that will take them AGES as per usual
Old February 16, 2002, 07:58   #42
player1
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by kittenOFchaos
thus since my primary drive is dead at the moment I had to re-install to play running the install through my secondary drive (how I play b4...I put on the no-cd hack when my primary drive died).
1.17f no-cd is out
Won't say where.
Old February 16, 2002, 08:36   #43
kittenOFchaos
Prince

I know
Old February 16, 2002, 09:54   #44
Chronus
Prince

Can anyone confirm the following:

The 1.16 version allowed us to enter a city in civil disorder to fix the problem. This works in 1.17 as well. However, in 1.16, I can see the city resource effects of moving my workers around or changing them into entertainers. I cannot see these effects in the 1.17 version. Keep in mind that this is occuring in the city display screen WHILE the city is in disorder.

Example:

A city producing one extra food per turn goes into civil disorder. The game zooms me to the city so I can fix it. Now, do I remove the worker off of the hill, which is producing one food, while cutting down on shields, or do I remove the worker on grasslands (two foods) and slowly starve the city while maintaining higher shield output? The unfortunate thing is, I can no longer see the effects of moving or removing the workers.

The big surprise came when this first happened. I converted a worker off of some grasslands but did not see the red, international "no" symbols in the food box, so I assumed my city was not starving. The next turn . . . BAM! . . . the "starvation" warning poped up and my city immeiately lost a population point!

Then again, this could be seen as an additional penalty for allowing your city to fall into disorder. Hmmm . . . I'll continue playing my game with this in mind.
Old February 16, 2002, 10:27   #45
player1
Emperor

Now War Chariot is upgraded to Horsemen.
That's bad idea.
Why?
Since someone whould actualy want to build cheap War Ch. (not to happen if owning Horseback riding).

At least Impi don't upgrade to pikemen (good idea).

It would be nice to have Hoplites not to upgrade to Musketmen (go directly to Riflemen)

Why?
1/3/1, 20 cost vs 2/4/1, 60 cost

For next patch:
make musketmen to: 3/4/1, 50 cost (french to 4/4/1, 50 cost)

Fix obsolenece problems:
Don't want Swordsmen in modern age:
Suggestion: upgrade bow & sword to Rilfemen

Similar to Ironclads & frigates:
Suggestion: don't know for now.
Old February 16, 2002, 16:33   #46
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

deleted
Was no bug

Last edited by Gramphos; February 16, 2002 at 18:04.
Old February 16, 2002, 17:10   #47
Kiltdown
Settler

hoped this would be fixed with 17, but alas...
Game locks when fighter tries to shoot down bomber over Lyon.

Any game developers have family in Lyon or something?

Attached Files:
File Type: zip bomb lyon to lock-up.zip (124.9 KB, 7 views)
Old February 16, 2002, 17:35   #48
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by player1

Similar to Ironclads & frigates:
Suggestion: don't know for now.
Transports.
Old February 16, 2002, 18:07   #49
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

I upgraded an elite warrior to a legionary. Then, I reloaded the game several turns prior to making the upgrade for an unrelated reason. When I went to upgrade the warrior again it didn't allow me to. The upgrade/lightening button didn't appear at all. From this point on I was unable to upgrade any warriors.
Old February 16, 2002, 18:55   #50
Killerdaffy
Warlord

Location: in other words a gang leader aspiring to Presidency
"Neutral" worker in 1.17f
I play the Egyptians and captured a Roman worker. While waiting for orders only "Worker (Egypt)" is shown as unit description instead of "Roman worker (Egypt)". This is true for all captured workers. When right-clicking on a stack, though, the description is correct.
Old February 16, 2002, 19:00   #51
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Re: "Neutral" worker in 1.17f
Quote:
Originally posted by Killerdaffy
I play the Egyptians and captured a Roman worker. While waiting for orders only "Worker (Egypt)" is shown as unit description instead of "Roman worker (Egypt)". This is true for all captured workers. When right-clicking on a stack, though, the description is correct.
Exactly the same problem I have (not the one I edited away). Jeff said somthing about changing it because of localized language versions in the chat, but I think it is supposed to be Worker (Roman), if you right click on it it says (Roman) Worker.

I sent him the details via e-mail.
Old February 16, 2002, 19:15   #52
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

Stack Movement
I have 2 transports (loaded to capacity) in the same tile. 'j' does not move them both -- have to move them individually. Must be because they are loaded with non-transport units.

Would probably get the same results if I had 2 armies in the same tile.
Old February 16, 2002, 19:42   #53
klesh
King

Local Time: 16:35
That is odd, because it's not like you are actually 'moving' the units in the sense that they are using their respective movement allowances. I would indeed like to see the transport issue resolved.

-FMK.
Old February 16, 2002, 20:33   #54
woody
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by player1
Now War Chariot is upgraded to Horsemen.
That's bad idea.
Why?
Since someone whould actualy want to build cheap War Ch. (not to happen if owning Horseback riding).
It's a moot point. Egyptians can't build Horsemen. So, their war chariots don't "upgrade" to horsemen, they go directly to knights.
Old February 16, 2002, 20:39   #55
NorthSwordsman
Prince

Upkeep Costs
There seems to be a bug involving upkeep costs.

Here is what happened. I built granaries in several cities (forgot how many ), and started work on the Pyramids a little bit later. I successfully acquired the Pyramids, which made the granaries I built rather redundant- so I decided to sell them off rather than pay upkeep for something I get for free.

After selling off the ones I built, there shouldn't be any upkeep at all. Yet, in several cities, I have an upkeep cost of 4 on the Domestic Advisor screen, yet on the city screen, there is only a total of 3 upkeep cost listed.

I have attached a game save for your convience.
Attached Files:
Old February 16, 2002, 20:44   #56
star mouse
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 07:35
A minor display bug
If you're playing with a mod where Scientists or Taxmen require advances to become available, the Science advisor screen shows these on the appropriate screen. Good.

The bug is that the icons of Scientists and Taxmen that it uses are reversed.

The attached image shows the effect of setting Taxmen to a prerequisite of Currency, and Scientists to a prerequisite of Invention. The icon with the Currency advance is a picture of a wizard, and the icon with Invention is a bald bloke that has to be a tax collector.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	advisorbug.jpg
Views:	1686
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	10012  
Old February 16, 2002, 20:44   #57
Imp. Montezuma
Warlord

Local Time: 00:35
Another bug: Barbarian Army, ICBM etc.
Hi folk!

Wonderful barbaian Army, ICBM, Stelth Bomber, Nuke Subs etc!!!
All units but UUs is available for Barbarians. Terrorists?!

What's kinda a joke...
Old February 16, 2002, 20:56   #58
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

The game does not save random for me if I select to be a random civ.
Old February 16, 2002, 20:59   #59
player1
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by woody

It's a moot point. Egyptians can't build Horsemen. So, their war chariots don't "upgrade" to horsemen, they go directly to knights.
Egyptians CAN build Horsemen (if having tech).
Old February 16, 2002, 21:31   #60
Wade
Settler

eliminator is a retard
Hey Eliminator are you that stupid that you havent figured out thats what they did with civ 2 is by putting out a multiplayer patch MORON