Old December 11, 2000, 23:43   #1
ContradictioN

Dan M, CTP2, Interface.
I can't quite remember what you said Dan, but I think you said something about CTP2. If I remember it correctly.....well I agree with u!

Anyway, I've just played it, and it is a complete joke (again!). It takes me far too long to manage a city (change a build option, manage the food, etc etc) whereas in Civ2, it was almost instant. I could see bloody well everything I needed to! In CTP2, ya can't! WHAT A JOKE!

I'm sick ovit, and I am worried that civ3 will go down that same track, so I am just warning you guys, don't go down the CTP track, they have it wrong, civ2 has it right, all you guys need to do, is take civ2s interface and make everything else better.

>serious<

Old December 12, 2000, 02:17   #2
Asmodeous
DiploGames
Prince

Local Time: 19:35
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I dunno, I would have to say, instead of the Civ2 interface, use the SMAC interface. It had a lot of excellent features that Civ2 was horridly lacking.

Such as:

1. Ability to create a build queue. THIS IS IMPORTANT. It's incredibly irritating to have to set what the cities are about to build EVERY freakin' time they build something.

2. Workshop. Two words. Workshop GOOOOOOOD!!!!

3. More required information directly in front of your li'l eyes when viewing a city.

Need I go on?

The Civ2 interface was outdated a long time ago, when people decided that there were more important things than just seeing pretty, smiling heads staring back at them.

Me.
Old December 12, 2000, 02:29   #3
ContradictioN

no no no!!!!!!

Bloody hell! I have to explain everything in heavy detail around here don't I? Its the number one reason why I dun bother posting much! ARGH

Obviously I am not saying USE Civ2's interface and dun change it! I AM SAYING UPDATE IT! That is just an obvious thing! Thats why I dun say it, gawd...there is just no imagination around here...how freaking terrible is that......

Old December 12, 2000, 16:43   #4
Tical_2000
Warlord

Local Time: 00:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010

Contradiction: The fact is most of the people who read the the posts know exactly what it means but have the urge to make smart guy replies simply because they like seeing their precious username written in stone on the boards. Irritating isn't it?
Old December 12, 2000, 16:57   #5
ContradictioN

yah, it is, I think ppl should just post something either positive or constructive.

usualy all I read is a straight "No, go away" msg in these forums

Old December 12, 2000, 18:38   #6
Ralf
King

Local Time: 01:35
I want the Civ-3 interface to be the anti-pode of the CTP/CTP-2 interface is.

In CTP/CTP-2 everything is fractionized into multiple manager-screens, and most of these manager-screens is fractionized even further into many tabs.

In Civ-3, i want ONE fat (Civ-2 style) 800x600 pop-up city-screen that contains ALL vital city/empire info. If its necessary; a second tab, on that same city-screen, that contains less vital information thats not needed so often. That should basically cover it all.

The input-able city-area screen should still be there, and all city-screen information is desplayed graphically (no numbers ala CTP-2). The city-improvements all have easy-to-understand 50%, 100%, 200% benefits.

By the way: I suggested earlier that interface should be totally Ms Window-ish, with a couple of different skins, that the player can choose from. According to Firaxis; Dan Mahaga, this is an idea that has been "tossed around the office" for a while. What do you think about it?
Old December 12, 2000, 19:06   #7
ContradictioN

Yep, exactly what I was thinking Ralf.

Old December 13, 2000, 10:12   #8
Yog-Sothoth
Prince

Local Time: 01:35
Yes, give us the fast and handy civ2 interface, only updated with obvious stuff like queue etc.